• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Taking Oregon State Tomorrow

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently the Bosie QBs are too busy having a pissing contest!

Joe Southwick suspended for allegedly urinating off balcony - CBSSports.com

Boise State quarterback Joe Southwick says he was sent home from the team's trip to the Hawaii Bowl for something he didn't do.

Both Southwick and fellow quarterback Nick Patti were suspended from the game for violating team rules, and while Southwick has been sent home, Patti has since been reinstated. On Sunday Southwick told KTVB in Boise that he'd been sent home for urinating off a hotel balcony, though Southwick maintains he did no such thing.

Southwick says it was another Boise State player who did it, and that he witnessed the player doing it on Thursday evening. Southwick then found out he was being accused of doing it on Friday, and also admitted he lost his temper when he found out he was being sent home.

"It just turned to finger pointing, and it ended up being three people against one person saying something," said Southwick. "And I guess the temper tantrum of one person didn't look good and there was no investigation. This was an absolute rushed decision, probably made in about 20 minutes."

Southwick even took a polygraph test to clear his name, saying he wants to share the results of the test with Boise State coaches and administrators.

"I don't want this to turn into me against Boise State," Southwick said. "I love Boise State. What they've been able to do for me these past five years, is life changing. And this situation that occurred the last five days could also be life changing, obviously for the negative for me.

"It's just really important for myself and my family to get this cleared up and show that really the decision makers in place had a rushed decision, there was no process to properly judicate what happened. It's really disappointing that it came to this."

Boise State issued a statement on the incident Monday afternoon.

"We investigated the matter with university administrators, coaching staff, a law enforcement official, hotel security and student-athletes. We made the decision to send the student-athlete home, and we stand by this difficult decision."

It remains to be seen if Southwick will be vindicated or if this entire defense will amount to nothing more than peeing into the wind.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, I took OSU anyway. BSU is the suck.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why piss off a balcony when there is a perfectly good restroom available? That sounds like a middle schooler's stunt. Stupid.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't remember but I hope I picked OSU. No Petersen and down one QB is not a good thing.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's fitting. What a nightmarish season it's been, just awful.

cane_man

I AM the liquor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would just HAVE TO guess hes had other issues already. Might be a good thing for bsu..............but Ill still take osu lol

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's fitting. What a nightmarish season it's been, just awful.

B4L, you and Smiles had better get on the next plane for Hawaii before your boys totally fall apart! Where is Petersen when you need him?

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
B4L, you and Smiles had better get on the next plane for Hawaii before your boys totally fall apart! Where is Petersen when you need him?

He's gone and ain't coming back my friend.

We'll see how the Bryan Harsin era goes. Boise was a winning football program before Petersen took over. In three of the four seasons before he became the head coach, they finished in the top 15. The gap between the haves and have nots is widening along with the generation and distribution of revenue making it even tougher to compete. I doubt Boise will ever get back to the level they were, but time will tell.

pitman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taking OSU is a safe bet, with or without Southwick. We just don't have the DBs to slow down the pass attack of OSU.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's gone and ain't coming back my friend.

We'll see how the Bryan Harsin era goes. Boise was a winning football program before Petersen took over. In three of the four seasons before he became the head coach, they finished in the top 15. The gap between the haves and have nots is widening along with the generation and distribution of revenue making it even tougher to compete. I doubt Boise will ever get back to the level they were, but time will tell.

I think they will. Tobad Petersen left, though. It was a good run while it lasted.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L:L Good thing we got a new quarterback coming in next year, the guys we have right now are not the smartest of people, this much is obvious

definitely the worst year we've had in a long time

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had oregon state anyway, but it did make me move them up my confidence board 20 spots. I think without their starting QB they will be pissing their pants next.

:suds:

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they will. Tobad Petersen left, though. It was a good run while it lasted.

And it was good for college football too.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had Oregon St anyway.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Strangest story of the season are we sure this isn't the Onion? A fucking polygraph? You can't make this stuff up and if you did no one would believe you.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no line movement and the public is all over Oregon st. I think they have been garbage all yr but guess im rolling with boise

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L:L Good thing we got a new quarterback coming in next year, the guys we have right now are not the smartest of people, this much is obvious

definitely the worst year we've had in a long time

What QB might that be? Jalen Greene is now verbally "committed" to USC.