• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Texans @ Kansas City Football Team, the Opener NBC 8:20

Who Will Win

• Total voters

Upinthe North

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got my cable coming back on tomorrow. I hope there are no boycotts because I'm ready for some ball.

I don't want them to, but Chiefs will win. :noidea:

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But i was told by many here that there would never be an NFL season ....

9 days bitches

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's see if the Chiefs have that deadly Superbowl virus..............think that you're so fucking great that you're invincible. As the Broncos. Eagles, Seahawks and the Patriots know, just how hard it is to 'repeat'.?
Chiefs have a huge target in their backs and no one to pound the drum or or do the Yahoo Hatchet Hacks. They depend on fans as much as anyone to pump up the volume.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's see if the Chiefs have that deadly Superbowl virus..............think that you're so fucking great that you're invincible. As the Broncos. Eagles, Seahawks and the Patriots know, just how hard it is to 'repeat'.?
Chiefs have a huge target in their backs and no one to pound the drum or or do the Yahoo Hatchet Hacks. They depend on fans as much as anyone to pump up the volume.
I get the sense from the Chiefs that they felt like they could have done better last season. Digging themselves into a lot of holes than working there way out of them. Neither one of their coordinators were pillaged for another team, Mahomes wasn't named top player or MVP, and the organization is keeping a lot of the same players in place. This isn't a Broncos team or even Eagles team coming in with different QBs. I think they could be motivated. The Dline could certainly play better than they did last year.

I do kinda feel like the Chiefs might have to get creative with hiding their weak spots on defense. I think any top 10 WR prospect can torch whoever they put out on the edge. They also have their issue with run defense off the edge in the scheme they use as most people who watched the Super Bowl noticed. Top 10 edge rushers lined up against Eric Fisher will also give them issues.

In terms of the opening game, the Texans are much more of an unknown. They could win 12 games next year. They could win 6 games next year. Wouldn't be shocked either way.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
9 days until the start of the season!

The only thing that is tempering my enthusiasm is that it is only 43 days until they cancel the season because of COVID.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texans should win this one easily. They have the butt chin factor. Win or lose it will be wild.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When, or have I already missed it?

My daughter is visiting with her 2 cats (makes 4 in the house, 6 if you include my daughter and the missus..), crops are ripening, haven't paid overly much attention..

When is the game?

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When, or have I already missed it?

My daughter is visiting with her 2 cats (makes 4 in the house, 6 if you include my daughter and the missus..), crops are ripening, haven't paid overly much attention..

When is the game?
Apparently all systems are go and they will kick-off the season soon. Within 10 days, I think ... bets are down and all kinds of weird stuff going on, like fans waiting for the first game.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently all systems are go and they will kick-off the season soon. Within 10 days, I think ... bets are down and all kinds of weird stuff going on, like fans waiting for the first game.

Thanks.

I'm not overly optimistic but will take what I get.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
9 days until the start of the season!

The only thing that is tempering my enthusiasm is that it is only 43 days until they cancel the season because of COVID.
Just so I can be clear, what is the exact date you are saying the season will be cancelled?

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just so I can be clear, what is the exact date you are saying the season will be cancelled?

I was just being sarcastic.

I still think they find a way to play all the games. Too much money at stake not just to continue to ram the product forward. But the product is likely to suffer. We could see games where a good team goes up full strength against a bad team that just signed 15 street free agents. Going to be an interesting year to say the least.

I still dont understand why the NFL didnt move the season forward 1 or 2 weeks once they realized they werent going to play preseason games. Having a couple of extra cushion weeks would help incredibly in case they have to postpone a game or two.