• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Take aways from the Cleveland experience

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Meow(Dr. Eviler) and I went to the Cleveland game yesterday and boy was it an eye opening experience. I've only been to away games in GB(twice) and Indy(not a Lions game) before. Those places were very calm compared to what we experienced in Cleveland.

I've never seen and heard so much shit talking from a fanbase that hasn't really won anything in a long long time. When I go to Detroit for home games, I don't see 1/10 of what I saw yesterday.

We were sitting in front of 2 asshats that wouldn't shut up. They were probably the most unintelligent people in Ohio. Even the Browns fans around us were annoyed with how dumb they were. They actually kept yelling "Shank it!" when their kicker was attempting kicks(and one was on a kick-off). Why exactly would you want your own kicker to shank a kick? Unreal.

We also tailgated in their Municipal Parking Lot. We drank, chatted, and played cornhole with 4 really cool Browns' fans that were parked next to us. However, when it was time to walk to the stadium, we ran into some shit I've only ever read about.

We had to walk down an aisle their fans call "The Gauntlet". I referred to it as "Murderer's Row". It was lined with Browns fans tailgating and shit faced to the max. We(along with every other Lions fan) got called every name you could think of. Some of their attempts were pretty lame though. I was rockin my Suh jersey and a few fans decided to yell out "Suh's ugly!" as if that fucking matters at all. Pretty hilarious though.

There was even a fight in the aisle over between what looked like a handful of Lions and Browns fans. As the fight ended, there was a Browns fan lying face down, knocked unconscious. He apparently got what he deserved. We literally had to keep an eye out for anything flying in our direction. It was a crazy experience to say the least.

After our victory, we went over to where the Lions players leave through the tunnel and almost every Lions player threw their gloves or something up into the crowd of Lions fans. Delmas even took the time to take off his jersey and hand it to a kid in the crowd. It was an awesome thing to do and he has gained so much respect just from that action. I even caught Jim Scwartz' hat that he threw up in my direction. Meow, however, convinced me to give it to the kid behind me wearing a Lions jersey. It was tough to do b/c my 3-yr old at home loves the Lions and would've worn that hat probably every day. But it was still cool that I caught it and made a little kid's trip to the game memorable.

All in all, the majority of Browns' fans were tolerable. Other than the fucks behind us, we sat around some pretty cool peeps. But, the shit we heard and saw was nothing remotely close to what I've seen in the D. My future father-in-law is a Browns fan and he told me to beware. Boy was he right.

Great game though. Go Lions!!

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We were sitting in front of 2 asshats that wouldn't shut up. They were probably the most unintelligent people in Ohio.

Wow dumbest in Ohio? That is something. I smell a reality show coming.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couldn't agree more with the "gauntlet". That was an experience to say the least. Having never worn an opposing jersey in the D I cant say that we don't have similar fans but when you choose to walk an alternative route back to your vehicle after the game its not the best reflection on your fan base to out of town visitors.

That being said Tyler, Dylan, Matt, and the other young lady (sorry, cant remember that name) were some of the best tailgate buddies you could have parked by you. They made it great for us. Without them if all we had to judge the Browns on was that walk to and from the stadium and the clowns behind us we'd be telling a different story today. In fact, I'm waiting to see Tyler show up here. He sent me a text that he signed up as TyLCle

At least one of the fans behind us definitely was a special needs person (that's not a joke, he was) so we refrained from saying anything. But the other two weren't, they were just assholes. Not once but twice, one from each of us did we tell the same guy to quit fucking touching us. This dick was trying to play the tap you on the shoulder and then look away game that elementary school kids play.

The Browns fans do have one of the better tailgate atmosphere and some pretty sweet setups. Apparently some just arrive a little too early and party a little too hard. It was cool to sit outside for a game though.

I do not regret pressuring Micro into giving up the hat :nod: I suspect Schwartz was probably trying to throw it to the kid anyway and Micro pulled a Levy and intercepted it. He had been hollering for Schwartz to throw him those custom made pants which probably got his attention before he threw the hat in fear and darted into the tunnel where he had security. :bolt:

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, when you wear Chiefs gear in Detroit you just get called a slut.