• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Team(s) in LA?

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
The Raiders were originally from Oakland, the Rams were originally from Cleveland.

So, I hope you see that if L.A. tried to sue on the same grounds that Cleveland did for the Browns... it wouldn't have worked.

I don't think L.A. would have sued anyways, they aren't defined by the NFL. So they didn't need to protect that image. Unlike Cleveland, if it wasn't for the Browns and Indians... nobody would even know Cleveland existed.

True story. I live 2 hours away. hate that city

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
does it get voted on by the citizens? I am guessing so. And if so, and it passes, then that is what the people want. So be it.

Getting it paid for was shot down. That's what is being complained about.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Raiders were originally from Oakland, the Rams were originally from Cleveland.

So, I hope you see that if L.A. tried to sue on the same grounds that Cleveland did for the Browns... it wouldn't have worked.

I don't think L.A. would have sued anyways, they aren't defined by the NFL. So they didn't need to protect that image. Unlike Cleveland, if it wasn't for the Browns and Indians... nobody would even know Cleveland existed.

I wasn't suggesting that LA should have sued, just that they first off should have done SOMETHING for one of those teams to stay and second they should have done something in the last couple of decades to fix this before now. Like I said, obviously it's not that important.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it is a wise investment, a private investor can make it.

Then is the city and state going to allow them to keep all the profits? Monopolize their respective district with hotels, restaurants and night clubs?

A completely privately funded arena in a city that can host that many events will kill so much revenue because citizens who are so short sighted it is incredible. It's truly not hard, slightly raise a tax in the city or state or whatever until the stadium is paid off. Raise a tax for out of city residents staying in hotels, and add a tax on local hotspots until the stadium is paid off. That is how Safeco Field was paid off 8 years prior to it's expected date. Safeco Field held baseball games, a few concerts, superjam and wrestlemania...how many events could a 80,000 seat stadium in fricking Miami hold?

Shortsight kills long term gains...business 101

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no restriction to one privatel built arena, or to allow them to have any type of monopoly.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then is the city and state going to allow them to keep all the profits? Monopolize their respective district with hotels, restaurants and night clubs?

A completely privately funded arena in a city that can host that many events will kill so much revenue because citizens who are so short sighted it is incredible. It's truly not hard, slightly raise a tax in the city or state or whatever until the stadium is paid off. Raise a tax for out of city residents staying in hotels, and add a tax on local hotspots until the stadium is paid off. That is how Safeco Field was paid off 8 years prior to it's expected date. Safeco Field held baseball games, a few concerts, superjam and wrestlemania...how many events could a 80,000 seat stadium in fricking Miami hold?

Shortsight kills long term gains...business 101

You're right, it's not hard at all to raise our taxes and let us foot the bill. Yeah, just charge us more taxes, that works!! They raise the social security tax to keep this important program viable and the backlash is predictable and sad. Our president tells us that he can get us all healthcare coverage without even raising our taxes and the people of this country have a fit because they don't want to take care of other people. Let's chop Medicare funding, infrastructure funding, welfare funding, we don't need social programs, we need a stadium. There probably isn't a school system in this entire country that is properly funded which I guess is why we are dumb enough to be OK with voting for a new arena for our basketball/hockey teams while our kids get dumber and dumber. Yep, our priorities are in place!!! Hey, we may no longer have the most educated people, we may not be the richest country, we may be losing our standing as the world leader, we don't even seem to have the work ethic any more as people in some other countries BUT.....at least we have the best publicly funded stadiums in the world!!!

BlackWidow

Black Widow
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow I'm surprised there isn't a raiders fan in here with the whole "raiders will go back to LA" nonsense.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right, it's not hard at all to raise our taxes and let us foot the bill. Yeah, just charge us more taxes, that works!! They raise the social security tax to keep this important program viable and the backlash is predictable and sad. Our president tells us that he can get us all healthcare coverage without even raising our taxes and the people of this country have a fit because they don't want to take care of other people. Let's chop Medicare funding, infrastructure funding, welfare funding, we don't need social programs, we need a stadium. There probably isn't a school system in this entire country that is properly funded which I guess is why we are dumb enough to be OK with voting for a new arena for our basketball/hockey teams while our kids get dumber and dumber. Yep, our priorities are in place!!! Hey, we may no longer have the most educated people, we may not be the richest country, we may be losing our standing as the world leader, we don't even seem to have the work ethic any more as people in some other countries BUT.....at least we have the best publicly funded stadiums in the world!!!

