• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Bandit Dynasty League Thread

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, gotta see landing spots before I'm excited about almost all of the rookies this yr.

Even been tough to get into researching these guys so far on my end

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I think that's a common theme Fuzz. I look at all the rosters and I don't see a dominant one or a weak one. I really like Monkey's roster the most because it's hard to beat Beckham and Hopkins at WR. That's a monster combination. I think A.J. of Roll Tide probably has the weakest overall team, but he has Carson Wentz, Antonio Brown, and Zach Ertz and that really was enough to win some weeks last year. So much is going to depend on what happens with these running backs that are free agents, where they sign, or guys that are getting older or what direction the team wants to go. Guys like Isaiah Crowell (free agent), Orleans Darkwa (will the Giants try and improve on him and Gallman), Kenneth Dixon (will the Ravens give him another shot or will it go to Alex Collins or Danny Woodhead), will the Jets cut Matt Forte and be happy with just Bilal Powell and Elijah McGuire, what will the Packers do with a healthy Ty Montgomery, Jamaal Williams, and Aaron Jones, and that's just my freaking team. Not to mention what the hell are they going to do in places like Houston (Lamar Miller, Alfred Blue, D'onta Foreman), Tennessee (do they keep Demarco Murray?), Detroit (I'm not even guessing which guy there), Seattle (too many to list), Philadelphia (even more than Seattle), Marshawn Lynch is a terrible fit for a Jon Gruden offense, but will he figure out a way to make that work or go with one of the younger guys? Washington has question marks (Robert Kelley, Samaje Perine, Chris Thompson), Denver gave C.J. Anderson the job at the end of the year and now they are shopping him, so does that mean they give the job to Devontae Booker or Deangelo Henderson, or draft or trade for somebody else. Miami, Tampa Bay, the list goes on. There seriously are a ton more running backs with question marks than there are guys that you know is going on with. That what makes it so freaking hard when looking at rosters this time of year, because you could trade for somebody that loses their job before the season starts.

So true, but that is exactly why you trade this time of year. Should I have waited until Bells status cleared up to trade for him? If you own CJ Anderson do you wait to keep him off the trade market and roll the dice that he'll still be the starting RB for the Broncos or do you offer him up and see if someone is willing to gamble and give you some value now, even if it's not what you hoped for? Do you wait until a FA is signed before you become interested, or if you believe he will get signed, make a offer while his market is low.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So true, but that is exactly why you trade this time of year. Should I have waited until Bells status cleared up to trade for him? If you own CJ Anderson do you wait to keep him off the trade market and roll the dice that he'll still be the starting RB for the Broncos or do you offer him up and see if someone is willing to gamble and give you some value now, even if it's not what you hoped for? Do you wait until a FA is signed before you become interested, or if you believe he will get signed, make a offer while his market is low.
Oddly enough, friggin CJ is my main concern with Drake and the Phins starting job. I'd bet my next paycheck he isn't a donkey next year, and I'd bet a shiny nickle he lands in Miami. Hopefully Drake keeps him in his place

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Bandit

Waiver order doesn't change with the draft or anything?
Only if you pick up a player, right?

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Bandit

On behave of Bandit - That would be correct to the best of my knowledge. ..... waiver order is set by order of finish from the previous yr and will only change IF a player is added via waivers. That is unless a waiver order trade is made.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On behave of Bandit - That would be correct to the best of my knowledge. ..... waiver order is set by order of finish from the previous yr and will only change IF a player is added via waivers. That is unless a waiver order trade is made.

Thx

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Bandit

The waiver order was originally set to reverse order of the draft and yes it will only change it you make a move. The draft will not effect the waiver order since moves can be made all year.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
got a deal done with 'The Others' - was starting to worry that any deal would force me to move Hopkins or Henry, 2 guys I really don't want to move.

I send Mark Ingram and my 2018 1st rounder (rd1pk7), get Mike Thomas from Fout N Fout

definitely didn't view WR as a position of need, but figured I couldn't pass up big Mike at this price.

Odell - Hopkins - Thomas, like that grouping A LOT

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
got a deal done with 'The Others' - was starting to worry that any deal would force me to move Hopkins or Henry, 2 guys I really don't want to move.

I send Mark Ingram and my 2018 1st rounder (rd1pk7), get Mike Thomas from Fout N Fout

definitely didn't view WR as a position of need, but figured I couldn't pass up big Mike at this price.

Ya

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nice crop - I tried to work something with him but wasn't willing to go that high. ... at least not at this point.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice crop - I tried to work something with him but wasn't willing to go that high. ... at least not at this point.

I just couldn't get excited about what I'm perceiving will be available at pick 7 versus having Thomas.

draft could change that tune in a hurry, but Ingram's value is more than likely at its peak, imo.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah just what you need, another fucking wide receiver. LOL.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dammit...trade action happening on D1, D2, and Bandit...none of which involve me...I'm getting itchy

Yes this is a broken record, cut n paste repeat...I'm real itchy

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dammit...trade action happening on D1, D2, and Bandit...none of which involve me...I'm getting itchy

Right there with you. I go in there every day and go to the trade page and put in 10 different trades with people and then never send them, because I just can't figure out what people want. I'm still interested in Jamaal Williams, just let me know if you see something that isn't the 1.5 for me to give up. I just can't give that pick up and miss the chance of drafting one the top 5 running backs this year.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Right there with you. I go in there every day and go to the trade page and put in 10 different trades with people and then never send them, because I just can't figure out what people want. I'm still interested in Jamaal Williams, just let me know if you see something that isn't the 1.5 for me to give up. I just can't give that pick up and miss the chance of drafting one the top 5 running backs this year.

I'm right there with you guys - - got the itch and have it bad. .... just so many iffy guys right now. Just about every morning I come in, put something together and then delete it. .......

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, KOTW finally declined my mega offer for 1.1, which included Williams, so I might be a bit more flexible on him. Will take another look

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, KOTW finally declined my mega offer for 1.1, which included Williams, so I might be a bit more flexible on him. Will take another look

Well at least we have something in common. Got both of my offers to him denied too. LOL. He finally paid on Wednesday, so everybody is officially paid for next year.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well not sure what yours looked like, I felt good about mine, but definitely can't blame him even a little bit, I wouldn't want move that pick either

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well at least we have something in common. Got both of my offers to him denied too. LOL. He finally paid on Wednesday, so everybody is officially paid for next year.

After seeing what folks want in other leagues for the 1st - I didn't even consider making him an offer. But great that everyone is in !!!!

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hearing about these offers, makes me want to take a shot. I'm sure there is no shot, but doesn't hurt to try.