• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Bandit Dynasty League Thread

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw them both as #2's also, that's why I was curious. I wasn't thinking you were wrong, it's just as you know we all value guys differently so I wasn't sure which of those guys you valued more than the other.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw them both as #2's also, that's why I was curious. I wasn't thinking you were wrong, it's just as you know we all value guys differently so I wasn't sure which of those guys you valued more than the other.
Well at this point in time, McAffrey is quite a bit ahead in value, to me. The likelihood of JStew getting shown the door really ups the ante, although I'm sure someone will be brought in, doubtful they'll take all of his touches though. However, should Drake survive free agency and the draft with an obvious hold on the job, that could change

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Update on the Lefty and Harold trade. I'm sure it looks kind of funny for us to trade Tate back to me so figured I'd offer an explanation. We were still semi negotiating via pm and I had offered Thompson in-place of Tate (since Harold really doesn't feel the love for him), but he didn't get that message prior to accepting the original offer. I thought it was only fair to keep my word. So, in the end the trade was:
Lefty sends Russell Wilson, Chris Thompson and Kendall Wright for Harold's Davante Adams, Dak Prescott and De'Angelo Henderson.

Truly a pleasure doing business with you Harold (and thanks for understanding my obsession with even numbers). .....
:suds:

Last edited by a moderator:

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We gotta get that other half fired up on the trade front...

Yea, I didn't even go there (yet), but those who have never done dynasty don't realize its a year round thing !!!!

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We gotta get that other half fired up on the trade front...
Be nice if they got more pro active, but I got the feeling they most likely haven't considered making any moves yet.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, I didn't even go there (yet), but those who have never done dynasty don't realize its a year round thing !!!!

Be nice if they got more pro active, but I got the feeling they most likely haven't considered making any moves yet.
Was more intended as a "in general, now, preseason, in season, everything", not necessarily right now, statement. And it wasn't meant to sound negative, in case it did. Was more in the vein of " this would be that much better if all of us were batting around offers every now and again.

Not sure it reads that way..but regardless, wasn't trying to present it negatively.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've received offers from the other half, just not looking to move Hopkins or Henry unless I'm blown away by the offer.

Kinda thought these Clemson folk would be more willing to pay a higher price for Hop, I guess they don't realize I'm just as interested in what he can do with Watson as they are.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was more intended as a "in general, now, preseason, in season, everything", not necessarily right now, statement. And it wasn't meant to sound negative, in case it did. Was more in the vein of " this would be that much better if all of us were batting around offers every now and again.

Not sure it reads that way..but regardless, wasn't trying to present it negatively.

Well speaking for myself, I find myself ready to make some additional moves after making a couple of trades I didn't see happening. In dynasty I find that most of my trades happen before the season starts. Guess mostly it's the fact that I want to have some communication with them to feel out their thoughts on a trade and I wish they payed a bit more attention to communication on fantrax...since they don't post here.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've received offers from the other half, just not looking to move Hopkins or Henry unless I'm blown away by the offer.

Kinda thought these Clemson folk would be more willing to pay a higher price for Hop, I guess they don't realize I'm just as interested in what he can do with Watson as they are.
Maybe you need a Clemson guy to even get an offer?

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe you need a Clemson guy to even get an offer?

Don't think this fan has the fire power, from what I've seen, to even make an offer I could live with. ....

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well. I know I was targeting Watson HARD in out initial draft, for that exact reason..someone would pay dearly for him, but the ship sailed one round before I was ready.

Now, I'm praying Mahomes to Tyreek is everything I Invision it to be

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Okay now I did send Leveon Bell as part of a Hopkins trade offer. It doesn't get any higher priced than that. I just think you were higher on your running back involved than the other wide receiver I involved.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well speaking for myself, I find myself ready to make some additional moves after making a couple of trades I didn't see happening. In dynasty I find that most of my trades happen before the season starts. Guess mostly it's the fact that I want to have some communication with them to feel out their thoughts on a trade and I wish they payed a bit more attention to communication on fantrax...since they don't post here.

If it is really something that you want to get looked at, you are much better off sending a text. I've talked to everybody about it. Normally the owner of Fout-n-Fout (J.D.) would be a lot more active, but he's got a newborn which has eaten into his fantasy football time a lot. It also doesn't help that he's not able to access anything at work anymore. The owner of The Fighting Irish (Tim) is still trying to get a handle on all this dynasty stuff, so he's scared to do any trades because he thinks that he might do something stupid. The owner of Roll Tide (A.J.) is a handyman and he works about 65-70 hours a week and he has a 6 year old that plays Little League and he coaches, so getting him to do something this time of year is probably not going to happen. The owner of King of the World (Dan) I sent a text to the other day to tell him I sent him a trade offer and he also got a lot of other offers for his #1 pick and he said that he's been really busy at work but he would pay this weekend and he can't view anything until he pays. The owner of the Wrecking Crew (Doug) really likes his team and he's not really sure how he can improve it right now, so he's probably not going to be making any moves. The owner of Clemson (Scott) will certainly respond to trades made and he's always willing to talk to everybody about trades via text. He has been doing a lot of traveling right now, but when I text him he always responds quickly. No matter what, they aren't going to be as active as the six of us (me, Lefty, Harold, Treff, Monkey, Fuzzy).

On a different note, it's really hard this time of year to trade some guys because they are going to be free agents and you have no idea what's going to happen with them so it's impossible to value them. I go into the league page and look at roster charts every day and just can't figure out what to send out a lot of times.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it is really something that you want to get looked at, you are much better off sending a text. I've talked to everybody about it. Normally the owner of Fout-n-Fout (J.D.) would be a lot more active, but he's got a newborn which has eaten into his fantasy football time a lot. It also doesn't help that he's not able to access anything at work anymore. The owner of The Fighting Irish (Tim) is still trying to get a handle on all this dynasty stuff, so he's scared to do any trades because he thinks that he might do something stupid. The owner of Roll Tide (A.J.) is a handyman and he works about 65-70 hours a week and he has a 6 year old that plays Little League and he coaches, so getting him to do something this time of year is probably not going to happen. The owner of King of the World (Dan) I sent a text to the other day to tell him I sent him a trade offer and he also got a lot of other offers for his #1 pick and he said that he's been really busy at work but he would pay this weekend and he can't view anything until he pays. The owner of the Wrecking Crew (Doug) really likes his team and he's not really sure how he can improve it right now, so he's probably not going to be making any moves. The owner of Clemson (Scott) will certainly respond to trades made and he's always willing to talk to everybody about trades via text. He has been doing a lot of traveling right now, but when I text him he always responds quickly. No matter what, they aren't going to be as active as the six of us (me, Lefty, Harold, Treff, Monkey, Fuzzy).

On a different note, it's really hard this time of year to trade some guys because they are going to be free agents and you have no idea what's going to happen with them so it's impossible to value them. I go into the league page and look at roster charts every day and just can't figure out what to send out a lot of times.
Geesh, where's the priorities for these guys? Kids? Work? Pfft..come on! ;)

Well, I'll keep chipping away at em, we'll get em to come around

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure what I could do at this point to improve my team by trade. I have decent starters but lack depth. My main area of strength is at IDP. I may need to wait until near the draft to find something I like.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure what I could do at this point to improve my team by trade. I have decent starters but lack depth. My main area of strength is at IDP. I may need to wait until near the draft to find something I like.

Yeah I think that's a common theme Fuzz. I look at all the rosters and I don't see a dominant one or a weak one. I really like Monkey's roster the most because it's hard to beat Beckham and Hopkins at WR. That's a monster combination. I think A.J. of Roll Tide probably has the weakest overall team, but he has Carson Wentz, Antonio Brown, and Zach Ertz and that really was enough to win some weeks last year. So much is going to depend on what happens with these running backs that are free agents, where they sign, or guys that are getting older or what direction the team wants to go. Guys like Isaiah Crowell (free agent), Orleans Darkwa (will the Giants try and improve on him and Gallman), Kenneth Dixon (will the Ravens give him another shot or will it go to Alex Collins or Danny Woodhead), will the Jets cut Matt Forte and be happy with just Bilal Powell and Elijah McGuire, what will the Packers do with a healthy Ty Montgomery, Jamaal Williams, and Aaron Jones, and that's just my freaking team. Not to mention what the hell are they going to do in places like Houston (Lamar Miller, Alfred Blue, D'onta Foreman), Tennessee (do they keep Demarco Murray?), Detroit (I'm not even guessing which guy there), Seattle (too many to list), Philadelphia (even more than Seattle), Marshawn Lynch is a terrible fit for a Jon Gruden offense, but will he figure out a way to make that work or go with one of the younger guys? Washington has question marks (Robert Kelley, Samaje Perine, Chris Thompson), Denver gave C.J. Anderson the job at the end of the year and now they are shopping him, so does that mean they give the job to Devontae Booker or Deangelo Henderson, or draft or trade for somebody else. Miami, Tampa Bay, the list goes on. There seriously are a ton more running backs with question marks than there are guys that you know is going on with. That what makes it so freaking hard when looking at rosters this time of year, because you could trade for somebody that loses their job before the season starts.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay now I did send Leveon Bell as part of a Hopkins trade offer. It doesn't get any higher priced than that. I just think you were higher on your running back involved than the other wide receiver I involved.

I wasnt including you or lefty in the 'other half'

And I chickened out with bell's status still up in the air.

Fully agree I'm higher on DHenry than most, which is why i took him over most the rookie RBs in initial draft. Demarco just took longer than I thought to fully break down last yr, but knew it was a longer play vs payout in yr1

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the combine is what? Next week? Free agency shortly after, the draft not long after that...sparks will fly soon