• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2023-2024 NBA Season

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yo that’s crazy, Joker is the 5th best defensive rated player this year, that must mean Embiid is number one according to your logic.

Never mind that Jokic in 24 is a better rated defenseman than Embiid was last season. This season Embiid would be number one in offense and defense according to you all.
Yeah I can see a lot of sides in this argument, but I am going to question anything that shows something as ridiculous as Jokic being the 5th best defender. That is laughable at best.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yo that’s crazy, Joker is the 5th best defensive rated player this year, that must mean Embiid is number one according to your logic.

Never mind that Jokic in 24 is a better rated defenseman than Embiid was last season. This season Embiid would be number one in offense and defense according to you all.
Bwahahaha! If there’s a metric that has Jokic as a top 5 defender in the league then it’s the metric that’s broken. This is exactly what I mean when I said last night you have a low sports IQ. People like you need statistics to tell you what you’re watching. At the same time, I want to congratulate a musical theater kid for giving the effort in trying to fit in and have sports ball conversations.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I can see a lot of sides in this argument, but I am going to question anything that shows something as ridiculous as Jokic being the 5th best defender. That is laughable at best.
He said Jokic is a better “defenseman”. If you’re patient with the conversation eventually Jokic is going to hit a stand up triple for a birdie and spike the ball in the end zone.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bwahahaha! If there’s a metric that has Jokic as a top 5 defender in the league then it’s the metric that’s broken. This is exactly what I mean when I said last night you have a low sports IQ. People like you need statistics to tell you what you’re watching. At the same time, I want to congratulate a musical theater kid for giving the effort in trying to fit in and have sports ball conversations.

Well I’m sorry your feelings don’t line up with what the NBA uses.

Have you talked to the commissioner about maybe getting your feelings added to the importance of one of the categories measured?

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He said Jokic is a better “defenseman”. If you’re patient with the conversation eventually Jokic is going to hit a stand up triple for a birdie and spike the ball in the end zone.
I thought maybe his hockey skills were part of the equation. Might as well be.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is how it’s measured

The formula is: Defensive Player Rating = (Players Steals*Blocks) + Opponents Differential= 1/5 of possessions - Times blown by + Deflections * OAPDW( Official Adjusted Players Defensive Withstand).

Jokic has gotten better this season at what people called his biggest flaw but I guess some people because they don’t feel like he’s any good, that means he isn’t.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I’m sorry your feelings don’t line up with what the NBA uses.

Have you talked to the commissioner about maybe getting your feelings added to the importance of one of the categories measured?
No, you have the best method possible. Let this guy determine what is valuable in basketball. It makes a ton of sense. Go sing your Show Tunes, Nancy.
IMG_4182.jpeg

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The formula is: Defensive Player Rating = (Players Steals*Blocks) + Opponents Differential= 1/5 of possessions - Times blown by + Deflections * OAPDW( Official Adjusted Players Defensive Withstand).

Jokic has gotten better this season at what people called his biggest flaw but I guess some people because they don’t feel like he’s any good, that means he isn’t.
Stats like that are invented with the sole purpose of trying to tell people they aren’t smart enough to know what their eyes are telling them.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, you have the best method possible. Let this guy determine what is valuable in basketball. It makes a ton of sense. Go sing your Show Tunes, Nancy.
View attachment 358469

Actually, what’s valued in basketball is MVPs and rings which Joker has two likely going on three of for the former and 1 maybe more of the latter.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You’re getting mocked because you don’t know sports and you respond by showing a math formula. Did you even play sports, Dear Evan Hanson?

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stats like that are invented with the sole purpose of trying to tell people they aren’t smart enough to know what their eyes are telling them.
Yet the NBA uses them as a measuring stick for what they consider good.

Yet some people because they don’t feel like Jokic is a good defender in their heart that somehow means he isn’t.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, what’s valued in basketball is MVPs and rings which Joker has two likely going on three of for the former and 1 maybe more of the latter.
You think the Nuggets are gonna catch 3 play in teams again?

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You’re getting mocked because you don’t know sports and you respond by showing a math formula. Did you even play sports, Dear Evan Hanson?

I’m doing nothing different than what the NBA does, not my fault you’re getting in your feelings because your heart doesn’t tell you the Jokic is actually good on defense

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet the NBA uses them as a measuring stick for what they consider good.

Yet some people because they don’t feel like Jokic is a good defender in their heart that somehow means he isn’t.
He isn’t a good defender.

Period.

He’s sub par

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m doing nothing different than what the NBA does, not my fault you’re getting in your feelings because your heart doesn’t tell you the Jokic is actually good on defense
So you never played sports.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*The sport athletes are apart of* - this is how we measure good and bad in our sport

The guy sitting on his couch eating Cheetos - Naw that ain’t right