• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

That a boy Jerry

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*Schmoop runs to the calendar to check if it is April 1st*

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just read that a few minutes ago, he finally realizes what most football literate already knew years ago.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's said the right stuff before. Now let's see if he will listen to what he said.

Pencil Sharpener

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry Jones of Dallas Cowboys says it's his fault Tony Romo hasn't won a Super Bowl - ESPN Dallas

slowly jerry is catching on:

"All of that boils down to management of a cap, management of certainly having players that deserve to get the money that you got," Jones said.
"When I look back on it, we probably paid some people that we probably would have been better off not paying."

I have a bridge in Brooklyn I want to sell you..............until he starts taking actions in the right direction. All of this is nothing but smoke and mirrors

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well at least these thoughts are in his head ....and hopefully he is conscious about it the next time he grabs a pen.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry Jones of Dallas Cowboys says it's his fault Tony Romo hasn't won a Super Bowl - ESPN Dallas

"All of that boils down to management of a cap, management of certainly having players that deserve to get the money that you got," Jones said.
"When I look back on it, we probably paid some people that we probably would have been better off not paying."

Sure wish what he says would actually sink in to his brain. Based on the last 25 years, this comes across to me as just more lip service...trying to say the right thing and then will go out and fall in love with a player and hand them a blank check.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wow, combine that with some of the things Stephen has said recently and maybe they are finally learning that Football is not a one year game and that it is them that have screwed this team more than anyone else. As far as those of you saying it's "lip service"...yeah it could be, but I don't usually recall Jerry taking responsibility for someothing in quite this way. He has said the catch phrases before like "the buck stops here" and "that's my responsibility" and some shit about "stop signs"...but I don't recall specific comments from him like this: "we probably paid some people that we probably would have been better off not paying". But, I'll believe the swallowing pride part when he hires a GM.

Mrhappi06

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ill say this, Jerry knows how to create buzz(even if means making conflicting statements from day to day).

Eiknarflin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"...we PROBABLY paid some people that we PROBABLY would have been better off not paying."

Jerry is a master at double speak, and this is completely double speak.

Jerry hasn't owned up to anything with this statement. What he did was tried to kill two birds with one stone.

Bird #1: It's no secret that he wants a few guys to take a pay cut. He's telling them, publicly, that he PROBABLY won't give them the kind of money that he agreed to give them when he offered the contracts.

Bird #2: He's throwing a bone to the Cowboy fan base, making them think that he PROBABLY will take a different approach in regards to the salary cap.

I'm sorry, but unless I hear Jerry say, "I (not we) have (not probably) been horrible in my decision making for the past 18+ years and obviously don't understand what makes for a good football team," then it's just more of the same Jerry-speak to me.

Fool me once, shame on you; fool me 17 more times, shame on me.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, combine that with some of the things Stephen has said recently and maybe they are finally learning that Football is not a one year game and that it is them that have screwed this team more than anyone else. As far as those of you saying it's "lip service"...yeah it could be, but I don't usually recall Jerry taking responsibility for someothing in quite this way. He has said the catch phrases before like "the buck stops here" and "that's my responsibility" and some shit about "stop signs"...but I don't recall specific comments from him like this: "we probably paid some people that we probably would have been better off not paying". But, I'll believe the swallowing pride part when he hires a GM.

I agree.....jerry has always been PR conscious

Eiknarflin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's another quote from Jerry from that same interview:

"You got to get it when you're high like that. When you're high up on it. You can't miss your bus when you got your quarterback and you got good talent around him and if you miss that bus in the NFL."

This is what he said after informing us that he had "conferred with several former or current NFL personnel executives who advised from 2007 to 2010, the Cowboys had some of the best talent in the league."

In other words, "It's not MY fault. I put together a great team of talent and they blew it."

Jerry is far from admitting any fault. He is attempting to make the case why he should continue being the GM when the fan base is sick of his approach.

This sucks because he is only digging his heels in deeper.

What is it that Pday says? "Till death do us part."

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's another quote from Jerry from that same interview:

"You got to get it when you're high like that. When you're high up on it. You can't miss your bus when you got your quarterback and you got good talent around him and if you miss that bus in the NFL."

