• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Super Bowl LVIII San Francisco 49ers vs Kansas City Chiefs

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Chiefs have to choose between Jones, MVS, and Sneed. I think Jones would be best for the team on paper but I suspect they wont be able to afford him.
We'll see. He already said he wants to be a lifetime Chief. I don't know what the FO will do, but I'm thinking they can get Sneed and Jones back. MVS imho can walk...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What has gotten into Jason Kelce the last few weeks

1707769376786.png

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kinda feel like it should have been a no brainer for the niners to go for it on the fourth down in overtime to get the touchdown. In what universe is Mahomes not gonna drive right down the field and win the game?
I agree with you. They should of went for it, when they didn't I was like....

sassy star wars GIF by Hyper RPG

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll see. He already said he wants to be a lifetime Chief. I don't know what the FO will do, but I'm thinking they can get Sneed and Jones back. MVS imho can walk...

You gotta keep Jones. He was the defensive MVP last night and he had a great case for MVP period. You want Sneed back too, but Jones is more important. MVS is a dime a dozen kind of guy. You can draft or sign for cheap a vertical threat guy.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kinda feel like it should have been a no brainer for the niners to go for it on the fourth down in overtime to get the touchdown. In what universe is Mahomes not gonna drive right down the field and win the game?

At that point the 49ers defense had given up a whopping 19 points across 4 complete quarters to one of the great offenses. There was no reason for them to believe they couldn't keep them out of the end zone. Coupled with the fact that they themselves were also only able to put up 19 points of their own, not taking the three and then giving the ball to KC seemed riskier IMO.

Obviously, in hindsight it's easy to say they should've gone for it but IMO they made the right call on that one.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did he put them in a position to succeed? They went 3-12 on 3rd downs. This is consistent with his work in 2 other Super Bowls. Kyle Shanahan is a great regular season coach who can’t win the big one. Maybe he evolves and figures it out but there’s no way a person can avoid the reality that he has underperformed in the biggest of spots.

The Niners were a play or two away from winning, so I don't blame Shanahan. It was right there for the players to take, but some mistakes and better play from the Chiefs led to a close Chiefs win. Maybe he underperformed four years ago, but he did fine last night, IMO. Niners ownership would be foolish to bring someone else in.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At that point the 49ers defense had given up a whopping 19 points across 4 complete quarters to one of the great offenses. There was no reason for them to believe they couldn't keep them out of the end zone. Coupled with the fact that they themselves were also only able to put up 19 points of their own, not taking the three and then giving the ball to KC seemed riskier IMO.

Obviously, in hindsight it's easy to say they should've gone for it but IMO they made the right call on that one.

Yeah, it was a reasonable call. There were good reasons (like the ones you stated) for taking the conservative approach there. Going for it would've also been a reasonable call, as there were also good reasons for making the aggressive call there, such as that the game would be over if the Chiefs were to score a TD and that the defense was tiring and had lost Greenlaw. As the head coach, people will blame you every time the outcome doesn't go your way. I would've loved it if Shanahan had gone for it on 4th down like he did in the 4th quarter, but I understand why he chose FG.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quick overtime rule question … Does the clock matter in OT? For example… When KC was near the goal-line in OT with their first possession the clock in the 1st quarter was almost expired, it was down to seconds… If the 1st quarter ended the game keeps going to the 2nd quarter right? KC gets to finish their possession ? I’m in a debate with a friend who thought if the time ran out the 49rs won if KC didn’t kick the field goal to tie it at least …

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You gotta keep Jones. He was the defensive MVP last night and he had a great case for MVP period. You want Sneed back too, but Jones is more important. MVS is a dime a dozen kind of guy. You can draft or sign for cheap a vertical threat guy.
Jones is certainly more important but Sneed is a year and a half younger and might be cheaper. The market will likely have more say in this than the Chiefs.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quick overtime rule question … Does the clock matter in OT? For example… When KC was near the goal-line in OT with their first possession the clock in the 1st quarter was almost expired, it was down to seconds… If the 1st quarter ended the game keeps going to the 2nd quarter right? KC gets to finish their possession ? I’m in a debate with a friend who thought if the time ran out the 49rs won if KC didn’t kick the field goal to tie it at least …
Game would not have ended. They would have walked to the other side of the field and continued just like if a quarter ended