You're going to compare SSI to a slight tax that can be paid off within 3 years in a city like Miami? It took Seattle 7 years to pay off the slight tax and "outsiders" tax with just baseball games, a few lousy concerts and a Wrestlemania. Miami can hold all that shit in a month, plus the Orange Bowl, a BCS playoff game, a NCAA basketball game, some crappy U2 concert. Kids getting dumber and dumber has to do with lazy parents, not professional sports.

Exactly how is it strictly publically funded?

DieHardForever397

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL still possible to come to the city of angels?

We are still waiting and waiting for the NFL to relocate to L.A. It's funny how the second largest market in the united states cannot support an NFL franchise. And being the 2nd biggest city in the U.S as well. l.A actually wants 2 teams instead of one. Think this will honestly work out? I'd say jaguars & chargers move to L.A. The saints might want to think about it as well because the superdome is really a bad place for the nfl. Their is still some damage from Katrina even though they renovated it. Saints played some of their games in San Antonio which worked out well, so maybe they should have moved their since no new stadium has been built for NAWLINS.

DieHardForever397

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are still waiting and waiting for the NFL to relocate to L.A. It's funny how the second largest market in the united states cannot support an NFL franchise. And being the 2nd biggest city in the U.S as well. l.A actually wants 2 teams instead of one. Think this will honestly work out? I'd say jaguars & chargers move to L.A. The saints might want to think about it as well because the superdome is really a bad place for the nfl. Their is still some damage from Katrina even though they renovated it. Saints played some of their games in San Antonio which worked out well, so maybe they should have moved their since no new stadium has been built for NAWLINS.
the NFL should have came back to la in 2002 but was rewarded to the city of Houston instead.

DieHardForever397

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes but the jaguars are certainly good candidates to move their, or New Orleans. Saints are playing well now so probably not but maybe the Rams will comeback to LA who knows.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes but the jaguars are certainly good candidates to move their, or New Orleans. Saints are playing well now so probably not but maybe the Rams will comeback to LA who knows.

Jags are not great candidates to move because of their lease if I recall. If I bet on any of the current teams to move to LA, it would be the Raiders and Rams.

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope it's not through expansion. There's already not enough talent at QB and WR to go around.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LA already has 2 Stadiums ready for construction, shovel's are good to go. It's just a matter of what team wants to relocate, since the NFL right now at the current moment does not want to add an expansion team to LA, because they like the amount of teams they have evenly. So relocation is the only option but it will happend, one thing is for sure any team that comes to LA will double in value very fast. All NFL & ESPN west coast headquarters are here in LA..Lets make it happend :10:

Downtown LA Farmers Field
here-are-some-brand-new-designs-for-the-1-billion-los-angeles-nfl-stadium.jpg

City Of Industry LA STADIUM

img20400585.jpg

ONEPANTHERSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LA will eventually get another team. And that team will eventually leave LA for a better deal.

LA has had multiple teams over the years and for whatever reasons has refused to support them.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LA already has 2 Stadiums ready for construction, shovel's are good to go. It's just a matter of what team wants to relocate, since the NFL right now at the current moment does not want to add an expansion team to LA, because they like the amount of teams they have evenly. So relocation is the only option but it will happend, one thing is for sure any team that comes to LA will double in value very fast. All NFL & ESPN west coast headquarters are here in LA..Lets make it happend :10:

Downtown LA Farmers Field
here-are-some-brand-new-designs-for-the-1-billion-los-angeles-nfl-stadium.jpg

City Of Industry LA STADIUM

img20400585.jpg

Right next to Staples Center would be a BITCH for traffic.