• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The ACC Thread

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He also possibly is a guy who could have stayed one more year at Duke to work on his game. But he clearly was going to go pro over coming back...

Barring injury he will be better in the NBA than Giles

Hes a projected top 5 pick so great decision

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hes a projected top 5 pick so great decision

oh, trust me I know.. Just saying he could have stayed and tweaked his game a little more. But he wasn't going to from the start of the season

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would love for him to stay. It would certainly put Wake Forest into the Top 25 discussion. But rarely does a definite first round pick stay in school. And who can blame these kids for leaving early? That's what they go to school for in the first place. To learn a trade.

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Latest mock draft had him going 15th.

Yeah, that was draft express. NBADraft.net and SB Nation don't rate him as highly. Will be interesting to see what happens. He has my support, regardless of his decision.

I would love for him to stay. It would certainly put Wake Forest into the Top 25 discussion. But rarely does a definite first round pick stay in school. And who can blame these kids for leaving early? That's what they go to school for in the first place. To learn a trade.

Agreed. I always find it funny when grown men with jobs criticize these college kids for choosing money over the student-athlete life.

If Collins came back and the defense improved (to say a kenpom rating inside the Top 100), then Wake is clearly a Top 25 team. Probably closer to a Top 10 team, imo. However that would be quite the jump for the defense, but something that I think is attainable.

Really hard to get a read on Collins, though. Have no idea where he'll end up. Some sites project as high as 14-15, while others aren't as high on him. Rumor has it that he'll come back if he isn't guaranteed the lottery. Not sure how reliable the source is on that.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not worried at all. Shayok's PPG is misleading. He had 5 games of 2 points or less in February and March. His offense became too inconsistent.
Losing Shayok I think will make more of a difference than Reuter. It'll just mean more time for Salt is what I'm assuming. Reuter was pretty much non-existent the whole season. But yes, in the grand scheme of things, it's negligible losing those two.
We just need the two red shirts and the new guy coming in to step up and for someone to assume the leadership role on the floor. Nobody really assuming that role and stepping up when Perrantes was having a bad night worries me.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not worried at all. Shayok's PPG is misleading. He had 5 games of 2 points or less in February and March. His offense became too inconsistent.

Losing Shayok I think will make more of a difference than Reuter. It'll just mean more time for Salt is what I'm assuming. Reuter was pretty much non-existent the whole season. But yes, in the grand scheme of things, it's negligible losing those two.
We just need the two red shirts and the new guy coming in to step up and for someone to assume the leadership role on the floor. Nobody really assuming that role and stepping up when Perrantes was having a bad night worries me.

Any chance Michael Porter signs with UVA? Isn't Kyle Guy his best friend?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure why Bacon declared for the draft. He is likely to go in the 2nd round or undrafted. Stupid move. Hope he did not hire a agent

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, so if the absolute worst happens for Duke(losing Giles, Allen and Kennard) they would be losing a total of 7 guys, with Jeter transferring, Amile and Jones graduation and Tatum leaving for the draft. At this point they only have three guys signed to come in, depth could be a major issue next year. Or those 3 could come back and Duke would be a preseason top 5 team again. lol.