• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Tennessee @ Florida

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
9 total turnovers

602 total yards

...riveting.

TonyTheGator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
9 total turnovers

602 total yards

...riveting.

Actually, the correct word would be "pitiful". However, I think if the coaches had more confidence in Murphy, he would have already been getting some playing time. As a Gator fan, I can only hope that Murphy can get the job done well enough to still have a decent season.

ktg8trgrl

Go Gators!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
few pics:

Attachments

• kickoff ut.jpg
    kickoff ut.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 37
  • pregrame ut.jpg
    pregrame ut.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 36
  • 4th qtr ut.jpg
    4th qtr ut.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 43

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice pics....looking forward to the day when the place is jammed. Back to Driskel. I still believe he can become a great quarterback. He reminds me of Mettenberger who for the past couple of years played poorly and this year is one of the top 5 quarterbacks in the country.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the first time I had seen Murphy play......actually never heard of him before yesterdays second half. And he looked like a lot of fun.

I saw a lot of good in that kid and it may be just the energy UF needs this year.

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice pics....looking forward to the day when the place is jammed. Back to Driskel. I still believe he can become a great quarterback. He reminds me of Mettenberger who for the past couple of years played poorly and this year is one of the top 5 quarterbacks in the country.

But do you believe Murphy can be better than Diskel?

I don't think we would have had a chance in hell of winning the SEC this year with Jeff at the helm... and although I don't believe Murphy will be much better THIS year.. I think Murphy may be a better long-term option.

I was impressed with his play coming in having never throw a pass in a college game.. great feet.. good decision making for the most part. Give him a solid year of experience without getting hurt and I would be hard pressed to put Jeff back in the starting slot if Murphy keeps playing well.

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
9 total turnovers

602 total yards

...riveting.

Way to read the stat line... you are a true sports genius! :)

Nevermind the fact we had two QB's who had NEVER played in college play most of the game.

Sad part is Florida would probably still beat OU... even as much as we are struggling this year... because our D is still elite and OU doesn't see a stout D all year.

ktg8trgrl

Go Gators!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think we would have had a chance in hell of winning the SEC this year with Jeff at the helm... and although I don't believe Murphy will be much better THIS year.. I think Murphy may be a better long-term option.

I was impressed with his play coming in having never throw a pass in a college game.. great feet.. good decision making for the most part. Give him a solid year of experience without getting hurt and I would be hard pressed to put Jeff back in the starting slot if Murphy keeps playing well.

I for one do... he has quicker second read skills.. he was a lil unsure during his first few plays and then during a break you could see the team huddle around him and give him a pep talk.. he settled down and got down to work.. his second reads are faster and he makes his decisions faster and does not try to force a play... Im telling yall the team has a better rapport with Murphy.. and I believe this has every thing to do with the fact that they all practiced mostly with him during fall camp while Driskell was out with an appendicitis..

TonyTheGator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This guy is on our roster, and I would like to see him get some playing time. He is an accurate pocket passer, and has a cannon for an arm.

Football Recruiting - Max Staver - Player Profiles - ESPN

ktg8trgrl

Go Gators!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
btw did you all know this lil interesting fact.. the Gators have

6 Jeff Driskel QB Height6' 4" Class JR
Hometown Oviedo Weight239 lbs.
Experience 2L

9 Jacob Guy QB
Height 6' 5"
CLASS RFR
HometownDade City Weight210 lbs.
Experience SQ
School Pasco

19Ryan McGriff.
QB
Height6' 0"
CLASSR SO
Hometown Gainesville.
Weight 203 lbs.
Experience SQ
School Gainesville

17Skyler Mornhinweg.
QB
Height6' 2"
CLASSRFR
Hometown Philadelphia, Pa..

Weight214 lbs.
Experience SQ
SchoolSt. Joseph's Prep

3Tyler Murphy.
QB
Height6' 2"
CLASSRJR
Hometown Wethersfield, Conn..

Weight 210 lbs.
Experience SQ
School Wethersfield

13Christian Provancha.
QB
Height 6' 6"
CLASS RJR
HometownCocoa.

Weight 223 lbs.
Experience SQ
School Cocoa Beach

12Max Staver.
QB
Height 6' 6"
CLASS FR
Hometown Brentwood, Tenn..
Weight 238 lbs.
Experience HS
School Brentwood Academy

14Chris Wilkes.
QB
Height 6' 4"
CLASS FR
HometownOrlando.
Weight 230 lbs.
Experience HS
School Dr. Phillips

So there is no reason that we couldnt have tried one of these other guys.. right now the the peckin order is.. Driskell, Murphy, and Mornhinweg .. then everybody else.. however there is Chris Wilkes.. he is the walk on that went out of highschool to go play for the padres for a few years and decided to come back to school.. and made it as a qb.. he is also like 23 and this is what the scouts were saying about him this summer:

