• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: TCU at Baylor

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now Baylor is a far better team that OU is showing itself to be. But don't be too quick to assume Oklahoma won't be a buzz saw by the time we play each other. Look at OU's history when they play late season games against a higher ranked team in Norman. Especially when the game's at night and the place is rocking and rolling. I hope the game is at night and the weather is decent. That would be perfect.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now Baylor is a far better team that OU is showing itself to be. But don't be too quick to assume Oklahoma won't be a buzz saw by the time we play each other. Look at OU's history when they play late season games against a higher ranked team in Norman. Especially when the game's at night and the place is rocking and rolling. I hope the game is at night and the weather is decent. That would be perfect.

This is true. Oklahoma almost always either slips up, or almost slips up around this point in the season, and usually save their best football for late in the season. Not saying this will happen but it is tough to beat Oklahoma at home. I'm just focused on K-State right now. I hope they are too. The coaches have a whole lot to fix. Otherwise Snyder will take them to the woodshed. Heupel's headset needs to be taken away.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I don't think there is anyone who is going to beat Baylor. One of the few teams in the country who can win against good teams in spite of their weaknesses. Their strengths are good enough. I think the 2 biggest tests for Baylor were Texas and TCU (both good defenses). Those are long gone now. Don't think OU can score with them - especially with your OC calling the shots and no real weapon outside of Shepard.

Baylor very much looks playoff bound to me.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I don't think there is anyone who is going to beat Baylor. One of the few teams in the country who can win against good teams in spite of their weaknesses. Their strengths are good enough. I think the 2 biggest tests for Baylor were Texas and TCU (both good defenses). Those are long gone now. Don't think OU can score with them - especially with your OC calling the shots and no real weapon outside of Shepard.

We'll see. Things look bad today, but they looked bad at this point last season as well and we all know how the season ended for Oklahoma. Baylor has a history of struggling on the road. It's a complete mystery to me at the moment. I'm just taking one game at a time.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah Baylor surprised me today. I thought they'd win, but they looked pretty average for awhile, then just took off.

TCU surprised the hell out of me by letting it slip away. Just shocking.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okie State needed a KO return to beat Kansas today. WVU came back and won on a long field goal at the end to beat Tech.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah Baylor surprised me today. I thought they'd win, but they looked pretty average for awhile, then just took off.

TCU surprised the hell out of me by letting it slip away. Just shocking.

Yep. TCU very well may have been the better team - but that ship has done sailed.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

OU OKLA ST. KANSAS ST. are all hurdles to clear. Not an easy task. The Big 12 championship is no picnic to win. It's one game at a time for me.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, that's what I've been saying. I mean, dam

edit: re the total yards by Baylor of 782

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baylor 782 yards. :gaah:

We held them to 111 passing yards. We won the time of possession battle in that one too. Did wonders for us in the score.

Special Teams :L

Offensive Line :L

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baylor only has to play OU and WVU on the road.

the rest of their games, KU, OSWho and TTU, are at home.

sets up nicely for them.

OU has Baylor, KSU and OSWho at home, with ISU and TTU, on the road.

it is going to be interesting, to say the least.

oh ya, they play each other on Nov 8th.

BoomerNTX

~Boomer FN Sooner~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Check out game footage with 27 seconds left in the game. The game clock isn't running while BU runs a play or two. Nobody seems to notice this, basically giving BU a few extra plays. Overall, poor officiating in this game, but hate to see the officials give one team the game. Not taking anything away from BU as they didn't do this and they are a very good team as are the Frogs.