• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

TCU vs. WVU

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Terrible ending to the TCU vs. WVU game. Official clearly didn't call the foul until after the time had run out and they went to an official review and put .9 seconds on the clock and gave WVU two free throws down by one to win the game.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was absolute bullshit. We lost that game. My apologies if there are any hornfrog fans on the hoop. What's more is we deserved to lose too.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
crazy day of bball. Marquette/gtown is insane right now on foxsports1

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was absolute bullshit. We lost that game. My apologies if there are any hornfrog fans on the hoop. What's more is we deserved to lose too.

are you fucking serious that was a foul clear as day and if you want me to prove I will post the pic of it

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2dmb579.jpg

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a foul. But listen for the whistle. And, I always thought the clock stopped when the official signaled for the clock to stop, not the second the foul happened. I've seen several replays in game where they say they're not looking for the actual foul when it comes to the clock, but they're looking at the clock when the official signals it. He clearly doesn't signal it until well after the clock runs out and the whistle CERTAINLY doesn't come with an entire second left on the clock. So even though he fouled, of there's no time on the clock when it's called is it still a foul? Apparently so in this game.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're missing the point.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
are you fucking serious that was a foul clear as day and if you want me to prove I will post the pic of it

GTFO, that was not a foul. If they didn't call a hip check right before OT, you can't call that. Had we been on the other end of that, I would only have 2 tv's instead of 3. A wins a win but to win like that, I dunno. You can't make that call.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a foul. But listen for the whistle. And, I always thought the clock stopped when the official signaled for the clock to stop, not the second the foul happened. I've seen several replays in game where they say they're not looking for the actual foul when it comes to the clock, but they're looking at the clock when the official signals it. He clearly doesn't signal it until well after the clock runs out and the whistle CERTAINLY doesn't come with an entire second left on the clock. So even though he fouled, of there's no time on the clock when it's called is it still a foul? Apparently so in this game.

It's always like that, if a foul happens with 0.2 seconds left in the game they aren't going to waive it off because the ref can't react fast enough to put his arm up before the clock hits 0.0

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's always like that, if a foul happens with 0.2 seconds left in the game they aren't going to waive it off because the ref can't react fast enough to put his arm up before the clock hits 0.0

It might be like that at end of games. But, I know for a fact I've seen reviews where the announcer says they're not listening for the whistle or looking for the foul but they're looking to see when the official signals it. Regardless, watch the video he didn't even bother trying to make a call until he realized the guy missed the layup.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It might be like that at end of games. But, I know for a fact I've seen reviews where the announcer says they're not listening for the whistle or looking for the foul but they're looking to see when the official signals it. Regardless, watch the video he didn't even bother trying to make a call until he realized the guy missed the layup.

It obviously affected the shot, good call by Mr. Ref imo. I applaud him and again, screw TCU :clap::lol:

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to the rule book:

"The game clock and shot clock, if running, shall be stopped when an official:
art 1. Signals
a) A foul
b) A held ball
c) A violation"

Nowhere in the rule book does it say that the clock stops when a foul is committed.

https://www.southern.edu/intramurals/Documents/BR15.pdf
Page 63

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
crazy day of bball. Marquette/gtown is insane right now on foxsports1

That was a crazy game as well.

Thought we got shafted in that one too but o well it was a fun one!

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, that happened in the 1st quarter. You're comparing a missed FM in the 1st quarter to a foul in OT that determined the outcome of a basketball game? The fact TCU took WVU into OT in Morgantown is embarrassing enough. Those guys suck!

The FM caused a concussion to our QB ( we had just caused a TO at that point of the game and were driving fast for another score that would have given us an even bigger lead and changed TCU's mentality for sure), one that he successfully hid from our staff for the next few games and let effect his on field play. It absolutely changed that game, as well as our teams fortunes (along with our QB being selfish) for the rest of the year.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a foul, clear as day, and the call was late. However, to see the foul occur at roughly 1 second, and for the ref to process the foul, and then raise his arm/blow the whistle is going to take more than a few seconds. Considering the foul occured with .9 seconds left, I think they handled it the correct way.

Oh, and the argument of "you can't call that there" is complete bullshit. A foul is a foul. I hate when people that say you can't call that at the end of games because then you're saying that there should be 2 sets of rules...rules for when the rest of the game is going on, and rules for when there are only seconds left in a half/game. Bullshit...if it's a foul, you call the foul.

For all those who say "let them play"... they are! If a player is "playing" and commits a foul, the ref does his job by calling the foul. In reality by NOT calling a foul there the ref fails to do his job, and THAT should be more of an issue than calling a foul as the game winds down.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a foul, clear as day, and the call was late. However, to see the foul occur at roughly 1 second, and for the ref to process the foul, and then raise his arm/blow the whistle is going to take more than a few seconds. Considering the foul occured with .9 seconds left, I think they handled it the correct way.

Oh, and the argument of "you can't call that there" is complete bullshit. A foul is a foul. I hate when people that say you can't call that at the end of games because then you're saying that there should be 2 sets of rules...rules for when the rest of the game is going on, and rules for when there are only seconds left in a half/game. Bullshit...if it's a foul, you call the foul.

For all those who say "let them play"... they are! If a player is "playing" and commits a foul, the ref does his job by calling the foul. In reality by NOT calling a foul there the ref fails to do his job, and THAT should be more of an issue than calling a foul as the game winds down.

I might agree, however refs nearly never call a foul towards the end of a game unless it's more then obvious. This wasn't more then obvious. Also had you watched this game you'd know WVU's Devin Williams got fouled on his turnaround as time expired in regulation and there was no call. If a foul is a foul then call it but Jesus Christ keep it consistent. I don't think there should be two sets of rules, but more times then not there are.