• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Team USA Olympic Basketball

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, chemistry definitely matters. But it's not like France had any more preparation than team USA

They didn't but their group been together longer. Pretty certain the guys like Fournier and Rudy for example been playing together for the last 3-4 international competitions

DetroitDevil

Consoles are for ages 3 and up & broke adults.
Supporting Member Level 2
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lost
To
France…

So sad.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They didn't but their group been together longer. Pretty certain the guys like Fournier and Rudy for example been playing together for the last 3-4 international competitions

Looking back at the last Olympics in Rio, USA played France back then too and beat them.

Only 3 players remain from the Team USA squad. 4 players remain from the France team. There's hardly a difference there.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bring back the all college teams, they're not overrated crybabies

When's the last time you watched an entire NBA game? And which team do you root for?

Picklerick 2.0

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5am PST on a Sunday?

Fuck That GIF by memecandy
God damn planet has to be all globe shaped and shit.

Picklerick 2.0

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A bunch of bitches that get drafted for pure talent, then get to do what they want because the nba is a joke now. They wonder why they are losing to an inferior talented team who plays together?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A bunch of bitches that get drafted for pure talent, then get to do what they want because the nba is a joke now. They wonder why they are losing to an inferior talented team who plays together?

Ever hear of team chemistry? That's something Team USA is lacking.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking back at the last Olympics in Rio, USA played France back then too and beat them.

Only 3 players remain from the Team USA squad. 4 players remain from the France team. There's hardly a difference there.

A lot of foreign born NBA players play for their countries National Team in the off-season. If memory serves, the Gasols, for example, played for Spains National team for years.

A lot of the teams like France may only have a few guys that were on the last Olympic team, but most of the guys on this team, have been playing in International tournaments together. Team USA doesn't do that for whatever reason. So the current French team may only have 1 more player from the last Olympics. But it's likely, they've still been playing together more.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of foreign born NBA players play for their countries National Team in the off-season. If memory serves, the Gasols, for example, played for Spains National team for years.

A lot of the teams like France may only have a few guys that were on the last Olympic team, but most of the guys on this team, have been playing in International tournaments together. Team USA doesn't do that for whatever reason. So the current French team may only have 1 more player from the last Olympics. But it's likely, they've still been playing together more.

Yep and looking back at their roster, at least 3 of the following been on the roster since 2014 FIBA World Cup. Batum, Fournier, De Collo, Gobert, or Poirier.

They played 8 different tournaments during that time. That is a whole lot of time to build chemistry for a quarter of the team. I'm sure some of the other guys been around for some of those tournaments as well

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meanwhile for team USA, they played 2 tournaments since 2014.

The only players who played together are KD and Green (2016 olympics) and Middleton and Tatum (2019 World Championships)

That is a huge difference compared to damn near every summer preparing for some tournament in europe

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, chemistry definitely matters. But it's not like France had any more preparation than team USA

More prep?

No.

But, their team is a lot closer to being the same every year.

So a lot easier to gel quickly.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think the reason it is pretty clear.

Playing international ball in the summers is a grind. Guys don’t want to do it unless it is the Olympics.

But that whole roll the ball out and beat everybody doesn’t work anymore. The world has caught up too much.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More prep?

No.

But, their team is a lot closer to being the same every year.

So a lot easier to gel quickly.

And as I pointed out they played much more tournaments compared to USA.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the reason it is pretty clear.

Playing international ball in the summers is a grind. Guys don’t want to do it unless it is the Olympics.

But that whole roll the ball out and beat everybody doesn’t work anymore. The world has caught up too much.

Oh, I know why they don't. That was more facetious than anything.

I like the idea, I think you posted it, of some "near NBA level guys" who are essentially the National Team and then fill in the roster with some NBA players to bolster it. I think that was the basics of it. That's pretty much how the other countries do it.

That, or get NBA guys to commit 2 years ahead of the Olympics to work out and play a tournament or 2 each summer to prepare. Have to have some guys ready to go as alternates in case something happened. It's not as much as what the other countries are doing as far as playing together, but it's better than what they're doing now. Heck, 1 year ahead of time might even be enough depending on how many tournaments they could play in.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I know why they don't. That was more facetious than anything.

I like the idea, I think you posted it, of some "near NBA level guys" who are essentially the National Team and then fill in the roster with some NBA players to bolster it. I think that was the basics of it. That's pretty much how the other countries do it.

That, or get NBA guys to commit 2 years ahead of the Olympics to work out and play a tournament or 2 each summer to prepare. Have to have some guys ready to go as alternates in case something happened. It's not as much as what the other countries are doing as far as playing together, but it's better than what they're doing now. Heck, 1 year ahead of time might even be enough depending on how many tournaments they could play in.
I just have a feeling that is what will have to happen at some point. If these current guys can’t win with the level of effort they are currently putting in it they won’t do it any more.