• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Suns @ Mavs

AZ Sun

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're not gonna win a game when a scrub like Monta Ellis plays like he did tonight.

BPNAZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With two point guards, I don't think that the Suns need anything beyond Green and Tucker at small forward. The problem is that when those two point guards are surrounded by shooters, no one else should be making the plays in crunch time.

I hope your joking

I love Green. But he is too small for SF spot, takes too many bad shots, and is a very bad passer. He should either start at the 2, or come off the bench as he is now. And im sorry, but compared to even the average talented starting SF through the league, Tucker falls well below standard. He can hit a corner 3 from time to time, he can grab some rebounds. He also can't pass, he makes really bad decisions on fast breaks, and just isn't athletic enough around the rim

Replace Tucker with say, a Luol Deng, and the Suns would be the 5 seed right now

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We were probably leading about 80% of both the games in Texas and lost them both... Fucking a

BPNAZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as soon as the front office decided not to make any moves at the deadline, it was pretty evident they had a "well I pretty confident we can still make playoffs, but if we don't, oh well who cares" attitude

Guys like Deng and Gasol were out there, and would have easily made Suns playoffs as high as 5 seed, and maybe even a threat to take a team hard in 1st round or even 2 rounds

Because they didn't make any trades, they damn well better sure they don't draft another Alex Len bust.

GMATCa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regarding the Suns' final two plays:

1) I'd rather have Dragic curling off the ball, as opposed to Bledsoe; Dragic is taller, he can finish better, and he is more accustomed to scoring off those types of plays.

2) I'd again rather have Bledsoe handling the ball out high (erratic passing, turnovers, and all) and finding Dragic, Green, or Frye for the three off the curl. The fact that Phoenix's worst three-point shooter on the floor, Markieff Morris, ended up with the three-point attempt is almost inexcusable.

GMATCa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope your joking

I love Green. But he is too small for SF spot, takes too many bad shots, and is a very bad passer. He should either start at the 2, or come off the bench as he is now. And im sorry, but compared to even the average talented starting SF through the league, Tucker falls well below standard. He can hit a corner 3 from time to time, he can grab some rebounds. He also can't pass, he makes really bad decisions on fast breaks, and just isn't athletic enough around the rim

Replace Tucker with say, a Luol Deng, and the Suns would be the 5 seed right now

You have to judge matters based on the concept and how players fit together, rather than comparing them individually, irrespective of the offense and personnel. Deng is a shaky three-point shooter and lacks Green's speed and athleticism. Thus, he does not figure to fit an up-tempo offense led by two point guards who need space in order to thrive together. Moreover, he would cost the Suns too much money moving forward. I don't think that Deng's contributions this season would have outweighed Green's, let alone by the substantial margin that you are suggesting.

Tucker is very flawed, but he provides defense, toughness, energy, and corner threes. If he learns how to avoid forcing his game at times and to play within the limitations of his body and skill, he could be the Suns' version of Bruce Bowen.

How is Green too small? He's listed at 6'8", he's long, and he can jump out of the gym. Even at 6'7", his size is more than sufficient for small forward, especially in today's NBA. It's not 1998, when the likes of Tim Duncan, Kevin Garnett, and Rasheed Wallace were often matching up at small forward. Indeed, the NBA has downsized dramatically and now you'll find large stretches of a game where neither team plays a true center.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our only hope is Memphis losing out and we winning out. I don't see Memphis losing to the LAL and who knows with Dallas.

FORKWDEVIL

shut up and make me a sandwich
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers always get their revenge somehow.

GMATCa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're not gonna win a game when a scrub like Monta Ellis plays like he did tonight.

Are you being facetious? The guy is basically a 19/6 combo guard who has averaged over 24.0 points per game twice in a season.

He's very explosive. The only disappointing aspect is that the Suns seemed to make little or no adjustments defensively and Ellis turned the corner off ball-screens at will, generating tremendous downhill momentum. Bledsoe played great help defense with four steals, but he might as well have been Steve Nash in defending Ellis off ball-screens (the scene was reminiscent of what Tony Parker used to do against Nash's Suns).

And obviously, Bledsoe did not receive enough help, either.

Last edited by a moderator: