• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas WR Lil’Jordan Humphrey Calls Donald Trump a White Supremacist, Compares CFB to Slavery

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Careful, or he's going to fvck you up.
1342.gif.cf.gif

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cute, I haven't lived lived in Alabama in 25 years, currently in Tampa, previously in Los Angeles. Plenty of things to do in both that would be more entertaining then yet another semi-pro football league. I haven't followed high school ball regularly since high school, but I understand that's big in Texas where people live vicariously through their kids because they peaked at 18 and they have to find something to fill the emptiness of their sad existence.

I get it, you don't follow football. But most college football fans follow recruiting closely, and if all the talent was going to a minor league and college football was filled with 2 stars, the popularity would drop big time. It would be a niche sport, like college baseball.

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because the NCAA doesn't pressure them properly.

If the head of the NCAA walked into Goodell's office in the
morning and wanted a subsidy for being a pseudo minor
league of the NFL or they were raising the GPA to get a
schollie to 3.0. Goodell would ask him if he wanted cash
or a check.

Just tell them you want 500 million a year of their profits
to be given to all FBS, FCS and Div II schools, allocated to
those schools. They'd pay in a heartbeat because it would
save them 500 million.

Pressure probably wasn't the right word to use. My point is that I rarely see sports journalists go off on the NBA and NFL about their lack of a proper minor league system, while I see them go off on the NCAA about paying players quite often.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get it, you don't follow football. But most college football fans follow recruiting closely, and if all the talent was going to a minor league and college football was filled with 2 stars, the popularity would drop big time. It would be a niche sport, like college baseball.
How many teams do you think this minor league is going to have 30? Doubt they are going to be having enough space for 400 new players every single year.

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What in Sam Hill is a Lil'Jordan and why is he so bad at syntax & meter; and why doesn't he know the difference in the proper use of thousand(s)?

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can understand how the t-shirt faithful might respond in Texas, but the rest of us have stronger allegiances to our school. Shit, there are DII schools who would wish pray for a 3 star that got more attendance last year than half the USFL teams averaged in their heyday. If everything was about the quality of the football, why would anybody watch College Football in the first place, the NFL is full of better teams.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can understand how the t-shirt faithful might respond in Texas, but the rest of us have stronger allegiances to our school. Shit, there are DII schools who would wish pray for a 3 star that got more attendance last year than half the USFL teams averaged in their heyday. If everything was about the quality of the football, why would anybody watch College Football in the first place, the NFL is full of better teams.

People watch both. Mostly because they play on different days. An when both play on the same day NFL usually crushes NCAA football in people who watch. It’s absolutely foolish to say The NCAA won’t be affected should the NFL develop a minor league system that takes good college players away.

An it’s hilarious hearing an Alabama fan call someone else a T-shirt fan on here considering this board picks up a new Alabama fan or two every year after Saban raises another title.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People watch both. Mostly because they play on different days. An when both play on the same day NFL usually crushes NCAA football in people who watch. It’s absolutely foolish to say The NCAA won’t be affected should the NFL develop a minor league system that takes good college players away.

An it’s hilarious hearing an Alabama fan call someone else a T-shirt fan on here considering this board picks up a new Alabama fan or two every year after Saban raises another title.

Leave it to you to argue a point nobody made. Nobody said it would not be affected. Stretch Armstrong made the case that it would get the ratings of college baseball. Which I find laughable.

At this point I think we have got all the bandwagon fans we are going to get, how many more do we have to win to get them all. The fact that Texas has so many after years of mediocrity is the real rub.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leave it to you to argue a point nobody made. Nobody said it would not be affected. Stretch Armstrong made the case that it would get the ratings of college baseball. Which I find laughable.

At this point I think we have got all the bandwagon fans we are going to get, how many more do we have to win to get them all. The fact that Texas has so many after years of mediocrity is the real rub.

Leave it to you to not read this thread. Noelfan says it will have no effect. Armstrong disagreed with him and now you disagreed with Armstrong. I disagree completely. I think it will because the product on the field will be a downgrade.

