• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The #17 pick got real interesting

SkinFaninATL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all know that we were not going to go into another season with Will Compton, as a starting ILB. Our ILB core was abysmal, last year. Of course, so was our DL. Now, we just signed a sideline to sideline guy in Zach Brown, who always had potential, but totally broke out, last year. With that being said, the possibility of the FO drafting an ILB ala Reuben Foster, Zack Cunningham, etc. Now, since Brown has filled the need, who will they look at now? Could it be a RB? Dalvin Cook fits what the offense does. If Leonard Fournette fell to #17, that would be intriguing. I'd say that for Joe Mixon, as well. Could we get another pass-rusher? Solomon Thomas of Stanford or Derek Barnett from Tennessee is a very intriguing option. However, money has been invested in Terrell McClain, Stacy McGee, and the re-signing of Ziggy Hood. Su'a Cravens is moving to SS and D.J. Swearinger is the new FS. No need for a safety. Lots of talent and youth, there. Perhaps, go for another guard, such as Forrest Lamp. In the end, I believe the FO is going to draft a RB at that position. Who that might be, will be interesting. I'm biased, but I'll take Dalvin Cook. I actually like Joe Mixon better than Leonard Fournette. He's more of an I-back.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we can get Hooker or Thomas that'd be ideal. I doubt they'll be there though. Foster would still be nice, I really like him. Any of them are better than Fournette or Cook at 17. If one of them falls to our second round pick then I could be talked into it.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we can get Hooker or Thomas that'd be ideal. I doubt they'll be there though. Foster would still be nice, I really like him. Any of them are better than Fournette or Cook at 17. If one of them falls to our second round pick then I could be talked into it.

Dude, you going to be mad as fuck if we take a RB at 17 huh??

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Fournette somehow fall I would draft him but Cook and McCaffrey are not worth the 17th pick

Not a Florida State fan by any means. But being in the local market I have watched Cook play for the last two years..

You are dead fucking wrong on this kid. Let a defense drop seven or eight in coverage and hand him the ball... he will make them pay for it. He could be the every down back we have been searching for.

SkinFaninATL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a Florida State fan by any means. But being in the local market I have watched Cook play for the last two years..

You are dead fucking wrong on this kid. Let a defense drop seven or eight in coverage and hand him the ball... he will make them pay for it. He could be the every down back we have been searching for.

I am a FSU fan, which makes me biased. However, due to that fact, I have seen Cook play a ton. He is an every down back. He does, everything. Don't get me started with that speed. Smh Last year, I will never forget how he ripped on Clemson for 169 yards and 4TDs on 19 carries. I'll have absolutely no problem, if we drafted him with that pick.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am a FSU fan, which makes me biased. However, due to that fact, I have seen Cook play a ton. He is an every down back. He does, everything. Don't get me started with that speed. Smh Last year, I will never forget how he ripped on Clemson for 169 yards and 4TDs on 19 carries. I'll have absolutely no problem, if we drafted him with that pick.

I would actually be some what stoked if we took Cook at 17. The only reason I think he MIGHT still be there is the off field issues.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, you going to be mad as fuck if we take a RB at 17 huh??

Lol. I wont be ecstatic thats for sure. I mean hes interesting as a prospect at least. Ive watched a lot of film on him (not that Im a pro scout obviously) and hes damn impressive. BUT - he tested as a 9th percentile athlete the combine. 9th! And I get it. The combine isnt everything. Hes athletic on tape. But that was baaaad. It HAS to be at least a minor red flag. Then on top of that there seem to be a lot of character concerns. And again - there are counterarguments. Some of the events happened when he was basically a kid. Some charges were dropped. But when scouts are saying this like "Start by getting him the F out of Florida" in response to his best landing spot and "I trust Joe Mixon a lot more than him" you may have a problem. It again has to at least be a minor red flag.

And then heres the kicker. Are you ready...

Hes a...

Runningback! So yea Im not a huge fan of him at 17.

But I will give you this - the idea of him in our offense is exciting.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i still like reddick at 17 even with todays signing but RB pick can be extremely justified

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i still like reddick at 17 even with todays signing but RB pick can be extremely justified

I agree with Reddick is there, you have to take him at 17. I do feel better going into this draft that I have in a while. LG needs to be addressed early as well as NT. I want a high pick for the DLine for a change.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lamp could be on the table at LG too

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lamp could be on the table at LG too
I honestly believe that we will get a LG, RB, NT and LB in the first 4 rounds. If we get a RB in the first 2 rounds, he will start or split even carries with Kelly. If we geta NT in the first 3 rounds they will probably start as well.

Lamp would start out of the gate I feel. Our OLine would be sick. Throw Mixon behind that line and we will have a top 10 running game. Kelly and Mixon would be studs.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly believe that we will get a LG, RB, NT and LB in the first 4 rounds. If we get a RB in the first 2 rounds, he will start or split even carries with Kelly. If we geta NT in the first 3 rounds they will probably start as well.

Lamp would start out of the gate I feel. Our OLine would be sick. Throw Mixon behind that line and we will have a top 10 running game. Kelly and Mixon would be studs.

The problem with Mixon and Cook is this....

Cook wont last past pick 24, Mixon wont last until pick 49. Shit with all the hype around him, McCaffery might not be there at pick 49. So if we are going to get one of the prime RBs in this draft its either

1. Pick one at 17
2. Trade back no later than 20 and take one there.
3. Trade up in the second round.

UNless some one really has a love jones for Donta Foreman at 49, or Samaje Perine later in the draft. If we are going to get a true difference maker RB, its almost going to have to happen in the 1st round.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are any of the top 3 RBs, better than Derrick Henry? I am much more impressed with Henry than I have been with Fournette. Henry went 45 to Tennessee last season.

I will stick with what I said. Mixon is the best of this bunch. McCaffrey will be 2nd best. Fournette and Cook will be disappointments.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are any of the top 3 RBs, better than Derrick Henry? I am much more impressed with Henry than I have been with Fournette. Henry went 45 to Tennessee last season.

I will stick with what I said. Mixon is the best of this bunch. McCaffrey will be 2nd best. Fournette and Cook will be disappointments.

Henry was the backup. I think Fournett and Cook are better. As for McCaffery, I think he will be good, but I also think he ends up being more of a McCoy type back that a true workhorse back.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Henry was the backup. I think Fournett and Cook are better. As for McCaffery, I think he will be good, but I also think he ends up being more of a McCoy type back that a true workhorse back.

Coming out of college Henry wasn't. Didn't he win the Heisman?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coming out of college Henry wasn't. Didn't he win the Heisman?

Griffin won the Heisman too. Its a popularity contest.

He had an average at best 2013, an above average 2014, and blew up in 2015 which is why he decided to come out with one year of eligible play left.

While Cook has never had a 2200 yard season, he had 1008 as a rookie, 1691 as a Sophomore, and 1765 as a JR. Also mind you Henry carried the ball almost 400 times in his JR season to get that 2200 yards. Cook got almost 1800 yards on 107 less carries.

Im not saying RB has to be the pick at 17, but for fuck sake, if Cook is there and we do go RB... this actually SHOULD be the guy.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Henry had better players ahead of him as a Freshman and Sophomore.

I am simply saying Cook isn't going to be as good as you seem to think.