• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tennis between Wimbledon and US Open

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm telling you, Directv for majors is awesome. None of the obnoxious ESPN commentators ever.

I hate Directv. Okay, hate is strong. I don't like Directv.

Hs0022

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Liar. :lol:You don't like her not because you are racist but for the fact that she shellacks the woman you love, Shoulderpova! Let us call a spade a spade and not a tool for digging. Sharapova is one person after the hype from her first Wimbledon win, that cannot solve the woman call Serena. People who actually hate/dislike Serena are mostly because of the way she shellacks their favorites. They claim she is classless and all that crap to hide the fact that she actually wipes out those they root for.

Are you still guzzling Shell gasoline? Glib glub glub?

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Liar. :lol:You don't like her not because you are racist but for the fact that she shellacks the woman you love, Shoulderpova! Let us call a spade a spade and not a tool for digging. Sharapova is one person after the hype from her first Wimbledon win, that cannot solve the woman call Serena. People who actually hate/dislike Serena are mostly because of the way she shellacks their favorites. They claim she is classless and all that crap to hide the fact that she actually wipes out those they root for.

I have to disagree. I barely consider women's tennis a sport and think it is barely watchable so I do not have any favorite player.

I think Serena was classless for most of her career until recently. If you want to tout sportsmanship and a champion you would be better served with her sister Venus. Venus could have also had more championships then she does if she played those first 2 or 3 finals against Serena like she wanted to win. Instead she played like she did not want to take it away from her little sister. I think it also taints Serena's number of majors because anyone who saw the matchs knows Venus would have at least 2 more and Serena at least 2 less.

You will also find that most people who do not like Serena tend to like Venus. IMHO:2cents:

Hs0022

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are an idiot. Fuck off.

Dude, you need to chilllax, after gellaxing your hair, then you can think of shellacking. So when is your idol returning to the game? Do you think she will be knocked out early at the open? Hopefully some young gun catches her off day.

Hs0022

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to disagree. I barely consider women's tennis a sport and think it is barely watchable so I do not have any favorite player.

I think Serena was classless for most of her career until recently. If you want to tout sportsmanship and a champion you would be better served with her sister Venus. Venus could have also had more championships then she does if she played those first 2 or 3 finals against Serena like she wanted to win. Instead she played like she did not want to take it away from her little sister. I think it also taints Serena's number of majors because anyone who saw the matchs knows Venus would have at least 2 more and Serena at least 2 less.

You will also find that most people who do not like Serena tend to like Venus. IMHO:2cents:

That is where the match fixing issue arose. Venus didn't know if her younger sister was gonna win multiple slams in the future and threw away a couple of freebies, that is what disgusted me Asa tennis follower to see this sort of family stage show. It's not that hard to take your foot off the gas to let someone back in the match, and I know this from tennis playing experience, that is why I never put too much analysis weight into exhibition matches.

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Old Lion, I normally agree with you more than I disagree with you on tennis issue. But I think you are very wrong here on so many fronts and have bought into the media meme that has dogged the Williams sisters, yes, the Williams sisters (both Venus and Serena) throughout their career.

I think claiming Serena has been classless throughout her career is patently false. Until the 2009 USO incident both the Williams sisters have been known to comport themselves well and become ambassadors of the game. They never question line calls even the ones that were obviously in their favor. The only one that Serena made an issue even though not a big one was when Justine Henin raised her hand in FO and then claimed she never did. Yet the media never said Henin was classless. In fact there are incidents too numerous to count that they have been cheated on but not complained. It even prompted Chris Evert to claim that the William sisters should protest more at some of the calls. Up till this day Venus everyone knows has never questioned any calls including the latest with Petra Kvitova that could have changed the game. She never questioned it.

The only blemish on Serena was the 2009 USO where she got emotional and went over the top. Now, I challenge you to point out any incident prior to this that Serena was ever accused of protesting or behaving badly.
Another false assertion is the point that Venus would have won if she had not felt pity on her little sister. That is completely false. Some of us are old enough to remember what Richard Williams said when Venus came on the scene. I was in Oakland, California when he made that statement that he had a young daughter who was even much better than Venus. Her name is Serena. The media laughed and did not take him serious. He was their coach and in many statements claimed Serena was much better than Venus because of her killer instinct, unsurpassed talent and fear of losing. It is sad to see people denigrate Serena achievement because they claim she played her sister in finals who felt pity on her. Their careers do not bear that one out because it is now ridiculous to see both of their play and still claim Venus felt sorry for Serena when Serena is by far the better player.

Your last paragraph stretches credulity since the media has lumped them together and its sycophantic fans do not separate the two. All that you need to see is go back to the ESPN Tennis board we all used to belong to or the CBS one and you will find your statement holds no water.

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is where the match fixing issue arose. Venus didn't know if her younger sister was gonna win multiple slams in the future and threw away a couple of freebies, that is what disgusted me Asa tennis follower to see this sort of family stage show. It's not that hard to take your foot off the gas to let someone back in the match, and I know this from tennis playing experience, that is why I never put too much analysis weight into exhibition matches.

I am always amused at your posts because I know you have no fucking idea what you are talking about. You just repeat some of the nonsense bandied about by the media pundits. This whole match-fixing nonsense started as a joke by Elena Dementieva that the lazy pundits in the media jumped on it and when Venus withdrew from Indian Wells in 2001 it fed into the speculative nonsense that she did it for Serena because her father said so. This canard was allowed to fester by the media which for some strange reason hated these two and claimed the matches between the two is boring and not much drama in heir matches.

Considering the achievement of Serena don't you look moronic to continue this match-fixing nonsense?

NADAL2005RG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nadal appears to be the most enthusiastic tennis player on tour right now, because he's got a new service action specially made for the US hardcourt season, and a vintage Rafa outfit (no sleeves). So I'm extremely confident that he'll win his 3rd US Open title and 15th slam title and move on to Australia for the Double Career Grand Slam.
Rafael Nadal?s Retirement Plan Includes Becoming Pro Poker Player; Spaniard To Unveil New Serve at US Open - International Business Times
Bs0a7HkCYAE6AJJ.jpg

Hs0022

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the older dog is teaching the old dog new tricks?

NADAL2005RG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally America has a new Sampras-Agassi-type rivalry.

NADAL2005RG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish Agassi had beaten Sampras more times at majors.

Agassi didn't play the Australian Open until 1995.
If Agassi played it before that, maybe Sampras wouldn't have won the AO in 1994.
And while Agassi took a holiday (1997), Sampras won the AO.
Also the French Open they only met once.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draws - Tennis - ATP World Tour

Draw for the upcoming tournament

More quality players in this tourney as Birdman, Kei, Lopez, Gasquet, Anderson, & Raonic are all playing

Also marks the tour-level debut for Francis Tiafoe (16) and Jared Donaldson (17), two of the best junior prospects in US tennis. Tiafoe won the Orange Bowl last year at age 15 and was ranked as the #2 Junior in the world earlier this year. Donaldson's been really hot recently, beating several top college players on his way to three straight Futures titles.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OT: I kind of like seeing bksballer89's avatar change every few weeks, haha. I get a feeling for what's on his mind.