• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Super Bowl LVIII San Francisco 49ers vs Kansas City Chiefs

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thoughts:
The injuries killed SF. Crazy how key players kept getting hurt

Purdy is a legit good QB. Almost every time I watch him he makes big plays. Very likable guy too. Glad the 49ers lost but would have been happy for him if they won.

McCaffery should have had 5-10 more carries. WTF was Shanahan doing. Don't outsmart yourself. If we could all see from our couch what was working he should be able to also.

Mahomes is already an all time great. Just an all time super star. Please don't let the Chiefs add a good WR next year

Kelce should be taking a little more shit for his tirade on the sideline. That wasn't ok. Plus he's a total jackass. Sick of him. Is there a bigger attention whore in the NFL?

Taylor swift is ok in my book. All she wanted to do was watch the game. She didn't ask for this coverage, she didn't ask to be on camera all the time. It was the friggin morons in the media who kept pushing her on us. Be mad at them not her. I don't like her music but that's not relevant

Personal thoughts - I was rooting for the Chiefs but if the 49ers got 7 on that last drive of regulation I would have won about 10 grand (on my 6-3 box), so I shifted really quickly there for a while. Then went back to the Chiefs after the FG :tsk:. I hit some nice parlays, but if the final score was one point less I would have hit a couple pretty big ones. Glad Randy Gregory didn't get a ring

Pretty spot on. The only thing I'll add is that though Purdy played good and he was mistake free for the most part, he never broke through last night with great play. He was knocking on the door to make that next step, but he never got there. Somewhere Cam Newton is laughing and saying that he's right about Purdy being a game manager.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's the fact Aikman (one of the most overrated QBs of all time, very much Namath territory) said it. Nobody with a functioning brain considers Aikman that great of a QB. He had an elite team, 2 shitty Bills teams that choked, and a cakewalk Pittsburgh team. When you talk about all time great QBs Aikman is nowhere in the picture.

Mahomes was far superior to Aikman after winning his first Super Bowl.
That's exactly where I was coming from. Aikman made it seem like he was all that no matter what he truly meant...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they could have ran the ball more but throwing it to CMC was netting 10 yards a catch. It all feels nitpicky to me. Shanahan called a trick play that got a TD and had a key 4th down play late that led to a TD. He wasn't perfect but its hard for me to say he had a bad day as a coach. If you lose the game because of special teams then that happens to everyone.
You can think that. I'm just explaining my point. The run game was working and they didn't use it as much as I think they should have. I'm not saying he had a bad day overall and I'm not discussing "touches" by CMC. I'm also not giving him credit for the trick play as it could have ben a disaster and I'm not sure it should have been thrown TBH.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's the fact Aikman (one of the most overrated QBs of all time, very much Namath territory) said it. Nobody with a functioning brain considers Aikman that great of a QB. He had an elite team, 2 shitty Bills teams that choked, and a cakewalk Pittsburgh team. When you talk about all time great QBs Aikman is nowhere in the picture.

Mahomes was far superior to Aikman after winning his first Super Bowl.
Well sure if you want to call those two shitty Bills teams and a cakewalk Pitts team you'd certainly feel that way

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jets and Browns are actually decent bets. Why the fuck is Minnesota so far up there? Kirk is probably leaving. That team has 3-14 written all over it. Bears/Packers/Lions will go 6-0 against them.

Bills +1200 and Bengals +1500 look fun. However, I'm not thinking about anything besides QB and I have no clue how the rest of their rosters look. LOL. I do like their coaches.

Stlducks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they could have ran the ball more but throwing it to CMC was netting 10 yards a catch. It all feels nitpicky to me. Shanahan called a trick play that got a TD and had a key 4th down play late that led to a TD. He wasn't perfect but its hard for me to say he had a bad day as a coach. If you lose the game because of special teams then that happens to everyone.
My issue with the play calling is Shanahan goes away from the run way too often. To start the second half we went 3 and out three straight times and I think we passed 8 of the 9 plays.

KC's pass rush was an issue all night. Running and mixing in screens was working but he kept going back to simple drop back passes and made Purdy a sitting duck.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What would an NFL team need to look like to get -170 preason odds to win the title? The only example I can think of is the 2016 to 2018 Golden State Warriors.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bills +1200 and Bengals +1500 look fun. However, I'm not thinking about anything besides QB and I have no clue how the rest of their rosters look. LOL. I do like their coaches.

I mean the Jets with Rodgers... maybe if the sexual assault candidate in Cleveland returns to form... I don't think the Bengals or Bills have the sustainable defense to go the distance. The Jets/Browns do though...

Edit: Ah the Bills were still good last year. How many of their starters are they losing? I thought they were losing a few.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jets and Browns are actually decent bets. Why the fuck is Minnesota so far up there? Kirk is probably leaving. That team has 3-14 written all over it. Bears/Packers/Lions will go 6-0 against them.

The problem with both those bets are they have starting QB's coming off injuries. One hasn't played a meaningful season since 2020, that other is coming off an achilles injury and is in his 40's now.

They seem like a lottery ticket to me. They could blow up and shock the NFL, but I think it is more likely they continue to shrink back to due to age/injuries.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean the Jets with Rodgers... maybe if the sexual assault candidate in Cleveland returns to form... I don't think the Bengals or Bills have the sustainable defense to go the distance. The Jets/Browns do though...

I'm really not sold on Watson. I feel like he built up his stats because the Texans were always behind and he faced prevent defenses most of the time.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with both those bets are they have starting QB's coming off injuries. One hasn't played a meaningful season since 2020, that other is coming off an achilles injury and is in his 40's now.

They seem like a lottery ticket to me. They could blow up and shock the NFL, but I think it is more likely they continue to shrink back to due to age/injuries.

True... I'd be more inclined to bet the Jets... because Rodgers has dealt with injury before and proves he can still come back and perform at a high level. Watson a little less, but I think I get better odds with the Browns. Jets seem like a sleeper bet to me.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True... I'd be more inclined to bet the Jets... because Rodgers has dealt with injury before and proves he can still come back and perform at a high level. Watson a little less, but I think I get better odds with the Browns. Jets seem like a sleeper bet to me.
1707762126683.png

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My issue with the play calling is Shanahan goes away from the run way too often. To start the second half we went 3 and out three straight times and I think we passed 8 of the 9 plays.

KC's pass rush was an issue all night. Running and mixing in screens was working but he kept going back to simple drop back passes and made Purdy a sitting duck.

You're going to be sick when you see how McKivitz was blocking no one on the Niners' last offensive play. It seems like Kyle called the right play.