This young man is a ways away from being what he could be, but he has the measurables and a monster of an arm for coaches to work with and develop. Wilkes has a cannon for an arm and can make all the throws anywhere on the field. [...] He is a big, strong pocket passer with adequate athleticism, but needs to be protected to be at his best. He shows great velocity on all throws and can fit the ball into tight spots. [...] Flashes the ability to throw on time and read progressions. At this stage, he is all arm and Wilkes must learn to be a quarterback. He lacks great feet and quickness in his drop and set up. Can be heavy footed a bit. Is not a guy that will create much on his own and when he gets rushed, he will hold onto the ball too long. As much as you like his arm, he will spray the ball around and can be erratic. Must improve footwork to improve accuracy. Isn’t consistent yet in his production.

occupant

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Way to read the stat line... you are a true sports genius! :)

Nevermind the fact we had two QB's who had NEVER played in college play most of the game.

Sad part is Florida would probably still beat OU... even as much as we are struggling this year... because our D is still elite and OU doesn't see a stout D all year.

I would face a better offense before I started spouting ELITE defense nonsense.

U mad bro?

ktg8trgrl

Go Gators!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

U mad bro?

Starting cornerback Marcus Roberson was out with a knee injury, while fellow starter Loucheiz Purifoy left the game early with a leg injury. Brian Poole was ejected in the fourth quarter after being called for targeting. Still, the Gators held Tennessee's two quarterbacks to just 154 yards and a touchdown on 14 of 34 passing. Florida also recorded four interceptions. Coaches were able to move guys all around the secondary, too. Freshman corner Vernon Hargeaves III had another impressive outing, registering three pass breakups. Florida gave up a touchdown pass late on a blown assignment, but the secondary really showed it's quality depth inside the Swamp Saturday.

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

U mad bro?

LOL..

I am not mad at all... in fact I heard the same crap from many OU fans back in 2008 about how elite the offense was. Same thing we heard from Texas and Texas Tech that year too...

Got exposed by the SEC.

I am not sure why you seem satisfied to troll SEC thread constantly with non-value added post... that is the real question.

occupant

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL..

I am not mad at all... in fact I heard the same crap from many OU fans back in 2008 about how elite the offense was. Same thing we heard from Texas and Texas Tech that year too...

Got exposed by the SEC.

I am not sure why you seem satisfied to troll SEC thread constantly with non-value added post... that is the real question.

What is trollish about detailing the sloppy play in place at the game in question?

Do you deny that the game was ugly as a mud fence?

Why do you feel the need to attack OU as a result of the consensus view that the Florida/Tennessee game was painful to watch?

Yeah...u mad.:lol:

ktg8trgrl

Go Gators!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is trollish about detailing the sloppy play in place at the game in question?

Do you deny that the game was ugly as a mud fence?Why do you feel the need to attack OU as a result of the consensus view that the Florida/Tennessee game was painful to watch?

Yeah...u mad.:lol:

I do.. parts of it werent pretty, mainly the first quarter and a half.. after a new qb went in and he got a few plays under his belt things were much better .. and if you couldnt tell that I don't know what game you were watching.. Murphy did not throw and interception yesterday and no fumbles on his behalf either..the turnovers were forced except for the INT that Driskell threw in in the first quarter

TonyTheGator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do.. parts of it werent pretty, mainly the first quarter and a half.. after a new qb went in and he got a few plays under his belt things were much better .. and if you couldnt tell that I don't know what game you were watching.. Murphy did not throw and interception yesterday and no fumbles on his behalf either..the turnovers were forced except for the INT that Driskell threw in in the first quarter

Actually, that statement is arguable. The defender was wrapping up Driskel, from behind, when Driskel was throwing the ball, thus it was a forced turnover, IMO.

occupant

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm glad you're glad with the way your team played.

There were 9 turnovers in the game.

That is exceptional. No?

TonyTheGator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Actually, that statement is arguable. The defender was wrapping up Driskel, from behind, when Driskel was throwing the ball, thus it was a forced turnover, IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

IMO, this Florida team needs Murphy. The O-line is unable to establish a proper pocket and time for a drop back passer to play. Florida needs to spread the defense and let the fast guys do their thing in space. When Murphy came in yesterday, Tennessee had to defend the corners and respect Murphy's ability to run. That lead to more time to pass when he dropped back into the pocket. Haven't seen enough of Murphy to know just how good he can be. He looked very good yesterday and threw some excellent passes. I think we all were pleasantly surprised. When Driskel could run, he also was very effective, however, IMO, his passing was suspect. Driskel has all the potential...time will tell.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Driskel has all the potential...time will tell.

Time will tell what...that Driskel is going to graduate before he does anything of significance at UF...I'm just sad that the injury had to come before you guys spent another year deluding yourselves into thinking he is a legit quarterback.

Some of you even tried to convince us he was a legit Heisman candidate...

Florida is a better team with Murphy and you guys should be thankful to Tennessee for making this a necessity.