• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

teams in the KC race this off season

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
could the 49ers use jimmy g as a trade chip for cousins

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some team will overpay for him because it is a weak QB market.

weak QB market? explain that one. Just of the top of my head I see Bortles, Alex Smith, Brees,Eli, Keeenum, Taylor, Bradford, Dalton, and the 2018 draft qb class. I woudnt call that weak.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And IM OK with Moses as a starter, but I didnt want him to be extended.

Being OK with it, doesnt mean its the outcome one was hoping for.

not the same thing you bashed moses from day 1, I never did that with KC.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bradford , injury prone , dalton mundane , bortles CFL taylor is still under contract keenum avg eli on life support

none are even in the same class as KC except brees and he aint going anywhere

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
weak QB market? explain that one. Just of the top of my head I see Bortles, Alex Smith, Brees,Eli, Keeenum, Taylor, Bradford, Dalton, and the 2018 draft qb class. I woudnt call that weak.
Brees isn't leaving the Saints and the rest of that group is weak.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see the Red Rifle in DC next year because of his ties to Gruden

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol. weak?
Very week. Cousins is the cream of the crop. The Redskins need to lock him up. Lots of teams would want him.

Browns
Texans
Giants
Vikings
Cardinals
Bengals
Jaguar
Dolphins
Chiefs
Broncos
And maybe others.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The teams that have the best shot at KC this offseason, imo, are:
Washington
Denver
Jacksonville

Washington will get the first shot at him and they know what it'll take to keep him--so they either want him at the price or they don't. The other two will have the space to sign him and the pieces around KC to be successful, so they will be attractive landing spots.

If KC doesn't sign long term we better hope some team offers us some draft picks. I just hope there are good offers from the transition tag.
The Skins blew their chance to get max value for KC last offseason.

1. If the transition tag is used, the Skins won't be getting draft picks at all. Under the TT, all the other team has to do is sign KC to an offer sheet that the Skins can't/won't match.

2. Skins get a 3rd rd comp in 2019 if they use no tags at all he signs elsewhere as a FA.

3. The nonexclusive franchise tag means they can try to trade him, but KC will essentially have veto power b/c no team will trade him for unless they can sign him to a LTD.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The teams that have the best shot at KC this offseason, imo, are:
Washington
Denver
Jacksonville

3. The nonexclusive franchise tag means they can try to trade him, but KC will essentially have veto power b/c no team will trade him for unless they can sign him to a LTD.

I'm inclined to add Arizona to that list. Ironically, Kirk will get a close up look at potential future teammates this week.

About the nonexclusive tag, doesn't it allow any team to offer Kirk a contract, have him sign the offer knowing that Washington, then has the option to keep him at those agreed to terms or be compensated with two 1st round picks?

(NOT saying that DC will get two firsts, but that those are IN FACT the specifics of the NEFT.)

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm inclined to add Arizona to that list. Ironically, Kirk will get a close up look at potential future teammates this week.
Good point. AZ's coach and those young WRs will be a big draw.

About the nonexclusive tag, doesn't it allow any team to offer Kirk a contract, have him sign the offer knowing that Washington, then has the option to keep him at those agreed to terms or be compensated with two 1st round picks?
Yes. B/c the Skins have backed themselves into a corner, the franchise tag is the best choice out of a bunch of bad choices imo. I still can't believe Snyder will allow a 34M tag to be put on Cousins. It just blows my mind. No way...but if any owner was going to do it, it would be Danny.

When i say KC has veto power on the tag, I mean he's in the driver's seat. Once the tag is used, he'll sign the tender immediately, guaranteeing himself 34M and preventing the Skins from rescinding it. Then, he can pick a team and figure out a contract that works for him, but he won't sign it until that team agrees to a trade package with Washington. The downside is that everyone knows that this is the Skins last chance to get anything for Cousins, so they're not negotiating from a position of great strength.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes. B/c the Skins have backed themselves into a corner, the franchise tag is the best choice out of a bunch of bad choices imo. I still can't believe Snyder will allow a 34M tag to be put on Cousins. It just blows my mind. No way...but if any owner was going to do it, it would be Danny.

