• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 5 loses

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far the five teams Dallas has lost to are a combined 38-17

Denver 9 -2 AFCW Leader
KC 9-2 AFC Widlcard
San 5 - 6 (Tied with 5 other teams for the AFC 6th seed)
New Orleans 9 - 2 NFCS Leader
Detroit 6 - 5 NFCN Leader

Maybe were not quite as bad as some make us out to be. 3 of our loses came against division leaders. 1 came against an almost certain wildcard team, and our 5th lose came against a team that still has a good shot at the playoffs.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Way Too Many Doom and Gloom Fans bruh

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be the best you have to beat the best .....

A true fan doesnt go into a game hoping and praying you are playing a team without it's best players on the field .....

A Superbowl team beats that team with its best players on the field. You just hope they have a bad day ....

Two different things to me ....
I love Sundays ( and any other day of the week the Cowboys play ) I don't dred them .....
Some of these fuckers I dont get .... prolly never will

And I cuss my TV as much as anyone.... but I dont dred the coming game .... I look forward to it

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Silver lining thinking, but the Cowboys have to put together some wins, and you have to win those Lion/Charger games to be taken serious. Those were 2 games we should have won.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Silver lining thinking, but the Cowboys have to put together some wins, and you have to win those Lion/Charger games to be taken serious. Those were 2 games we should have won.

No one said we should not have won them but both teams are good.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:agree: It's one thing to get division wins in a bad division (i'm glad we won). Pete pointed it out though Losing to Denver and the Saints is to be expected, but if you wanna be take seriously you have to at least split with the Chargers and the Lions who are both mediocre teams like us. We have proven we can take out the trash. Our best win of the season to date is the Eagles. That's nothing to throw a parade for. It's time for the Cowboys to win against a good team. No doom and gloom here, but the fact remains we haven't' shown we can beat a solid team. We will get our chance to do so though because if the Bears or Packers get healthy we need to win one of those games. If Philly stays on pace that win looks more and more respectable. We are entering the home stretch can Romo silence the critics in December. My fingers are crossed go Cowboys. :yahoo:

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far the five teams Dallas has lost to are a combined 38-17

Denver 9 -2 AFCW Leader
KC 9-2 AFC Widlcard
San 5 - 6 (Tied with 5 other teams for the AFC 6th seed)
New Orleans 9 - 2 NFCS Leader
Detroit 6 - 5 NFCN Leader

Maybe were not quite as bad as some make us out to be. 3 of our loses came against division leaders. 1 came against an almost certain wildcard team, and our 5th lose came against a team that still has a good shot at the playoffs.

Had we lost to lesser teams I'd be more upset, but as is we lost to teams that we will likely meet in the first round of the playoffs, if we make it.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree: It's one thing to get division wins in a bad division (i'm glad we won). Pete pointed it out though Losing to Denver and the Saints is to be expected, but if you wanna be take seriously you have to at least split with the Chargers and the Lions who are both mediocre teams like us. We have proven we can take out the trash. Our best win of the season to date is the Eagles. That's nothing to throw a parade for. It's time for the Cowboys to win against a good team. No doom and gloom here, but the fact remains we haven't' shown we can beat a solid team. We will get our chance to do so though because if the Bears or Packers get healthy we need to win .one of those games. If Philly stays on pace that win looks more and more respectable. We are entering the home stretch can Romo silence the critics in December. My fingers are crossed go Cowboys. :yahoo:

You really think Detroit and San Diego are mediocre? They are not great teams but they are above average period. They are both in a group of about 10 teams after the top 3 or 5.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a little confused on the point Manster. Yes, we have lost to some good teams, but don't you have to also beat good teams to make the playoffs or at least be considered a good team? We have beaten one team with a winning record (Philly) and I'm not so sure they could be considered a good team. We are average until proven otherwise. Maybe this last win and getting Lee back in the next couple of weeks catapults us up to the next level, but we actually need to beat some good teams if we want to be considered a good team IMO.

I think if we start playing a little better and get back the guys that aren't out for the year we have a good shot to both make the playoffs and even winning a game.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really think Detroit and San Diego are mediocre? They are not great teams but they are above average period. They are both in a group of about 10 teams after the top 3 or 5.

I would say they are both pretty average teams. SD is under .500 and Detroit would be also if we beat them. I'm not anywhere near as high on KC as most are to be honest, but just going by record SD beats KC and loses to Hou, Oak and Wash. Det, like us hasn't beaten anyone with more than 6 wins.

Mrhappi06

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I dont think either are all that great. san Diego is 5-6 and Detroit could very easily miss the playoffs. They are almost just like us. We need to win these games.

Mrhappi06

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
or just what jarntt said. lol

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point it Dallas hasn't lost to a team they are clearly better than. They have beaten the team the SHOULD definitely beat. Yes on paper they are equal to San Diego and Detroit but if anyone here want to say Dallas should have beaten them no questions asked you are full of shit. Plus both Detroit and San Diego games were on the road.

Mrhappi06

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Tampa can beat Detroit in detroit, we should have been able to. Just one dudes opinion.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
shoulda beaten Denver

dallas will do alright if they get in and host a playoff game

I actually think 10 wins is still a big possibility...but then again

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say they are both pretty average teams. SD is under .500 and Detroit would be also if we beat them. I'm not anywhere near as high on KC as most are to be honest, but just going by record SD beats KC and loses to Hou, Oak and Wash. Det, like us hasn't beaten anyone with more than 6 wins.

Maybe the point some of you are missing is that 2013 will be seen as the Jekyll & Hyde year in the NFL.
Teams look great 1 week and then get creamed by nobody's the next.

You all keep saying the Cowboys are a .500 team. And your are right. But you are not looking at the broader picture of what is going on in the league.

I'm sure you will all have a field day with this statement ... but maybe .500 is the new .700.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should have beaten detroit,denver and kc. Cowboys have way too much talent on offense to not be scoring more points

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the point some of you are missing is that 2013 will be seen as the Jekyll & Hyde year in the NFL.
Teams look great 1 week and then get creamed by nobody's the next.

You all keep saying the Cowboys are a .500 team. And your are right. But you are not looking at the broader picture of what is going on in the league.

I'm sure you will all have a field day with this statement ... but maybe .500 is the new .700.

What exactly is the broader picture? Parity? It's been like that for years.
.500 is what it has always been - Average...and SD has been the that way even more than us for a while. Remember the year they were leading the league in Total Offense AND Total Defense and were under .500?

When the Giants and Balt can sneak up on you and win the whole darn thing it pretty much tells you that it has been this way for a while. Still not sure what that has to do with the discussion that we aren't anything special and the fact that we haven't beat a good team yet.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What exactly is the broader picture? Parity? It's been like that for years.
.500 is what it has always been - Average...and SD has been the that way even more than us for a while. Remember the year they were leading the league in Total Offense AND Total Defense and were under .500?

When the Giants and Balt can sneak up on you and win the whole darn thing it pretty much tells you that it has been this way for a while. Still not sure what that has to do with the discussion that we aren't anything special and the fact that we haven't beat a good team yet.

The next thing you will be telling us is that their is no Santa Claus.