• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas After Harbaugh

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
News broke that University of Texas is going to go after Harbaugh and Tomlin hard. I Cant see neither coach leaving to go to the college game. Both are good NFL coaches and Harbaugh still has to win a superbowl. Tomlin might go so he can try and win a NC and be one of few to win a superbowl and NC.

I would be shocked if Harbaugh left us for texas.

Mike Tomlin, Jim Harbaugh reported as possible Texas candidates - CBSSports.com

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Highly doubt Texas is even considering Tomlin. Harbaugh maybe.

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can go after who ever they like. Does anyone honestly think Harbaugh is going to give up his current job to move to Texas and be a college coach?

joshuar56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's some reports that Nick Saban is Texas's next head coach. Some conflicting reports are saying that he's in negotiations to sign an extension with Alabama...
Y! SPORTS

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is one guy's opinion that they should give Harbaugh a look.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Doubt Harbaugh would be interested considering I believe his goal has always been to be an NFL coach.

Also it's not like he's making pennies with the 9ers and factoring in his work to date he would be in line for a raise from that amount.

JMedlock5186

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope he doesnt leave. not for texas

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Supposedly Alabama offered Saban a new contract extension last week on top of the one he already signed in March. Saban has yet to sign off on it though which is causing concern he really is leaving for Texas. If he leaves it won't be over money though. He will be leaving for a new challenge and city to call home. Texas can pay him a ton of money, but I doubt Alabama would have issues coming close or equal to whatever the Longhorns offer.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is one guy's opinion that they should give Harbaugh a look.

You're crazy. Harbaugh isn't perfect but why would you want to get rid of him? And who would you want to bring in to replace him?

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're crazy. Harbaugh isn't perfect but why would you want to get rid of him? And who would you want to bring in to replace him?

Where did you get the idea Ray wanted to get rid of Harbaugh?

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where did you get the idea Ray wanted to get rid of Harbaugh?

Haha, my bad. I thought he was saying "It's one guy's opinion" like "It's my opinion" that they should go after Harbaugh so that we don't have to have him as our coach. Now that I read it again, he's just saying the article doesn't mean anything because it's just one guys opinion.

My bad Ray.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Highly doubt Harbs would do this. His family has been pretty set in California for a while now and harbaugh has a good thing here in SF.

That being said a part of me could see anybody taking this job. The about of money that will be offered will be rediculous. Also Austin is a very nice city to live in. And it's Texas football.

Been talks about Harbs and a contract extension here. I'm sure he will be the highest paid nfl coach very soon. Or at least top 3.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree I don't think Harbaugh Leaves. Makes no sense.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10 million per year and a 1% stake in the the Longhorn TV network (rumored....no source as I was in a bar in Chicago when I saw it) will catch a lot of people's attention.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Dear Longhorns:

extn.jpg

Your Pal,

NinerSickness

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Tim Kawakami:

Again, I think this is all leading to extension talks and a probable new Harbaugh-49ers deal this off-season. But the background is real.

I can see Harbaugh thinking: Win a Super Bowl, then let the real bidding begin. (Whatever his deal situation w/49ers is at the time.)

And I can see the 49ers thinking: If Harbaugh wins a Super Bowl, whatever the team has to go through after that is worth it.

I just spoke to 49ers owner Jed York about Jim Harbaugh and coaching rumors, most recently involving the University of Texas...

Jed York on Harbaugh: "The only thing I'll say is he's in the 3rd year of a 5-year contract, and I love the job that he's doing...

More York: "But now is not the right time to talk about that. We've got 3 games left in the regular season and a potential playoff berth...

York: "We'll sit down at the end of the season & talk--& I hope he has the utmost leverage when we do... meaning after we win a Super Bowl."

--------------------

Jim Harbaugh a reported potential candidate for Texas job | The MMQB with Peter King

Harbaugh, who’s in the third year of that five-year deal, turned down a two-year extension before the start of the season. Why? Only he knows—and the next reporter he allows behind his mental curtain will be the first.

------

• Control

At the college level Harbaugh would have complete control over the program; in San Francisco the final authority rests with general manager Trent Baalke. The men haven’t always been on the same page, but their relationship has worked because they respect each other, and because Baalke has made a point of deferring to the coach in certain situations.

Anyone who has watched Harbaugh on the sideline or seen a GIF of his intense emotional outbursts can deduce that he’s tightly wound when it comes to football, and multiple people who’ve worked with him have told me privately over the years that he can be difficult. They didn’t say it was a bad experience, just that he can be difficult because he’s so intense. Which leads to another potential explanation …