• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2023-2024 NBA Season

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don’t get why you strongly disagree. It rarely happens and takes little time to review the time and hand signal by coach.

It’s an easy fix. Anything that can improve the game is a good fix. How often has this happened in the last 10 years? I actually can’t remember one so just add it in case and move on. Not a big deal

A lot to it.

I have always hated the bail out timeouts.

Team plays great D, forces the player into a bad spot, I just don’t like the coach jumping in a calling TO. At the NBA level I don’t think coaches should be allowed to call timeouts. That is just my opinion there.

Not to mention, the NBA has a coaches box and Billups was well outside it to get the ref’s attention.

Beyond all that, you are opening a huge can of worms if we start getting into a TO request being reviewable. Does he have to signal it or can he just say it? Do we need to review audio now too?

The current rule is just fine. This is not the same as a missed foul call or an incorrect OB ruling. Brogdon was in a terrible position because he made a bad play.

I don’t view the Blazers as victims here. They made plenty of mistakes in that sequence of events.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot to it.

Team plays great D, forces the player into a bad spot, I just don’t like the coach jumping in a calling TO. At the NBA level I don’t think coaches should be allowed to call timeouts. That is just my opinion there.

Not to mention, the NBA has a coaches box and Billups was well outside it to get the ref’s attention.

Beyond all that, you are opening a huge can of worms if we start getting into a TO request being reviewable. Does he have to signal it or can he just say it? Do we need to review audio now too?

The current rule is just fine. This is not the same as a missed foul call or an incorrect OB ruling. Brogdon was in a terrible position because he made a bad play.

I don’t view the Blazers as victims here. They made plenty of mistakes in that sequence of events.

Agree on coaches calling timeouts (I’d drop that all the way down to hs)

Disagree on the rest

But I do agree that we’d need a universal determination of what would constitute calling a time out

Would they need to do the hand signal? I think there would need to be a specific thing done. But it was a bad miss

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Siakam with his best game as a Pacer so far 26/13/10

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One extended losing streak can turn your season upside down

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami is such a shady team...

You see them in the regular season... and a lot of the time... they look mediocre.

Like last night... and then tonight... embarrassing themselves on their home floor.

But you know they are just dogging it... and they can and will flip the switch come playoff time.

It shouldn't be that easy to flip the switch, though... it ain't right. :tsk:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot to it.

So a team is aligned the wrong way or an offense calls a play that confuses the defense, the coach can’t call a TO? It’s all strategy in every sport. If you save TO’s then the reward is you can use it if you are in a pickle. If you want to reward great defense, never give teams TO’s in general lol

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami is such a shady team...

You see them in the regular season... and a lot of the time... they look mediocre.

Like last night... and then tonight... embarrassing themselves on their home floor.

But you know they are just dogging it... and they can and will flip the switch come playoff time.

It shouldn't be that easy to flip the switch, though... it ain't right. :tsk:
They were playing well before this streak looking like they could hit 50 wins with a good 2nd half. I don’t know what’s been going on the last 5 games besides the rook being out

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bridges had a chance to tie the Twolves with 2.4 left and missed a free throw

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's likely why the Lakers discussions have remained internal. I'm sure Young and Mitchell aren't the only names they discussed. It's likely that those discussions are ongoing.

They are in an interesting spot. On the one hand, they could complete the Murray trade which should immediately improve the team and increase their title chances. He's also young enough to keep around for a retool if Lebron ever retires.

On the other hand, they could stand pat or just look for buyout market help, then go into the off-season able to put together a package for a top player who can help them next season and still be paired with AD after Lebron retires (although, the way he's going, there are rookies who will retire before he does lol).
Discussions like that should always be ongoing in any front office. Leaking them gives them credence they don't deserve.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
something about how he moves at times...I can't recall being more concerned a player would get injured just watching them.
He somehow seems like the most heavy footed player in the league, then still gets by everyone and gets his shot off without issue. It's all an illusion, lol. The Matrix is real.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But I do agree that we’d need a universal determination of what would constitute calling a time out

Would they need to do the hand signal? I think there would need to be a specific thing done. But it was a bad miss

To what end though? How can a coach at the other end of the court ever call a TO if confined to the coaches box and limited to making a signal to refs that are looking at the play on the other end of the court?

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To what end though? How can a coach at the other end of the court ever call a TO if confined to the coaches box and limited to making a signal to refs that are looking at the play on the other end of the court?

Seems like a good reason to not have coaches call timeouts and only allow players to

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like a good reason to not have coaches call timeouts and only allow players to

Yeah, don't see that ever happening. That would complicate the challenge process too. I would be all for it with the Lakers, since Ham is saving his time outs for a rainy day.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are arguments for that during live play

Picklerick 2.0

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So a team is aligned the wrong way or an offense calls a play that confuses the defense, the coach can’t call a TO? It’s all strategy in every sport. If you save TO’s then the reward is you can use it if you are in a pickle. If you want to reward great defense, never give teams TO’s in general lol
Don't bring me into this motherfucker.