• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas: Glory Days

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska hasn't won a Confernce Championship in the 21st Century and the last time they played in a CC they lost and perennial power house Wisconsin scored 70 points on them.
Ouch!

Nebraska will never be good again so you don't have to worry.

Texas will be awesome in some future world and likely win National Championships like they are going out of style. Likely 6 or 7 in a row. Past history has told us as much.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread proves a point I tried to explain to Nebraska fans about what it was going to be like in the Big XII when the Texas teams joined the Big Eight. Nebraska and Oklahoma have a genuine appreciation for each other in spite of a heated rivalry on the football field. I told them Nebraska was going to hate Texas unless they could beat the Horns on a regular basis. Nebraska laid egg after egg against Texas and the result is a lingering resentment/embarrassment/hatred even after Nebraska said "fuck it" and fled the Big XII conference. So, they still miss Oklahoma and they still fight with Texas fans like two people who got a divorce and can't let the past be bygones. Funny thing is, Nebraska has absolutely no one in the Big Ten who they love or hate. Bottom line: Tom Osborne broke weak, took the money and decided to go play in a conference where Nebraska is turning into white bread. I'm a big Nebraska fan and I hate to see it. But damn....if you couldn't beat Texas when you had the chance why argue about it now?

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread proves a point I tried to explain to Nebraska fans about what it was going to be like in the Big XII when the Texas teams joined the Big Eight. Nebraska and Oklahoma have a genuine appreciation for each other in spite of a heated rivalry on the football field. I told them Nebraska was going to hate Texas unless they could beat the Horns on a regular basis. Nebraska laid egg after egg against Texas and the result is a lingering resentment/embarrassment/hatred even after Nebraska said "fuck it" and fled the Big XII conference. So, they still miss Oklahoma and they still fight with Texas fans like two people who got a divorce and can't let the past be bygones. Funny thing is, Nebraska has absolutely no one in the Big Ten who they love or hate. Bottom line: Tom Osborne broke weak, took the money and decided to go play in a conference where Nebraska is turning into white bread. I'm a big Nebraska fan and I hate to see it. But damn....if you couldn't beat Texas when you had the chance why argue about it now?

Well written.

bigred472

theoldestidiotonthisboard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was wondering when a Husker was going to bring that up.

It was the offense's fault because they only held the ball for 39:35 to UT's 20:25 nearly a 2 to 1 time advantage.
Huskers had 87 offensive plays to 57 for Texas, 30 more.
Texas outgained UNL 503 yards to 398. Texas average 8.8 yards/play, UNL 4.6 yards/play.
Texas averaged 5.4 yards rushing/play, UNL 3.8 rush/play.
Texas averaged 18.6 yard per pass, UNL 10.3.
Neither team fumbled and UNL had 2 INTs.
Texas threw 5 more passes and completed 4 more than the Huskers.

Nebraska held a 27-23 lead in the 4th with 10:11 to go and Texas scored 2 TDs to not only go ahead by pad their lead. to win 37-27.

Wow, when I look at it that way, I'll agree it was the UNL offense that cost them the game.
-------
Charlie--By the time that CCG came around y'all had two games you could look at and pretty much develop a plan to beat us. The ASU game and the Colorado/Nebraska game which we barely won at home. It's not rocket science despite your efforts to rely on scores by quarter or half or 3 quarters or game. The triple option works when the offense is dominant and controls the line of scrimmage. #1 That wears down your opponents defense. #2 It keeps our defense fresh. We didn't really keep our defense fresh in all three of those games, and the only one we did win was a home game and that was barely.

I give your coaches (and players for that matter) credit in devising a great game plan. Coaches especially--hell they weren't stupid and devised a strategy to win. Yet, it was only a win against a good Nebraska team not a great one mainly because at key positions our offense was young. And once more, I'll keep coming back to the point you refuse to address, had we the same back field in '96 as we did in '95, flu or no flu, you wouldn't have touched us--not with an '84 team.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Corn Fuckers, read this post and STFU......

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska will never be good again so you don't have to worry.

Texas will be awesome in some future world and likely win National Championships like they are going out of style. Likely 6 or 7 in a row. Past history has told us as much.

