• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas Kicks another player off team.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoever Kennedy Estelle is.
Starting Left Tackle in the season opener.

You go Coach Strong.
Sorry if someone brought this up already.
:yahoo:

BucksFanInGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's been suspended since the start of the season, so they've been playing without him anyway.

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Horns fans and Coach Strong supporters need to deal with this FACT: Ricky Williams would be kicked of this team for the goofy stuff he pulled on and off campus. And Ricky was no bad/lazy seed.

ugafan6612

Oh I really like boobs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Inb4 husker fan talks shit about thur daddies

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Inb4 husker fan talks shit about thur daddies

Sorry, Ugafan, we are in The We're Texas whining thread commonly known as Texas Cultural Change Thread.

Hornsdigest has a good read on it, from of all people, Chip Brown. Who is the guy that broke Texas and five more teams going to the PAC 10 in late May/early June 2010. Which began all sorts of turmoil, forcing four teams from he Big 12, Oklahoma and Oklahoma State threatening to leave, and the sacrificing of Dan Nero Beebe.

Kennedy admitted he is a drug addict and had failed THREE drug tests. He is/was not the only Texas Longhorn that had failed three drug tests. Since he admitted he was a drug addict the school chose to continue to help him.

The article also stated that Estelle lost his passion for football and was more into being a rap artist and drugs.

http://texas.scout.com/story/1454501-details-of-kennedy-estelle-s-dismissal?s=110

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can google Martez Walker, Texas Basketball.

Makes Joe Mixon look smart.

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Addiction to marijuana is a terrible disease.

It almost ruined Honeybadger's life.

My friend died after smoking a whole pack of marijuana cigarettes.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Horns fans and Coach Strong supporters need to deal with this FACT: Ricky Williams would be kicked of this team for the goofy stuff he pulled on and off campus. And Ricky was no bad/lazy seed.

Actually Ricky came out and said he probably would have been suspended and straightened. ALso said he is still afraid of his "momma" and once Charlie called her it would turned him around.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, Ugafan, we are in The We're Texas whining thread commonly known as Texas Cultural Change Thread.

Hornsdigest has a good read on it, from of all people, Chip Brown. Who is the guy that broke Texas and five more teams going to the PAC 10 in late May/early June 2010. Which began all sorts of turmoil, forcing four teams from he Big 12, Oklahoma and Oklahoma State threatening to leave, and the sacrificing of Dan Nero Beebe.

Kennedy admitted he is a drug addict and had failed THREE drug tests. He is/was not the only Texas Longhorn that had failed three drug tests. Since he admitted he was a drug addict the school chose to continue to help him.

The article also stated that Estelle lost his passion for football and was more into being a rap artist and drugs.

Scout.com - College and High School Football, Basketball, Recruiting, NFL, and MLB Front Page

hahaha what was the point of your version of the big 12 history?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Charlies gotta be about running out of players by now, right?

kap1959

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Scout.com - College and High School Football, Basketball, Recruiting, NFL, and MLB Front Page

I must omit Husk10, you are one scary fucker. I really think you need professional help.

obsessed-poster.jpg

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please, Johndyer, enlighten us with the Texas version of what transpired in the Big 12 during June 2010 through September 2011.

texico fucked bitches and got money. Johndyer 3:16

Phantom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish every coach would follow this. They all say they do, but very few actually do what they say. In the end, we will be a better team for it. Every mother in America will want their son to play for Charlie Strong. We just have to get the players to want the same thing. That might be the challenge. Who knows.

This is part of what he said in his meeting. From Yahoo Sports.

"The blue print of this program has been and always will be the change in helping direct the lives of young people. I'm sorry that another player had to be dismissed, but when you're told something over and over again...
We continue to develop young men. We will continue to ask them to follow our core values, which all of them have been brought up on. They understand what the core values are. When you are asked to do something and you are part of a team, and when you don't do it then you affect the whole team, and you affect the whole program.
Young people want discipline in their lives, and it's our job as a coaching staff to make sure that we provide him with discipline. I always look at it like this - right now, they are laying a foundation for 10 years from now. That foundation is the house they are going to live in, the wife they are going to pick to marry, their children and how they're going to provide for them and how they're going to raise them. If that foundation is provided for them now, 10 years from now they'll just be able to lean back on it and look back and say 'That's the life that I want to live.
Any time a player is dismissed from this program it hurts me because we are here to help young men. We are not here to run young men off; that's not our job. We're here to help them, and it just bothers me. When you're given an opportunity, you want to make sure you have every resource and everything available to help them be successful.
I always look at it - sometimes you see someone that has given so much and achieved so little and then someone that has given so little and achieved so much.
I'm not hard at all. Those guys have more fun around me then they will ever have around any coach, and that's just the atmosphere that I provide for them. I give them a lot of chances to get it right because I want them to still be successful.
When you say you're going to do something, it's just like your own child, they're going to challenge you. Now when they do challenge you, then what are you going to do about it? It's not so much the program, it's just that young men sometimes want to make a decision where they feel like it is their prerogative to do whatever they want to do. It just can't happen here."

StickItIn

Gobbledygooker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I'm being overly cynical, but I can't help but think that he can afford to clean house like this because the kids aren't winning games anyway.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please, Johndyer, enlighten us with the Texas version of what transpired in the Big 12 during June 2010 through September 2011.

lol you missed the point. I honestly feel like you think about UT/Big 12 all the time.

Phantom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I'm being overly cynical, but I can't help but think that he can afford to clean house like this because the kids aren't winning games anyway.

Partly, because it's less painful. I have to think even if Texas had a lot of super stars, he would do the same thing. He definitely knows that this is the year to set the standard and he's doing it.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he has any other choices if he wants to win the locker room.

You set rules. 95% of the team follow them. The 5% that don't, can't just continue to flaunt it in the face of authority.

So you have to make a few examples. The 95% will either buy in because you are true to your word, or check out because they chafe at discipline. But NOBODY can claim you aren't a man of your word and wasn't honest about what you expected and the consequences of not living up to that.

He will have players running through brick walls by the end of the season