• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The All-22: How to beat the Seahawks

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always good to look at things from the other perspective.

The All-22: How to beat the Seahawks

There appear to be two versions of the Seattle Seahawks in the public consciousness. There is the juggernaut that has gone 18-3 in its last 21 regular-season games and is nearly unbeatable at home. That Seahawks team has one of the best young quarterbacks in Russell Wilson, a dominant running back in Marshawn Lynch and a defense that can shut down — nay, embarrass — any offense it faces.

Then, there’s the Seahawks team that has lost two of its last four games — both to excellent division opponents, and one was at home. The Arizona Cardinals’ 17-10 victory at CenturyLink Field provided a template to beat this Seahawks team, even in its own backyard — push Lynch off his axis after you’ve shredded his sub-par line, run Wilson to death after his pass protection erodes and outlast a defense increasingly staffed by backup cornerbacks.

As with most narratives, there’s truth to both sides of the story. The Seahawks are, by advanced metrics, the NFL’s best team — at least in the regular season — for the second straight year. Their point differential of +186 is second-best to Denver’s, and their defense is just as good as the stats imply. Perhaps even better given that those backup cornerbacks, like Byron Maxwell and Jeremy Lane, have jumped in and played like starters from the word “go.” And Wilson has thrown more touchdown passes in his first two seasons (52) than anyone not named Peyton Manning.

Rest at Link,,,How to beat Russell Wilson, Seattle Seahawks | Audibles - SI.com

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Wilson has thrown more touchdown passes in his first two seasons (52) than anyone not named Peyton Manning.

Wow, they forgot Dan Marino (68)....

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New Orleans Saints must adjust in rematch vs. Seattle Seahawks

The Seattle Seahawks have been considered a legitimate Super Bowl contender all season, but it was a resounding 34-7 win over the New Orleans Saints in Week 13 that prompted many to tout the team as the best in football. The Saints are unquestionably one of the most explosive offenses in the NFL, yet they were unable to muster much against a Seahawks defense that pummeled them at every turn in that highly anticipated "Monday Night Football" showdown one month ago.

While a single-game disaster occurs from time to time, the Seahawks' complete domination in that contest creates questions about whether the Saints have a fighting chance in Saturday's rematch at CenturyLink Field.

After studying the All-22 Coaches Film, I believe the Saints will need to pull a rabbit out of their hat to topple the NFC's bully on the block.

Here's what I discovered -- about the Saints' offense and Seahawks' defense -- during my film session:

Rest at link...New Orleans Saints must adjust in rematch vs. Seattle Seahawks - NFL.com

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I figured i would throw these here rather than Seahawk talk due to it being a playoff game.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought they made some good points. Had to disagree with saying our run D has been suspect. Its true that we allowed a couple of teams to run on us but overall we only allow about 101 yds per game. So that is decent. Also a ton of those rushing yards ( and a few points) came in garbage time of some games.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah i thought they both were pretty good The Cards and Rams showed that we can be run against with the right mix up and the Cards i can't remember that one D Linemen's name with the long arms caused absolute havoc on our line.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait yeah Campbell,that guy!

Good lord he tore us up.