• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thanks Coach Linehan

BigLarry75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LIONS OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR SCOTT LINEHAN QUOTE SHEET

On G Larry Warford's consistency throughout the season: "He's a really good player, No. 1. He was that way in college and I think he's been prepared well by his coaches and he prepares well for a young player and believes in himself. He uses his talents to go out and play winning football and he's been able to do that, just like he did when he was in college. It's nice to see a young player like that step up and play well this early in his career."

On Warford's body composition being different from G Rob Sims: "Everybody's different, but the guy has extremely good flexibility for a big man. He's just extremely flexible and I think that's a big bonus, not only just being able to bend and have great pad level in the run game, but also being in good position to block. He has a lot of natural skills, but he's a real smart player and uses great technique to enhance them."

Rob

Forward down the field, Bitches.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Larry, you are really good at tackle football. Thank you for not being the next Aaron Gibson.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully, next year you'll be able to thank a new OC for a Superbowl ring, instead of this one for blowing smoke up the press's ass.

Oh yeah. And what Rob said.

VulturesRule

Nothing To See Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully, next year you'll be able to thank a new OC for a Superbowl ring, instead of this one for blowing smoke up the press's ass.

Oh yeah. And what Rob said.

Hmm.... Perhaps how we know the composition of that fog? Could be wrong.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warford may not be the flashiest rookie, but one could certainly make the argument at this point that it looks like we landed the best player in the draft in the 3rd round...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we should bestow the nickname "Dancing Bear" on Warford. It just fits him perfectly, imo, given his mauling size and light feet.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That or Disco WarBear... whichever sounds cooler...

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus gandy, how can you not discredit Dancing Bear too?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahahaha I just google "Dancing Bear".... Not what I was expecting. (I was thinking Grateful Dead, not dudes in banana hammocks)

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Linehan = moron........Chuck it deep!!!!!!

BigLarry75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Again Coach Linehan

‘Just a natural’

Right guard Larry Warford and the Lions’ offensive line will be challenged on Monday night by the Ravens’ defense which has accumulated 37 sacks in the first 13 games. That’s 10 more than the Lions’ defense.

Warford, a rookie, will no doubt be up for it.

He has been solid in starting every game this season.

“I think the kid is just a natural. I think if you played 12 months out of the year, you would get the same thing from Larry,’’ Lions offensive coordinator Scott Linehan said. “He’s an excellent athlete. He’s very flexible and very well-conditioned. He stays healthy. I think all that factors in.’’

Linehan has seen no sign of a rookie wall which routinely occurs since the NFL season is longer and more intense than college football.

“When people talk about ‘rookie wall,’ a lot of the time guys are dealing with physical ailments or sometimes fatigue,’’ Linehan said. “Larry takes care of himself. For a young guy, he really has a very good, professional approach. Again, I credit him, but I credit the guidance he’s getting from his coaches. I think those guys have done a great job with those young O-linemen.”