• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The ACC Thread

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duke played very well against TAM today....I for sure didn't have duke scoring 48 on them anyways.

The cycle that geneh is talking about has begun already.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duke played very well against TAM today....I for sure didn't have duke scoring 48 on them anyways.

Still very top heavy....FSU, Clemson, and Duke....and that's it....Of course we forgot about the Cuse...LOL That said, if Florida and Kentucky were not playing BB, how many NC's go to the SEC over the past decade.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I just wished that Duke could have won that game. Oh well.

Still very top heavy....FSU, Clemson, and Duke....and that's it....Of course we forgot about the Cuse...LOL That said, if Florida and Kentucky were not playing BB, how many NC's go to the SEC over the past decade.

All I can say to that is that UNC won 6 out of our last 7. Hopefully we can carry that into next year and kick some ass. We'll see. Marquis Williams got the experience under his belt that he will need next year.

Wut happened?

Duke lost. Weren't you paying attention? :noidea:

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm trolling Clemson fans on Tigernet. This is fun. Those delusional bastards get upset over the slightest comment against Dabo or Clemson. Imagine their displeasure with me when I defended Spurrier a little bit ago.

:happy:

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm trolling Clemson fans on Tigernet. This is fun. Those delusional bastards get upset over the slightest comment against Dabo or Clemson. Imagine their displeasure with me when I defended Spurrier a little bit ago.

1st....I really like Spurrier. And 2nd it's always fun messin' with the meathead homers. I guess SC and Clemson are juz a lil too close to be buds....huh?

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good Luck Clemson and Florida State

By Andrea Adelson. I hate it when she is right.

After a miserable New Year's Eve, in which the ACC went 0-3, the bowl record for 2013 stands at 3-6. What's worse is the way everybody lost, most especially the teams in the biggest games.

Four of the six losses so far have been by double digits. Of the three wins, only one came against a power 5 conference team -- kudos to Syracuse for beating Minnesota in the Texas Bowl.
(A shameless plug) :nod:

So that brings us to the two BCS games. No. 12 Clemson takes on No. 7 Ohio State in the Discover Orange Bowl on Friday night; No. 1 Florida State plays No. 2 Auburn in the VIZIO BCS National Championship.

If both win, they will go a long way toward erasing the nightmare that has been the 2013 bowl season. The truth is, these two teams have been the highest ranked ACC teams all season, the two that people across the country associate with ACC success. Two big wins over two big programs -- and most especially a national championship -- will show the ACC does have an elite upper class.

Does the middle of the league have work to do? Absolutely. What was already known headed into bowl season has been made even clearer. But the ACC ultimately will not be judged by what happened between Boston College and Arizona in the AdvoCare V100 Bowl. It will be judged by what happens on the biggest stage.

That's why the ACC needs Clemson and Florida State to come through.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I'm sorry Duke lost too! They played a helluva game. I know I'm partial, but that was a very exciting game and fun to watch, drunk or sober. Good luck to the Tigers and Criminoles.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you're a conference homer, but this statement is just wrong.

Yeah, it does feel weird putting "Duke" and "deserved to win that bowl game" in the same sentence. But I think Cutcliffe is going to have Duke competitive for a long time to come.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You must be getting pretty dog gone bored to be trolling Clemson and promoting SC. :yahoo:

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By Andrea Adelson. I hate it when she is right.

After a miserable New Year's Eve, in which the ACC went 0-3, the bowl record for 2013 stands at 3-6. What's worse is the way everybody lost, most especially the teams in the biggest games.

Four of the six losses so far have been by double digits. Of the three wins, only one came against a power 5 conference team -- kudos to Syracuse for beating Minnesota in the Texas Bowl.
(A shameless plug) :nod:

So that brings us to the two BCS games. No. 12 Clemson takes on No. 7 Ohio State in the Discover Orange Bowl on Friday night; No. 1 Florida State plays No. 2 Auburn in the VIZIO BCS National Championship.

If both win, they will go a long way toward erasing the nightmare that has been the 2013 bowl season. The truth is, these two teams have been the highest ranked ACC teams all season, the two that people across the country associate with ACC success. Two big wins over two big programs -- and most especially a national championship -- will show the ACC does have an elite upper class.

Does the middle of the league have work to do? Absolutely. What was already known headed into bowl season has been made even clearer. But the ACC ultimately will not be judged by what happened between Boston College and Arizona in the AdvoCare V100 Bowl. It will be judged by what happens on the biggest stage.

That's why the ACC needs Clemson and Florida State to come through.

After you manhandle a Big Ten team in a bowl game it is okay to throw in a shameless plug. And how 'bout them Heels? (Another shameless plug) :nod:

I don't know if Clemson can beat tOSU, sure hope so.

I am convinced that FSU is going to take Auby out behind the woodshed. We'll see.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I'm sorry Duke lost too! They played a helluva game. I know I'm partial, but that was a very exciting game and fun to watch, drunk or sober. Good luck to the Tigers and Criminoles.

Yes, I enjoyed it tremendously until stinking TAM took the lead. Manziel ought to opt into the draft. He's too good for CFB. Kid throws the ball perfect every time. It's cheating, I tell you. :nod:

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it does feel weird putting "Duke" and "deserved to win that bowl game" in the same sentence. But I think Cutcliffe is going to have Duke competitive for a long time to come.

Oh, I agree and I'm glad to see it. But if UVA was ever in the same situation ( :pound: ), I know for a fact that I would never be cheering for them.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I agree and I'm glad to see it. But if UVA was ever in the same situation ( :pound: ), I know for a fact that I would never be cheering for them.

When they went to the Peach Bowl a few years ago I had thought they maybe had turned a corner. But then they got murdered in that game and it just was not to be.

Didn't UVA get killed in the Gator Bowl a few years ago as well?

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I smell a SHITLOAD of Jelly in this post. :yahoo: