• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Swearinger drops injury bombshell....calls out teammates

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DJ is a quote machine as of late

The Redskins, too, will catch their breath and do their due diligence. It's always been a question as to how badly the two sides want to reach a long-term deal.

"I'll definitely be paying attention to it," Redskins safety D.J. Swearinger said. "Definitely want Kirk back. That's an elite quarterback in this league. He's our elite quarterback and hopefully we can get him back. The business is the business. This organization has a big decision to make and hopefully they make the right decision by bringing him back."

Kirk Cousins' season finale provides fodder for critics

Throwing out the "E" word in reference to Kurt Cousins...... Bruce might find a reason to release him shortly.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's captain for a reason and I'm thankful he's not scared to talk when need be. Basically called out Gruden for soft and lacadasical practices.

Called out Reed for not preventing his hamstrng issue. Called out Moses for being fat and out of shape. "Not putting the right things in your body." Sounds like we have a "culture" issue at hand again.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's captain for a reason and I'm thankful he's not scared to talk when need be. Basically called out Gruden for soft and lacadasical practices.

Called out Reed for not preventing his hamstrng issue. Called out Moses for being fat and out of shape. "Not putting the right things in your body." Sounds like we have a "culture" issue at hand again.

Again???....As in, what once was, and now returned, again?....:pound:

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will admit. I was a Scot guy. I'm also a rational person and can admit Scot was hit and miss here. It just seemed like he brought an attitude to this team, a tough mindset that seemed to rub off on the team. A culture change.

I think the reason me and some other Skins fans liked Scot so much is because he represented hope. Flaws and all the Skins finally had a guy in the building that had done it before.

Beyond the missed draft picks, and some of the bad free agent choices, at least Scot was capable of building a winner. When Dan and Bruce miss, they don't get that kind of rope from the fans because we have to HOPE they know what they are doing. The culture is bad again and if Dan had any pulse of the fanbase he would fire Bruce and hire a football guy with a football background to run player personnel.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The culture is bad again and if Dan had any pulse of the fanbase he would fire Bruce and hire a football guy with a football background to run player personnel.

This would require Dan to actually care about what we thought. As long as Dan makes his money, he will run this team anyway he damn well pleases.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Allen must go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You would think the message is clear by now. How many more seats is he gonna have to rip out of the upper bowl this year at Fed Ex to make the place look full? At what point does he notice the sea of visiting jerseys all throughout the lower bowl? Taking over complete sections in some cases.

Ok, let's say Scot was a complete drunk and deserved to be fired. Fine, but where is his replacement. Hiring Scot was proof that you felt the structure you had in place wasn't good enough. So go hire another quality football guy. Don't go right back to Bruce. Dan said he was embarrassed and just wanted to win. Well he went right back to what he admitted wasn't working.

That's where I call bullshit. Bruce won a clear power struggle with Scot and Dan chose the lapdog over the guy with the Super Bowl rings on his fingers.

Larry Michael is the walking embodiment of how Dan runs this franchise.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The seat problem is not just here. I am not in favor of keeping Allen but the NFL may have peaked.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You would think the message is clear by now. How many more seats is he gonna have to rip out of the upper bowl this year at Fed Ex to make the place look full? At what point does he notice the sea of visiting jerseys all throughout the lower bowl? Taking over complete sections in some cases.

Ok, let's say Scot was a complete drunk and deserved to be fired. Fine, but where is his replacement. Hiring Scot was proof that you felt the structure you had in place wasn't good enough. So go hire another quality football guy. Don't go right back to Bruce. Dan said he was embarrassed and just wanted to win. Well he went right back to what he admitted wasn't working.

That's where I call bullshit. Bruce won a clear power struggle with Scot and Dan chose the lapdog over the guy with the Super Bowl rings on his fingers.

Larry Michael is the walking embodiment of how Dan runs this franchise.
The reality is that no quality football guy will come here to work in this insane asylum. This is where usually people come to watch their careers die.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Allen must go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The only Allen that might go, is the one we just drafted in 2017. Bruce is like Herpes, we caught it and all we can hope for is to control the symptoms. :pound:

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The seat problem is not just here. I am not in favor of keeping Allen but the NFL may have peaked.

The NFL much like the new truck market, has been priced out of its main target audience. Its $500 + parking to get four seats in the nose bleeds. And lord help you if you get hungry or thirsty during a game and did not bring the real credit card.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As long as he looked at himself in the mirror as well. Cuz he got caught slippin himself a few times.....a game.........week in, week out. Just like everyone else.

