• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The B1G being run by no testicle hypocrites ?

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
probably shouldn't be playing the FCS, but I don't mind if its someone fairly local, help out a team in the area, we just played Tennessee St who are right here in Nashville, last year we had Austin Peay just up the road, but (no offense Oregon but it was the first one that popped into my head) Oregon schedules Tennessee Tech I think I'd draw the line there if i wasn't going to go away from playing them at all

That's my opinion, as well. I don't mind South Carolina (or Clemson) playing those double-A in-state schools. It's just unfortunate when you eventually lose one, so...caveat emptor.

I'm not about to give any other program shit for doing the same thing. Life is already hard enough without making it harder.

VU63

Almost Charmingly Insane
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,379.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's my opinion, as well. I don't mind South Carolina (or Clemson) playing those double-A in-state schools. It's just unfortunate when you eventually lose one, so...caveat emptor.

I'm not about to give any other program shit for doing the same thing. Life is already hard enough without making it harder.
isn't there some kind of rule or whatever that they HAVE to schedule one of them?

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
isn't there some kind of rule or whatever that they HAVE to schedule one of them?

Not certain but it wouldn't surprise me. Keep money flowing to other in-state institutions. But some of them (like Furman) are private.

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw this thread. In before OP gets massacred.

Fuck! A day late!

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not certain but it wouldn't surprise me. Keep money flowing to other in-state institutions. But some of them (like Furman) are private.
FUck FUrman

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw this thread. In before OP gets massacred.

Fuck! A day late!

Now Oklahoma, here's an interesting state. How many D-1-AA schools do you even HAVE? I know you've got the three "big" schools and probably a bunch of DII or lower, but are there any FCS teams for you to schedule every year?

South Carolina is a small state, only about 4 Million total pop. We have the two D1 schools, Carolina and Clemson, then about a DOZEN FCS schools. It's too fuckin' much. The qualifying talent is spread around too thin.

If about half of those FCS schools didn't play football, or if there was only one FBS/1A school, then that school would kick serious ass.

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now Oklahoma, here's an interesting state. How many D-1-AA schools do you even HAVE? I know you've got the three "big" schools and probably a bunch of DII or lower, but are there any FCS teams for you to schedule every year?

South Carolina is a small state, only about 4 Million total pop. We have the two D1 schools, Carolina and Clemson, then about a DOZEN FCS schools. It's too fuckin' much. The qualifying talent is spread around too thin.

If about half of those FCS schools didn't play football, or if there was only one FBS/1A school, then that school would kick serious ass.
I know Winthrop is a all girls school, but man would I love to see South Carolina play them one year. Would probably be a pick Em game for Vegas. :D

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know Winthrop is a all girls school, but man would I love to see South Carolina play them one year. Would probably be a pick Em game for Vegas. :D

Grrrrr....

It's actually co-ed. They have a pretty good basketball team.

Several of the FCS schools in SC are really talented. They're usually good for at least one team in the playoffs, sometimes two. Got two in the top ten FCS rankings right now (#7 Citadel, #9 Charleston Southern)

They couldn't hang with a full schedule of P5, obviously...but again, schedule them at your own risk.

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grrrrr....

It's actually co-ed. They have a pretty good basketball team.

Several of the FCS schools in SC are really talented. They're usually good for at least one team in the playoffs, sometimes two. Got two in the top ten FCS rankings right now (#7 Citadel, #9 Charleston Southern)

They couldn't hang with a full schedule of P5, obviously...but again, schedule them at your own risk.
Wow. :doh: ILived in SC for 5 years and honestly didn't know that. I guess you really do learn something new every 78 days.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. :doh: ILived in SC for 5 years and honestly didn't know that. I guess you really do learn something new every 78 days.

LOL...when were you there? It's been co-ed since the mid 70's. Were you at Fort Jackson?

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL...when were you there? It's been co-ed since the mid 70's. Were you at Fort Jackson?
North Charleston. Around 2000-2005ish. I even remember making fun of a few guys who picked up brochures at Winthrops table when all the schools came to our high school on college day. :L Some asshole trolled me bigtime i guess.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
North Charleston. Around 2000-2005ish. I even remember making fun of a few guys who picked up brochures at Winthrops table when all the schools came to our high school on college day. :L

Oh, right, we've had this discussion before. Summerville? Hanahan? Goose Creek?

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, right, we've had this discussion before. Summerville? Hanahan? Goose Creek?
Fort Dorchester. Guy who got torched by AJ Green even though I was several years older.