• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Suns @ Tanking Little Bitches

Orange602

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The assists numbers for the Suns are low regardless. Their offense involves too much 1 on 1 play.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously Bledsoe will have to play the pg he can't play off the ball for his life and can't spot up shoot. He's gotta improve his shot and that will improve Dragics game.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The assists numbers for the Suns are low regardless. Their offense involves too much 1 on 1 play.

No motion no sets. Who the hell is this Dragic hater "he's frustrating" he's playing like an allstar......

tuffydahog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dragic is a very good player, but he is not a point guard, which is the problem. He actually seems to have regressed this year in his passing skills. I can never remember him being as selfish as he has been recently. Ish Smith had more assists tonight than Dragic, and Smith only had three assists.

Dragic is averaging over 17 field attempts and only 5 assists per game in his last three games, and that is without Bledsoe. He is shooting way too much. He has to start running the team better and look to create.

I still think the Suns are going to have to choose between Dragic and Bledsoe eventually. The main problem with Bledsoe has been his durability. He is a small guy and gets hit hard when he drives to the basket. That is definitely a concern because he has already been hurt on two separate occasions this year. Ultimately, the Suns are going to need to acquire a true superstar somehow because even though the team has had a surprisingly good season so far, it does not have a superstar. And everyone knows, you do not win big in this league without superstars.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dragic is a very good player, but he is not a point guard, which is the problem. He actually seems to have regressed this year in his passing skills. I can never remember him being as selfish as he has been recently. Ish Smith had more assists tonight than Dragic, and Smith only had three assists.

Dragic is averaging over 17 field attempts and only 5 assists per game in his last three games, and that is without Bledsoe. He is shooting way too much. He has to start running the team better and look to create.

I still think the Suns are going to have to choose between Dragic and Bledsoe eventually. The main problem with Bledsoe has been his durability. He is a small guy and gets hit hard when he drives to the basket. That is definitely a concern because he has already been hurt on two separate occasions this year. Ultimately, the Suns are going to need to acquire a true superstar somehow because even though the team has had a surprisingly good season so far, it does not have a superstar. And everyone knows, you do not win big in this league without superstars.

His passing skills were just where they were last year. The thing about last year the Suns would run sets and screens to get guys like Dudley open and it would give Dragic an easy assist check Kyle Lowrys apg all they do is screens and they have a bunch of midrange shooters, the suns offense is pick and rolls and spread the floor, the offense last year also had Scola setting screens and coming off of them for an easy pass and 15 footer different offense no more screens, and set plays more ISO ball creating for shooters that can't hit. I was disappointed with Bledsoes assist numbers when Dragic was out. I am more upset with the fact that Bledsoe can't spot up shoot and doesn't know how to play off the ball......... Once again why Bledsoe racks up assists like againts the Warriors Drag 4/4 on spot up 3s and Bledsoe misses most of his 3s when he spots up that's why Bledsoe has got to improve his spot up shooting.

Last edited by a moderator:

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love Tucker and Frye off the bench. As starters not so much. I mean ONE of them starting would be fine if we got an upgrade at the 3 or 4. But both starting is not OK.

Orange602

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has the coaching staff been telling Dragic to shoot more? He's basically relied on to the be the team's top shooting guard when Bledsoe is healthy.

Orange602

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love Tucker and Frye off the bench. As starters not so much. I mean ONE of them starting would be fine if we got an upgrade at the 3 or 4. But both starting is not OK.

I don't mind Frye starting because he stretches the floor with his shooting. Tucker doesn't belong on any team as a starter.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How would you guys feel about this trade:

PHX: Thaddeus Young

PHI: Morris twins and Indy's pick

Makes sense for both teams. Adding Young would make the twins expendable and Philly saves money, gets two young players and a draft pick.

Dragic-Bledsoe-Young-Frye-Plumlee

Smith-Green-Tucker-Len with Young shifting over and playing some PF as well. Very versatile team.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TBdBcMsTaDc[/ame]

Exhibit A Dragic runs plays and he hits several spot up shooters for easy assists.

[ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KA1R1YVMRdY[/ame]
Exhibit B because of Bledsoes in ability to shoot he has to play the point playing Bledsoe off the ball would just give another help defender you see here Bledsoe gets 4 assists from Dragic because of his ability to shoot. It's not the fact that Dragic isn't a pg it's the fact that Bledsoe can't play the SG so a lot of times Dragic will stand in the corner. It actually indicates Dragic is a better passer to average almost as many assists playing with his backcourt mate who can't spot up shoot........

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said earlier, Young is more of a 4 than a 3, but can play the 3 when you have a 4 like Frye. He'd also get a lot of minutes at PF when Plumlee/Frye head to the bench. I think he'd fit in well with our system.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Makes sense for both teams. Adding Young would make the twins expendable and Philly saves money, gets two young players and a draft pick.

Smith-Green-Tucker-Len with Young shifting over and playing some PF as well. Very versatile team.

You lose forward depth oh also stop putting Dragic as the pg he has to play the SG cause Bledsoe can't spot up shoot and can't play off the ball........

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish Hornaseck would put in a couple of sets to get spot up shooters open. It would help when Dragic or Bledsoe are out. Green hogs to much.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You lose forward depth oh also stop putting Dragic as the pg he has to play the SG cause Bledsoe can't spot up shoot and can't play off the ball........

Just because Dragic has a better stroke from downtown doesn't mean he's more of a SG. It doesn't matter how you list them... they are pretty much interchangeable anyways.

Orange602

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I like that starting lineup, but the bench looks even weaker than it does right now.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tuffy with Bledsoe Dragic would average even less assists dude Bledsoe can't shoot I have seen him hit one spot up 3 since he's been here. Bledsoe had all these shooters to work with because Dragic is a great corner 3 shooter. Play Bledsoe off the ball all your spacing is fucked up defenders will cheat etc....... Once again it's the fact that Bledsoe can't play SG more than the fact who's the better pg Hornaseck even said "Gorans been much better off the ball this year" so...... Bledsoe has weapons I expect more than 6 APG.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because Dragic has a better stroke from downtown doesn't mean he's more of a SG. It doesn't matter how you list them... they are pretty much interchangeable anyways.

The fact is it doesn't matter if Bledsoe is playing his assists will be the same. Bledsoe can't spot up shoot if he played off the ball the spacing would be fucked up. I just think people on this board don't understand that Dragic is the best player on the Suns.