He did make a few plays as well though. He and Fuller led the team with 4 INTs, and while he may have some valid points far as his criticisms go. It would've been nice if he communicated as well on the field as off it. As too many times at least one DB and sometimes more. Looked more bewildered than Bubba when he lost his "Who farted?" ball cap.

How was Reed supposed to prevent his hamstring issue? And Moses was the only OL who played the entire season.

Last edited:

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear you Breed, but I'm with DJ. He is one of the few that plays with passion and at least looks like he cares week in and week out. He talked about getting treatment even when you don't need it. You can't dismiss the fact that he's been in other locker rooms and you have 20 to 30 guys in the ice tub every day, but not so at Redskins Park. Reed is hurt every year. Do something different. Not to single him out but it's always some kind of nagging injury. Nothing like a torn ACL or a broken collarbone. We needed Reed this year. 20 plus on IR?

Sure he or Norman, mis communicated a couple of times, but the team votes you captain in camp 2 weeks off the bus. Kerrigan? Norman with all the money he's making? Breeland has been here forever, and DJ gets the "C" patch?

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear you Breed, but I'm with DJ. He is one of the few that plays with passion and at least looks like he cares week in and week out. He talked about getting treatment even when you don't need it. You can't dismiss the fact that he's been in other locker rooms and you have 20 to 30 guys in the ice tub every day, but not so at Redskins Park. Reed is hurt every year. Do something different. Not to single him out but it's always some kind of nagging injury. Nothing like a torn ACL or a broken collarbone. We needed Reed this year. 20 plus on IR?

Sure he or Norman, mis communicated a couple of times, but the team votes you captain in camp 2 weeks off the bus. Kerrigan? Norman with all the money he's making? Breeland has been here forever, and DJ gets the "C" patch?
DJ being named captain in just two weeks speaks to the lack of leaders who have been on this team for years. You are right, guys like Kerrigan should be the locker room leader. This is an issue on any team. DJ has his faults, but at least he is willing to call bad play out, including his, and not be accepting of mediocrity. For that, i applaud him.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to laugh that you know what or how Kerrigan is seen in the locker room. Some guys like to stand in front of a lot of players and scream and shout. Others don't. You don't think Kerrigan's play and the fact that he has always been on the field isn't respected? Too many fucking soap operas or Rudy movies.

Kind of makes me think back to Sonny and Riggins and their leadership qualities .... this way to the beer men. Trent is a captain and he smokes pot. Not that I have anything against beer drinking or smoking pot.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never said you had to be rah rah to lead. Never said RK wasn't respected. The fact remains that a newbie walked into the locker room and the entire team said that's our guy to lead us. There had to be some kind of void when it comes to leadership in there. I also don't think it helps that your captain on the other side of the ball apparently can't wait to get outta dodge.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never said you had to be rah rah to lead. Never said RK wasn't respected. The fact remains that a newbie walked into the locker room and the entire team said that's our guy to lead us. There had to be some kind of void when it comes to leadership in there. I also don't think it helps that your captain on the other side of the ball apparently can't wait to get outta dodge.

It is good you have the inside scoop. :thumb: I would personally follow the Pro Bowl player but hey, two weeks in the guy won the popularity contest.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to laugh that you know what or how Kerrigan is seen in the locker room. Some guys like to stand in front of a lot of players and scream and shout. Others don't. You don't think Kerrigan's play and the fact that he has always been on the field isn't respected? Too many fucking soap operas or Rudy movies.

Kind of makes me think back to Sonny and Riggins and their leadership qualities .... this way to the beer men. Trent is a captain and he smokes pot. Not that I have anything against beer drinking or smoking pot.
Your are right, I have no idea how Kerrigan is viewed in the locker room. And there is no doubt that he is VERY respected by all for his play. My point was less about Kerrigan and more about how this team lacks on the field an locker room leaders in general. No doubt Trent is one. And I think Cousins is developing into one. But on defense, I don't see it as much. A guy or guys that can rally the defense when it really needs to rise up for a critical stop. Some do this via their mouth and some via their play. But on this defense, we don't see it much.
Swearinger is at least trying to hold his team accountable. I like that.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is good you have the inside scoop. :thumb: I would personally follow the Pro Bowl player but hey, two weeks in the guy won the popularity contest.

I love how you assume that professional grown men pick their team captains based on who they want to have a beer with and not who's putting in the work, bringing n everyday, and holding themselves and others accountable, including the coach.