No, not 6 or 7 in a row, nobody has ever done that. But rest assure, Texas will at least be in contention competing for NC's, hopefully winning some. One thing that is certain, Nebraska won't be competing for NC's anymore. The landscape and dynamics of CFB has completely changed, rendering the NU football program helpless. The only difference from being in the Big 12 is that Nebraska is now a higher paid bitch, nothing more. You will now listen and do what Ohio State and Michigan tell you to do.......

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assholes, acting like trolls, posting messages that are intended to aggravate others don't need to be read. The "Ignore User" feature satisfies me.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska's decline is a function of recruiting.
They cannot recruit enough CA, FL, and TX elite players to go play in a cold Midwestern state.
And there is not enough instate talent by itself compared to say even similar Big 10 regions Ohio, Michigan, Wisconsin....

Texas' decline is a function of coaching.
At no point in time did Texas have any problems recruiting.
Austin is a warm weather large city in already talent rich state.
Texas just mismanaged all the talent they landed.

The TEXAS problem (finding a better head coach) is a correctable problem.
The NEBRASKA problem (finding 8-12 better players each year) is a far more serious problem.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a pussy.

I have 0 people on ignore.

I have several people on ignore. There are posters here that loft inane bullshit that isn't worth the eyestrain.

Does this post make my butt look big? This hangnail hurts so bad, ouchies! My feels....

Do you sit in your computer chair and do curls and shit while you post? Drinking a protein shake? Polishing your guns? Fucking bitches and making mad cash bro?

occupantenvy

As to the topic, texas will have glory days again...many more than Nebby I believe. They just have to hope for OU to have a down year for more glory days to take place.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have several people on ignore. There are posters here that loft inane bullshit that isn't worth the eyestrain.

Does this post make my butt look big? This hangnail hurts so bad, ouchies! My feels....

Do you sit in your computer chair and do curls and shit while you post? Drinking a protein shake? Polishing your guns? Fucking bitches and making mad cash bro?

occupantenvy

As to the topic, texas will have glory days again...many more than Nebby I believe. They just have to hope for OU to have a down year for more glory days to take place.

Not really. Mack Brown isn't coach anymore. Strong isn't afraid of Stoops, the way Mack was.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really. Mack Brown isn't coach anymore. Strong isn't afraid of Stoops, the way Mack was.

He will learn to fear.
Yoda%27s_hover_chair.png

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hated that about Mack. He would talk about an upcoming game and it would always be, "They frighten me." smh
I used to fence competively and I was never scared about any opponent and I had matches against National Champions. I lost, but I was never scared.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This post is truly sad, because it is accurate. Realignment has done well in lining pockets, but has destroyed the identity of many schools. Nebraska is not alone traveling in a football desert with no rivals. Arkansas, PSU, A&M, Missouri, and West Virginia travels that desert also. It would be great to go back and do realignment over with money AND fans in mind

Blackshirt

Who is Mike Riley?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you have to use the ignore feature on a message board then your jimmies have been rustled pretty bad. I don't care how many times TexasExes goes full retard, he might one day have something worth reading.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This post is truly sad, because it is accurate. Realignment has done well in lining pockets, but has destroyed the identity of many schools. Nebraska is not alone traveling in a football desert with no rivals. Arkansas, PSU, A&M, Missouri, and West Virginia travels that desert also. It would be great to go back and do realignment over with money AND fans in mind

I've got to admit Osborne was very shrewd. Using the inbred hatred for Texas and the beatdowns to get fan approval for the move to the Big Ten. It's incredibly funny how they don't even realize it. A dumber than "Dumb and Dumber" fanbase ate it up and fucked off hundred year traditions without any objections. They deserved the 70 points that Wisconsin put on them.

Just wondering does anybody know which FCS team they are playing in 2014?
I decided to look it up, McNeese State. I guess they thought they were scheduling a team from Texas when they heard that the nickname was the "Cowboys". I bet it's going to one completely uninteresting game and will get their egos inflated until Miami pops their balloon with a beatdown at home.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were going to have some.

But then Colt got hurt.

:laugh3:

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck you.

Brasky posts pathetic thread after thread, and where is your ass at?

Texas fans talk shit on Nebraska full time on here.

Why? What the fuck has their team done?

Your false sense of self is amusing

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HuskerOC has the nerve to talk about pathetic threads after this train wreck.