When i say KC has veto power on the tag, I mean he's in the driver's seat. Once the tag is used, he'll sign the tender immediately, guaranteeing himself 34M and preventing the Skins from rescinding it. Then, he can pick a team and figure out a contract that works for him, but he won't sign it until that team agrees to a trade package with Washington. The downside is that everyone knows that this is the Skins last chance to get anything for Cousins, so they're not negotiating from a position of great strength.

The FO screwed the pooch on this one in Cousin's first year as a starter. They could have signed him for relative peanuts before that first year was up. No foresight, no football knowledge, no smarts.

I think Griffin was a Snyder/Allen decision and Cousin's was a Shanahan decision and they just can't live with the fact that they screwed up again. Instead they have played this ridiculous game of prove it until they look like the morons they are.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[QUOTE="Sportster 72, post: 10992646, member: 5

Instead they have played this ridiculous game of prove it until they look like the morons they are.[/QUOTE]

On the bright side, they did win the ridiculous game of "prove it"....aren't they morons??:D

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fuck strength. The Skins brass wields something they are much more familiar with and use with great frequency. Ass backwards stupidity and rationale. We're ridin this birch thill gthe fall off, homey.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it's personal. I think Kirk knows what Champ knew. This franchise is completely disfuntional and the chances of winning here on a consistent basis are slim to none. Could be wrong. Kirk could sign long term and make us all look like idiots. Who knows. That's just my sense of things right now.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it's personal. I think Kirk knows what Champ knew. This franchise is completely disfuntional and the chances of winning here on a consistent basis are slim to none. Could be wrong. Kirk could sign long term and make us all look like idiots. Who knows. That's just my sense of things right now.

While the reason you give for 86ing the Skins is certainly plausible in both Champ's and KC's situations. RC or Rumor Control, had it that Champ was caught snakin a local female sports reporter and his wife gave him a choice. Champ could leave the DC area after the season was over or she'd leave him. Champ choose his wife, Hello, Denver. Here we come. Is it true? I can't call it, but it's plausible.

I do recall an article about, I dunno, 3-5 weeks into the 2003 season where Champ pretty much said 'Fuck this mickey mouse outfit. I don't wanna be here anymore."

But if it's Cuz's rationale. I gotta give him some metaphorical dap for workin Snyder's ass on his way out the door. Not too many NFL players, at least since they started slotting draft picks, and probably back then as well, have seen what? 43, 44 million dollars paid in full for 2 years work and if he gets him for that third year. Kirk Cousins will enter into "Pimp on, Pimpin!" territory.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While the reason you give for 86ing the Skins is certainly plausible in both Champ's and KC's situations. RC or Rumor Control, had it that Champ was caught snakin a local female sports reporter and his wife gave him a choice. Champ could leave the DC area after the season was over or she'd leave him. Champ choose his wife, Hello, Denver. Here we come. Is it true? I can't call it, but it's plausible.

I do recall an article about, I dunno, 3-5 weeks into the 2003 season where Champ pretty much said 'Fuck this mickey mouse outfit. I don't wanna be here anymore."

But if it's Cuz's rationale. I gotta give him some metaphorical dap for workin Snyder's ass on his way out the door. Not too many NFL players, at least since they started slotting draft picks, and probably back then as well, have seen what? 43, 44 million dollars paid in full for 2 years work and if he gets him for that third year. Kirk Cousins will enter into "Pimp on, Pimpin!" territory.

Hmm - that story about Bailey kind of sounds like the whole deal with SM and Diane Russini. Is there any way that we can possibly arrange a setup where we can dupe Allen & get his ass out of DC? Please someone tell me that this is possible.