• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas Kicks another player off team.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Charley Strong does not dismiss players, they dismiss themselves." Vance Bedford, DC

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Charley Strong does not dismiss players, they dismiss themselves." Vance Bedford, DC

"I don't always dismiss players but when I do I prefer Texas Longhorns" - Charlie Strong most interesting coach in the world.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is genius shit for several reasons already mentioned:

1) Strong cleans house and totally gets the guys on his team that he wants, and ones who will completely buy into his system.

2) this was going to be a down year anyway, so go ahead and scrap it completely. No big loss. Going to another mediocre bowl game wouldn't do anything for the team's morale and might even give them the impression that they don't have to work hard and they still get rewarded. That thinking is poison.

3) Buy yourself another year by saying, "Hey, lookit my first year, I had to clean up so much of the mess from the previous administration..."

4) Make your second/third years look better by comparison. Also, if they get to a bowl next year, he can pump up the whole "see what happens when you persevere through adversity and work hard?" angle.

After all that, if they show marked improvement in year 3 or sooner, then he will have the players AND the athletic department completely on his side.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he has any other choices if he wants to win the locker room.

You set rules. 95% of the team follow them. The 5% that don't, can't just continue to flaunt it in the face of authority.

So you have to make a few examples. The 95% will either buy in because you are true to your word, or check out because they chafe at discipline. But NOBODY can claim you aren't a man of your word and wasn't honest about what you expected and the consequences of not living up to that.

He will have players running through brick walls by the end of the season

people forget that coaches dont lose locker rooms, because of rules. They lose locker rooms, because they dont enforce them (or enforce them selectively)

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is genius shit for several reasons already mentioned:

1) Strong cleans house and totally gets the guys on his team that he wants, and ones who will completely buy into his system.

2) this was going to be a down year anyway, so go ahead and scrap it completely. No big loss. Going to another mediocre bowl game wouldn't do anything for the team's morale and might even give them the impression that they don't have to work hard and they still get rewarded. That thinking is poison.

3) Buy yourself another year by saying, "Hey, lookit my first year, I had to clean up so much of the mess from the previous administration..."

4) Make your second/third years look better by comparison. Also, if they get to a bowl next year, he can pump up the whole "see what happens when you persevere through adversity and work hard?" angle.

After all that, if they show marked improvement in year 3 or sooner, then he will have the players AND the athletic department completely on his side.

this is bullshit. Dont think this coach thinks that way. He'll win or get fired, but he's going to do it his way. All the rest is BS.

Secondly, it just does not work that way at any major program. Not anymore. It would/and did work that way at Baylor. Briles had nothing to lose, so he did it his way come hell or high water. And it eventuallly worked.

At Texas, Strong does not have that luxury. The big money people will throw his ass out if he does not win pretty soon. Which is a problem, because MB left this place so fucked up, it's going to take a little while. Suspending some idiots has no effect on wins/losses BECAUSE THEY WERE LOSING WITH THOSE CLOWNS. Get it?

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are not losing because of suspensions.

They are losing because MB left no OL, no quarterbacks, no linebackers. It's going to take years to replace the two senior LBs we have. We only have TWO quarterbacks, one is sophomore one is frosh. There is no one else to play that position. The OL recruits that we do have SUCK. We havent had an OL drafted since, 08? Because they're not good.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is bullshit. Dont think this coach thinks that way. He'll win or get fired, but he's going to do it his way. All the rest is BS.

Secondly, it just does not work that way at any major program. Not anymore. It would/and did work that way at Baylor. Briles had nothing to lose, so he did it his way come hell or high water. And it eventuallly worked.

At Texas, Strong does not have that luxury. The big money people will throw his ass out if he does not win pretty soon. Which is a problem, because MB left this place so fucked up, it's going to take a little while. Suspending some idiots has no effect on wins/losses BECAUSE THEY WERE LOSING WITH THOSE CLOWNS. Get it?

I know for a fact Tuberville thought this way when he came to Auburn but his efforts were on the sleazy side if you ask me. He evaluated the talent on the team and if you didn't fit a certain profile he didn't renew your scholarship and he did that for about 5 guys solely so he could sign a bigger class the next year. BTW I'm pretty sure he did some of this at Cincinnati from an article I read but not sure about TT.

I never supported that decision nor the one to cancel the FSU game he should have been man enough to just play it and take his licks.

Give Strong credit he is kicking off starters so I would support that as a fan because it is discipline problems and that is a solid reason but recruiting is on his mind in the process don't ever doubt that.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes recruiting is on his mind, I'm sure. But when you are dismissing starters at positions that have zero depth, such as OL, recruiting can help, but not fast. OL need time, starts, to get good. RBs, you can basically just throw them out there, just tell them to pick up the blitz or they will be on the bench. But Ol needs time.

Anyway, we'll see how it works out. But since the UCLA loss, Texas has flipped a 4* safety from OU/NC and today a LB son of former AA Britt Hager of Texas, from Baylor. His other son is all conference at Baylor. Linebackers are a huge position of need, along with OL and DBs.

If he can just get a couple of big pickups at positions of need, it will help.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know for a fact Tuberville thought this way when he came to Auburn but his efforts were on the sleazy side if you ask me. He evaluated the talent on the team and if you didn't fit a certain profile he didn't renew your scholarship and he did that for about 5 guys solely so he could sign a bigger class the next year. BTW I'm pretty sure he did some of this at Cincinnati from an article I read but not sure about TT.

I never supported that decision nor the one to cancel the FSU game he should have been man enough to just play it and take his licks.

Give Strong credit he is kicking off starters so I would support that as a fan because it is discipline problems and that is a solid reason but recruiting is on his mind in the process don't ever doubt that.

Strong is not stupid, so he realizes he pretty much has a pass. I doubt that is the focus. REcruiting is great, but recruiting rarely helps you when you lose 3-4 OL. OL recruits have a longer gestation period than most otehr recruits.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a couple of big recruits are going to flip as well; two just recently flipped to Texas that were not 5 stars but just think there are going to be a big one or two, come signing day.

'And I wont be surprised if they win a big game or two down the road.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This confirms what I have been suspecting. Charlie Strong has gone Rambo on drug testing.

"According to university records, an average of 104 tests were administered annually to football players from 2010 to 2013, the last four years under former coach Mack Brown. A total of 188 tests were administered the first eight months this year under Strong. At an annualized rate, that’s more than double the previous four years."

Charlie Strong drug tests Texas football | www.mystatesman.com

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This confirms what I have been suspecting. Charlie Strong has gone Rambo on drug testing.

"According to university records, an average of 104 tests were administered annually to football players from 2010 to 2013, the last four years under former coach Mack Brown. A total of 188 tests were administered the first eight months this year under Strong. At an annualized rate, that’s more than double the previous four years."

Charlie Strong drug tests Texas football | www.mystatesman.com

I can only think that when he saw what was going on, he decided to hit em with the tests.

Can you friggin stop using long enough to get on board? well, some couldnt. Pussies.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So he'll never be coaching in Colorado or Oregon/Washington/Cali?