• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The #7 pick

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know who these people are Outlaw. They show up now to drop bits of whatever it is. The regulars are what matters. The rest, meh.

Cody5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure where you guys are getting this, don't let the haterade cloud your judgement.

:laugh3:

I'm not hating one bit. Props to the Lakers organization for having good success for so many years. I just can't wait to see the fans reaction and how everything goes down if they do have a drought for a few+ years. That is exactly what I think he was saying and I was saying. Most teams aren't always at the top and go through big droughts of being awful with not much hope, doubt many Lakers fans have had to go through that.

I've seen a countless # of posts (not exactly on this site), but a combination of forums act like the world is falling this past year, and were pissed when they didn't get a top pick in the lotto.

I just want to see some of these teams where fans have it so easy following constant contenders have to go through some dark times.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just hilarious that Lakers fans are bitching because they had the 6th best odds and got the 7th pick. Not everything is gonna be handed to you, sorry.

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think the wolves would trade Love for the 7th pick straight up. What would we need to throw in to sweeten the deal? A 2016 protected 1st as well?

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think the wolves would trade Love for the 7th pick straight up. What would we need to throw in to sweeten the deal? A 2016 protected 1st as well?

Probably a sign and trade of some sort.

I wish that Nash trade never happened cause now with no first round pick next year and how things are looking they are going to have a high lottery pick again only it will be in the Sun's grasp. That trade was fucking dumb when it happened and I hated it and now I hate it even more. Nash should just retire, but instead he will torment Lakers' fans for another year.

Looks like next season I will not get the NBATV package for the first time in about a decade. No point in watching them every game and having to pay for it.

I hope Jim Buss has a fatal accident with Nash and Stern. Maybe then the Lakers might have some chance to rebuild.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol @ all the Lakers fans. If you think anyone is gonna feel sorry for you, stop watching the NBA all together. God forbid you're gonna have to spend a few years rebuilding and not have star players handed to you, right?

It's just hilarious that Lakers fans are bitching because they had the 6th best odds and got the 7th pick. Not everything is gonna be handed to you, sorry.

No Lakers fan here want's anything given to us or for anyone to feel sorry for us. The only thing we are more upset about is Dumbtoni fucking us up in the draft, by winning the last games towards the end of the season.

Now if you don't have anything positive to add on here instead of trolling GTFO! or quit being repulsive.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:laugh3:

I'm not hating one bit. Props to the Lakers organization for having good success for so many years. I just can't wait to see the fans reaction and how everything goes down if they do have a drought for a few+ years. That is exactly what I think he was saying and I was saying. Most teams aren't always at the top and go through big droughts of being awful with not much hope, doubt many Lakers fans have had to go through that.

I've seen a countless # of posts (not exactly on this site), but a combination of forums act like the world is falling this past year, and were pissed when they didn't get a top pick in the lotto.

I just want to see some of these teams where fans have it so easy following constant contenders have to go through some dark times.[/QUOTE]

Get in line behind the rest of the people who hate the Lakers.

On a side note, any chance you guys think Exum could force his way to the Lakers?

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All we have to blame is the team. We should have never been in this position to start with.

And realistically, even the number 10 pick in this draft would have made the top 3 in last years draft so it's not like we're getting a useless player. We're probably getting a starter out of this.

Rumors have it they're looking at Vonleh Lakers Rumors: Lakers 'Really Like' Noah Vonleh With No. 7 Pick | Lakers Nation

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cody5 - You get a pass, you are new. This is a team board. There is a zero tolerance for trolling team boards at the SportsHoopla. Add something relevant to the conversation or you can be banned from the board of the team you are trolling.

clydecarbon - You have over 10,000 posts, yet I have never seen you on here and I'm a mod. This is your one and only warning.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cody5 - You get a pass, you are new. This is a team board. There is a zero tolerance for trolling team boards at the SportsHoopla. Add something relevant to the conversation or you can be banned from the board of the team you are trolling.

clydecarbon - You have over 10,000 posts, yet I have never seen you on here and I'm a mod. This is your one and only warning.

:thumb:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get in line behind the rest of the people who hate the Lakers.

On a side note, any chance you guys think Exum could force his way to the Lakers?

According to an article that I read this morning, there's a chance, but it's an outside chance based mainly on his desire to be a Laker and him having the same agent as Kobe. Seems that the theory is that his agent can put the word out to teams 1-6 to not draft him because he won't sign and will stay in Australia.

Personally, I'll be surprised if he does that, but it's not exactly unprecedented for a player to do that, particularly for the Lakers (Magic, Kobe).

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, this fucking blows. D'Antoni fucked things up with winning so much. Now the Lakers are stuck with some lame fuck when there are superstars to be had. i am pissed as hell with this outcome.

The Lakers will get someone who is lucky to play next year. Time to trade for Love.

The rebuilding is going to take forever now if they don't get Love.

Seriously?!? All season long, folks were on here bitching about D'Antoni and all of the losing and now he "won too much"?!?:laugh3:

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My predictions:

1 Wiggins
2 Parker
3 Embiid
4. Exum
5 Randle
6 Gordon
7 Vonleh

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm amazed at his wingspan, he definitely can be a force on the defensive end in the paint. Wich is something we desperately need. :nod:

Some say he probably has more of an upside than Julius Randle, only time will tell.

He's been described as a Chris Bosh type player. He would fill in excellent at the 4 spot which means we can let Pau go and use the money to find a SF on the free agent market.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't think any of us want things handed to us. I don't know where that came from and the attitude comes from but I think non-Lakers fans really hate the Lakers for all the years of winning.

Vonleh looks really good or Gordon. The Nash trade really is the one that has hamstrung us for awhile but Mitch put together a respectable roster with many decent players. I think it really is time to start moving towards an official rebuild and away from the notion to satisfy Kobe because we just don't have the resoruces to pull that off for a while and Kobe has already made it known that he is not going to be part of a rebuild.

I am thinking Charles Barkely's prognostication is becoming more correct. The Lakers are aging/old and they are entering that rebuild cycle just like the Celtics. And we are going to be in a done-turn for a number of years. I think the sooner we get on with rebuilding within what we have and protect what resources we have available, the sooner we will see a young team as the Lakers like Golden State or Portland, or even the Clippers.

Trying to repeat Dr. Buss's legacy is foolish. Kobe is right in that regard in that Jeannie and short buss need to come out from the shadows of their father and establish a direction for the team. Otherwise, we are going to keep reaching for the big deal and hoping things work out.

I think we have a good young group of players who like playing with each other, want to be Lakers, and many can shoot the lights out from the three stripe. Build on this. Sign these guys and get on with a rebuild and keep adding pieces until the thing begins to click. To do otherwise is just going to be a mess.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck it this is our Roster for next season. :lol:

STARTERS
PG FARMAR
SG KOBE
SF MELO
PF VONLEH
C GASOL

BENCH
PG NASH/MARSHALL
SG YOUNG/BAZEMORE/MEEKS
SF XAVIER
PF HILL/KELLY
C SACRE

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't expect to see a lot of guys on last years roster. The team will probably be pushing to get a decent SF. Deng is a good possibility and even though our chances of getting them are slim they'll be looking to talk to Lebron and Melo too.