• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Team board participation

td2play

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on guys the season is only a couple of days away. I enjoy conversation with like minded or right minded people (Sooners)! Time to step it up. There is no reason with our fan base that we should go days without a post in this forum. So let's get it started. What do you expect from the first game against LA Tech? I expect a whole lot of running game and physical football to try and establish the tone for the season. Stoops and company made an effort last season to bring back smash mouth football and I think that theme continues into this season. I think Knight may have 20 attempts or fewer in this game. Don't know if that will be a mistake since all the inexperience is at WR. I think Bell catches his first TD at TE. All that said I think the defense will be the star this season early. I'm predicting a shut out in two of the first three games!

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect the defense to look dominant. Even moreso than in the first couple of games last season. This defensive unit is greatly improved.

I expect almost zero running from Knight. There will be a big emphasis on pounding the rock with our three backs to help the O line set the stone to be explosive coming off the line and dominate the line of scrimmage. The offensive play calling will be very vanilla I think. I think knight will attempt around 20 passes at most. I'm hoping he comes out confident and accurate.

td2play

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is the weather supposed to be like in Norman this weekend? Tech is going to come in shape and ready to play. Ruston LA is just a little less hot than hell itself in August. They don't quite get the big time recruits from the area (those all go to LSU) but they will have some talent. I know they are going to want to spread us out and throw the ball. The secondary is going to get a workout.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is the weather supposed to be like in Norman this weekend? Tech is going to come in shape and ready to play. Ruston LA is just a little less hot than hell itself in August. They don't quite get the big time recruits from the area (those all go to LSU) but they will have some talent. I know they are going to want to spread us out and throw the ball. The secondary is going to get a workout.

High of mid to upper 80's with a 40% chance of rain. La Tech's O-line is really suspect. If they try to spread the ball I think you're going to see our guys get a ton of pressure on the qb.

td2play

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
High of mid to upper 80's with a 40% chance of rain. La Tech's O-line is really suspect. If they try to spread the ball I think you're going to see our guys get a ton of pressure on the qb.

Great we will get to see what this D-line is made of. Hopefully they get double digit sacks!

sooner78wakeboard

Sooner Born, Sooner Bred
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am wanting to see Trevor Knight throw the deep ball and our WR's step it up. This game I think it's a given that we are going to run all over L-Tech but when teams load the box we need to rely upon Trevor's ball skills and WR's hands.

On a side note....my pretty much go to page for Sooner information is The Football Brainiacs. It's made up of guy's who follow OU football and it's free.

They write about all kinds of information The Football Brainiacs

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sold on Knight yet. He needs to stay healthy. The running game worries me with mostly new backs, and except for Sterling so do the WRs.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am wanting to see Trevor Knight throw the deep ball and our WR's step it up. This game I think it's a given that we are going to run all over L-Tech but when teams load the box we need to rely upon Trevor's ball skills and WR's hands.

On a side note....my pretty much go to page for Sooner information is The Football Brainiacs. It's made up of guy's who follow OU football and it's free.

They write about all kinds of information The Football Brainiacs

I think you'll see more of that against Tennessee and Tulsa. I think this game is largely about setting the tone for our offensive line, running game, and defense.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sold on Knight yet. He needs to stay healthy. The running game worries me with mostly new backs, and except for Sterling so do the WRs.

WR is the biggest question

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll just spend a little more and go to the game.

BoomerNTX

~Boomer FN Sooner~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think offensively, we grind it out mostly, with Knight trying to distribute the ball, but winds up targeting Shepard most successfully. We will see Bell get some touches as well. Mostly, Knight needs to be patient and save his legs for the 2nd half of the season when things heat up.
Defensively, we will be too much for LaT. just that.
Special teams will be interesting. Was one area of concern. Not so much the kicking end, but coverage.