There’s 300 million people in America. You aren’t even close to getting all the bandys you can.

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leave it to you to not read this thread. Noelfan says it will have no effect. Armstrong disagreed with him and now you disagreed with Armstrong. I disagree completely. I think it will because the product on the field will be a downgrade.

There’s 300 million people in America. You aren’t even close to getting all the bandys you can.

Nonsense. The games will remain competitive. There will still be
recruiting, still plays being called and still winners and losers.

You want to talk about product. Look at the crowds for 1-AA
games.

Here's a sampling of the SEC.

Bama...Ave att 101,722 vs Mercer 101,821
Auburn, Ave Att 86,446 vs Mercer 87,033
Tx AM, Ave att 98,802 vs Nicholls St 100,276
LSU Ave Att 98,506 vs Chatt 97,289
Miss Ave Att 58,631 vs UT Martin 60,476
UGA Ave Att 92,746 vs Samford 92,746
So Car Ave Att 78,586 vs Wofford 74,742
Mizzo Ave Att 51,490 vs Mo St 50,131
UK Ave Att 56,468 vs EKU 54,868
Tenn Ave Att 95,779 vs Indiana St 99,015

They go to see their college team play. Gas is the same.
Food is the same. Motel room is the same. Expenses are
the same. It'll cost an AM fan as much to see Nicholls State
as to See Alabama. They don't give a shit.

They care about winning and losing...that's it. You don't
honestly believe that an Alabama fan is going to go watch
the Birmingham Comets with a bunch of 19 year-olds who are
just passing thru over seeing their Crimson Tide...Do You?

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nonsense. The games will remain competitive. There will still be
recruiting, still plays being called and still winners and losers.

You want to talk about product. Look at the crowds for 1-AA
games.

Here's a sampling of the SEC.

Bama...Ave att 101,722 vs Mercer 101,821
Auburn, Ave Att 86,446 vs Mercer 87,033
Tx AM, Ave att 98,802 vs Nicholls St 100,276
LSU Ave Att 98,506 vs Chatt 97,289
Miss Ave Att 58,631 vs UT Martin 60,476
UGA Ave Att 92,746 vs Samford 92,746
So Car Ave Att 78,586 vs Wofford 74,742
Mizzo Ave Att 51,490 vs Mo St 50,131
UK Ave Att 56,468 vs EKU 54,868
Tenn Ave Att 95,779 vs Indiana St 99,015

They go to see their college team play. Gas is the same.
Food is the same. Motel room is the same. Expenses are
the same. It'll cost an AM fan as much to see Nicholls State
as to See Alabama. They don't give a shit.

They care about winning and losing...that's it. You don't
honestly believe that an Alabama fan is going to go watch
the Birmingham Comets with a bunch of 19 year-olds who are
just passing thru over seeing their Crimson Tide...Do You?

You can’t make any comparisons right now because there is no nfl minor league system.

An you can’t honestly look me in the eye and say the NCAA losing 50% of their players to a start up minor league division won’t affect the NCAA one bit. That’s just absolutely ludacris.

I’m not saying people are going to switch and go to these minor league games altogether. I’m saying they just won’t show up for the NCAA games in the masses they do now if the product on the field is garbage. Ever notice how a losing team for the year starts to see attendance go down? Do you really think that’s some sort of coincidence?

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can’t make any comparisons right now because there is no nfl minor league system.

An you can’t honestly look me in the eye and say the NCAA losing 50% of their players to a start up minor league division won’t affect the NCAA one bit. That’s just absolutely ludacris.

I’m not saying people are going to switch and go to these minor league games altogether. I’m saying they just won’t show up for the NCAA games in the masses they do now if the product on the field is garbage. Ever notice how a losing team for the year starts to see attendance go down? Do you really think that’s some sort of coincidence?

The product on the field won't be garbage. It'll be competitive.
That's what people look for. Competition. I'm not ready to
do it right now, but I think I could make an argument that
the games would be more competitive, between each other,
if half the players were gone. The bottom feeders don't have any
talent to speak of, right now.