This is what he said after informing us that he had "conferred with several former or current NFL personnel executives who advised from 2007 to 2010, the Cowboys had some of the best talent in the league."

In other words, "It's not MY fault. I put together a great team of talent and they blew it."

Jerry is far from admitting any fault. He is attempting to make the case why he should continue being the GM when the fan base is sick of his approach.

This sucks because he is only digging his heels in deeper.

What is it that Pday says? "Till death do us part."

In all fairness to Jerry he did have us some pretty good teams built there for awhile.

Parcels should have had success if not for a botched field goal. And that was Romos 1st HALF a year as a starter.
We had Austin break out. He brought in TO to give us firepower. He brought in Williams to give us more firepower..... and then brought in Dez to replace TOs production.
For awhile we had a touch down machine in Barber and he tried to add in speed with that... and for a couple of years there we were all talking about a 3 headed monster backfield to go with all the passing weapons.

And thats without jumping to the defense ... Where Ware and Ratliff were both young. Brought in Hamlin at FS

I mean the guy did try..... and I think had Parcells stayed we may very well have gotten that Superbowl..... at the least had playoff success for a few consecutive years.
Hell Wade got 13-3 out of that team before they got spoiled by camp cupcake

And OFC Garrett cleaned house when he took over.... and we all knew that was going to take time to overcome .... especially fixing the O-line that had grown old

Eiknarflin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tw1st,

I agree with what you say. I enjoyed the mild success we had several years ago, and yes, Jerry should get some of the credit for that, if for no other reason than he managed to take a step back and let Parcells go to work.

My only point is that what Jerry said in the interview does not represent a moment of enlightenment on his part. It's the same tired defense of his remaining as the GM that we get year after year. He says that he is to blame for their failures to get to the SB, but in the next breath explains why it really isn't his fault.

In the end, he's going to keep doing things his way, even though his way has consistently led to failure.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tw1st,

I agree with what you say. I enjoyed the mild success we had several years ago, and yes, Jerry should get some of the credit for that, if for no other reason than he managed to take a step back and let Parcells go to work.

My only point is that what Jerry said in the interview does not represent a moment of enlightenment on his part. It's the same tired defense of his remaining as the GM that we get year after year. He says that he is to blame for their failures to get to the SB, but in the next breath explains why it really isn't his fault.

In the end, he's going to keep doing things his way, even though his way has consistently led to failure.

I'm not a Jerry defender .... I didn't like the Galloway trade or the Roy Williams trade .... I wouldnt give up 2 1st rounders for anyone ... Not anyone

I do think we had a pretty talented team there for a few years. And that part I don't lay on Jerry ... you do have to blame that on coaching and the players.

Eiknarflin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean the guy did try..... and I think had Parcells stayed we may very well have gotten that Superbowl..... at the least had playoff success for a few consecutive years.

This is the only part of what you said that is a head scratcher because the very reason Parcells left is because Jerry started doing things his way again. He forced TO on Parcells and continued his meddlesome ways, which is why Parcells left and we didn't get to the SB, or even deep in the playoffs.

It's a pattern with Jerry. He just can't help himself. He wants to take the credit when things are going good, but when they fail he also wants to escape the blame.

This snowball has been rolling down the hill for 20+ years now. I keep hoping that it will make it to the bottom of the hill, but it never does.

I couldn't write a horror script worse than this Nightmare on AT&T Way.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the only part of what you said that is a head scratcher because the very reason Parcells left is because Jerry started doing things his way again. He forced TO on Parcells and continued his meddlesome ways, which is why Parcells left and we didn't get to the SB, or even deep in the playoffs.

It's a pattern with Jerry. He just can't help himself. He wants to take the credit when things are going good, but when they fail he also wants to escape the blame.

This snowball has been rolling down the hill for 20+ years now. I keep hoping that it will make it to the bottom of the hill, but it never does.

I couldn't write a horror script worse than this Nightmare on AT&T Way.

I can agree with you on Jerry .... When we have a bad team he will step back ... but the moment he thinks we are close ..... He thinks he is the magician that will make the BIG MOVE to put us over the top .... and it always fails :L