Teams that lose a lot will see attendance decrease. (Most of them
will). But that would have nothing to do with Minor League Football. That happens now, with all the thugs playing.

People shell out a lot of money in booster fees, tickets, travel
expenses, etc, etc. They do that for their school. That will never
change.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I’m not saying people are going to switch and go to these minor league games altogether. I’m saying they just won’t show up for the NCAA games in the masses they do now if the product on the field is garbage. Ever notice how a losing team for the year starts to see attendance go down? Do you really think that’s some sort of coinciupridence?

Again, you are arguing a point that I didn't make. I never said they would not be affected. Armstong's point was that they would dwindle to college baseball numbers, which is again ridiculous. The top 25 college baseball teams averaged slightly more than 4000 fans per game and only 1 team(LSU) averaged more than 10,000. If 2020 Alabama was made up entirely of the Tuscaloosa Central High School Team, they would still draw more fans than the average Alabama baseball game, which was 3,773. Hell, Tuscaloosa Central draws more fans than that now.

As for dwindling attendance. there are plenty of schools that have put shit teams on the field for several years and haven't hit double digit declines in attendance...Texas, Tennessee, Nebraska.

It would be surprising to me if P5 teams lost more than 20% of their attendance, and many at the top would be single digits. Also what planet are you drawing 50% of their players from? It's not like there are going to be 60 minor league NFL teams. Some teams might see an increase in fans, you might be surprised what keeping a QB/RB/WR/LB/DB on campus for 4 years instead of 2 might do for fan interest.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The product on the field won't be garbage. It'll be competitive.
That's what people look for. Competition. I'm not ready to
do it right now, but I think I could make an argument that
the games would be more competitive, between each other,
if half the players were gone. The bottom feeders don't have any
talent to speak of, right now.

Teams that lose a lot will see attendance decrease. (Most of them
will). But that would have nothing to do with Minor League Football. That happens now, with all the thugs playing.

People shell out a lot of money in booster fees, tickets, travel
expenses, etc, etc. They do that for their school. That will never
change.

As we continue to see programs that constantly lose have dwindling attendance, Ill continue to argue my point that a minor league system would affect the NCAA. People don’t go now because the product on the field in a losing program is bad. Yet you think when the product gets worse it’ll have no effect? We’ll just agree to disagree.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, you are arguing a point that I didn't make. I never said they would not be affected. Armstong's point was that they would dwindle to college baseball numbers, which is again ridiculous. The top 25 college baseball teams averaged slightly more than 4000 fans per game and only 1 team(LSU) averaged more than 10,000. If 2020 Alabama was made up entirely of the Tuscaloosa Central High School Team, they would still draw more fans than the average Alabama baseball game, which was 3,773. Hell, Tuscaloosa Central draws more fans than that now.

As for dwindling attendance. there are plenty of schools that have put shit teams on the field for several years and haven't hit double digit declines in attendance...Texas, Tennessee, Nebraska.

It would be surprising to me if P5 teams lost more than 20% of their attendance, and many at the top would be single digits. Also what planet are you drawing 50% of their players from? It's not like there are going to be 60 minor league NFL teams. Some teams might see an increase in fans, you might be surprised what keeping a QB/RB/WR/LB/DB on campus for 4 years instead of 2 might do for fan interest.

Again someone made the point it wouldn’t effect the NCAA. I’m arguing it will. It won’t totally kill it but if the best players who didn’t go to college to “play no school” aren’t around. The product on the field will suffer. Causing a chain reaction of fan attendance, profit etc.

Sure you can name blue bloods whose attendance didn’t suffer, however that is the exception not the rule.

An 50% Of P5 players, not overall. My bad. Since this will be a minor league system these teams will want the more physically dominant players coming out of high school. That’s mostly the P5 guys. I could easily see P5 teams lose 50% of their players depending on how many teams a minor league system would bring.

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again someone made the point it wouldn’t effect the NCAA. I’m arguing it will. It won’t totally kill it but if the best players who didn’t go to college to “play no school” aren’t around. The product on the field will suffer. Causing a chain reaction of fan attendance, profit etc.

Sure you can name blue bloods whose attendance didn’t suffer, however that is the exception not the rule.

An 50% Of P5 players, not overall. My bad. Since this will be a minor league system these teams will want the more physically dominant players coming out of high school. That’s mostly the P5 guys. I could easily see P5 teams lose 50% of their players depending on how many teams a minor league system would bring.

Not quite true. The average fan does not "see" the difference
in 2 inches on the height of a lineman or a player .2 slower in
the 40. They see only the competition on the field. They drive
100's of miles each weekend to see games end in 52-0 scores
when they know in advance it will be lopsided. They still spend
the money.

The product, in the eyes of the fan, will not decrease. The situations will not change. Kansas will still be hiring a football
coach every three years. Bama and Ohio State will still be
winning more games than they lose and the bulk of their conf
titles.

As Mario Casem once wrote. "Football in the East is a rite of
autumn. Football in the Midwest is cannibalisim. Football in the
West is a tourist attraction. But College football in the South is religion
and the Sabbath is Saturday."

That will never change. The NFL minor league system will lose them millions of dollars every year, and they'll have no choice
but to institute a minor league system.

There are 3,4 and 5-star players going to JUCO every year. What do those teams draw?

Then you have to consider where will the NFL minor league teams
play? Do you think the NFL is going to build 32 new stadiums
at 500 million apiece? They'll be playing in 10K seat stadiums
in Macon or Lakeland or Topeka. Colleges won't rent out their
stadiums to the competition. They'll be stuck in smaller cities,
with no college football team and smaller stadiums.

That G League in the NBA. They play in HS gyms in front of 200
people.

For the NFL and NBA, not having a minor league system has saved
them millions over the years. Probably billions. They could be pressured right now, to help subsidize College Football and basketball and gladly pay. Especially football.

It's a no-brainer.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not quite true. The average fan does not "see" the difference
in 2 inches on the height of a lineman or a player .2 slower in
the 40. They see only the competition on the field. They drive
100's of miles each weekend to see games end in 52-0 scores
when they know in advance it will be lopsided. They still spend
the money.

The product, in the eyes of the fan, will not decrease. The situations will not change. Kansas will still be hiring a football
coach every three years. Bama and Ohio State will still be
winning more games than they lose and the bulk of their conf
titles.

As Mario Casem once wrote. "Football in the East is a rite of
autumn. Football in the Midwest is cannibalisim. Football in the
West is a tourist attraction. But College football in the South is religion
and the Sabbath is Saturday."

That will never change. The NFL minor league system will lose them millions of dollars every year, and they'll have no choice
but to institute a minor league system.

There are 3,4 and 5-star players going to JUCO every year. What do those teams draw?

Then you have to consider where will the NFL minor league teams
play? Do you think the NFL is going to build 32 new stadiums
at 500 million apiece? They'll be playing in 10K seat stadiums
in Macon or Lakeland or Topeka. Colleges won't rent out their
stadiums to the competition. They'll be stuck in smaller cities,
with no college football team and smaller stadiums.

That G League in the NBA. They play in HS gyms in front of 200
people.

For the NFL and NBA, not having a minor league system has saved
them millions over the years. Probably billions. They could be pressured right now, to help subsidize College Football and basketball and gladly pay. Especially football.

It's a no-brainer.

If there is a minor league system most of the best players (those 5 stars and most 4 stars) will go there. It literally an audition to get called up to the majors. An the NFL will help out some. You think they won’t? Hell its probably another way for them to make money. There is certainly a market to get players if they want. It all depends on how many teams.

An the college football fan can see the difference between an Ohio State/Michigan barnburner And an Oregon State/Stanford slugfest.

We’ll just agree to disagree because I’ll never believe the nfl creating a minor league system will have no effect on the NCAA.