• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Suns exploring trade for Pau Gasol

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was referring to you being a casual fan just like 99.9% of us are and you talking about how other fanbases should be taking notes from Lakers fans like you guys are some sort of professor when it comes to running an NBA franchise. Simply laughable.

Eh!!! incorrect I wasn't talking about any other fan base I was only talking about you guys on the subject of this possible Gasol trade like every other Laker fan on here has been trying to tell you, that's it. Don't bring up any other topics that are not practical to the subject at hand, it's irrelevant to this matter, but if you choose to be blind or pessimist about it, hey what ever wags your puppy tail. :suds:

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My God Suns fans are something else. For the last time, it dont matter if Gasol will bring you a ship or not this year, he can be a nice piece for yall to build a championship team in the future. You have to take steps!

How is that not hard to understand?

You keep implying that Pau will sign with PHX in the off season. There's no guarantee of that.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh!!! incorrect I wasn't talking about any other fan base I was only talking about you guys on the subject of this possible Gasol trade like every other Laker fan on here has been trying to tell you, that's it. Don't bring up any other topics that are not practical to the subject at hand, it's irrelevant to this matter, but if you choose to be blind or pessimist about it, hey what ever wags your puppy tail. :suds:

Remember when the Lakers acquired Nash? An aging vet past his prime? Remember when the whole point of that acquisition was so he could team up with Kobe and Dwight to win an NBA title? How did that work out?

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember when the Lakers acquired Nash? An aging vet past his prime? Remember when the whole point of that acquisition was so he could team up with Kobe and Dwight to win an NBA title? How did that work out?

Oh wow another topic that has nothing to do with it, but hey if you want to go that rout sure, let me help you remind you that injuries are part of the game. :doh:

If I recall Nash missed about 35 games last season do to injury, Blake missed 25, Howard missed about 10 games do to his shoulder & was still recovering all season do to back Surgery, Hill was out for the season, Gasol also missed about 20 games & then Kobe went down at the end of the season along with also Metta going down in the playoffs.

Funny how you didn't mention how they played after the All star break when they finally got to play with each other on the floor. Let me remind you what they did after everyone was bashing on them & they were out of the playoff picture, Lakers went 25-12 after the All Star break wich was the best in the league after a horrible 1st half of the season, did you forget that ??

BOOM!!! Next.......

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh wow another topic that has nothing to do with it, but hey if you want to go that rout sure, let me help you remind you that injuries are part of the game. :doh:

If I recall Nash missed about 35 games last season do to injury, Blake missed 25, Howard missed about 10 games do to his shoulder & was still recovering all season do to back Surgery, Hill was out for the season, Gasol also missed about 20 games & then Kobe went down at the end of the season along with also Metta going down in the playoffs.

Funny how you didn't mention how they played after the All star break when they finally got to play with each other on the floor. Let me remind you what they did after everyone was bashing on them & they were out of the playoff picture, Lakers went 25-12 after the All Star break wich was the best in the league after a horrible 1st half of the season, did you forget that ??

BOOM!!! Next.......

giphy.gif

Talking with you is like talking with a brick wall. Here's to hoping the Suns don't trade for that llama. :suds:

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers are trying to pursue K Love in 2015,right? So tell me would you rather acquire K Love and use a young guy like him as a championship piece or resign 33 year old Gasol instead? The Suns are essentially in the same boat, minus the chances of getting Love. The answer is simple, you get the guy nearing his prime over the guy who's just about done.

Dude, why are you comparing Gasol and Love? For the last time( I keep saying that lol), we are not saying Gasol would save the Suns and take them over the top, we are saying that he is a nice piece for a championship team. Of course, we want Love, but it would also be great if we have Gasol for a low price.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this team is a second round team at the very most as it is, Gasol might take us one more round but that's all I see. I don't think he would fit into our future plans considering the plethora of picks we have that can be packaged for a younger player of the same skill set.

Getting one more step farther in the playoffs is only part of the equation. You have a couple of young bigs that some of your fans seem a bit happy about.

If you were to get Pau and the re-sign him for 1-2 years at a reduced rate, don't you think he might be able to teach your young bigs a few things that may help your team in the long run?

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You keep implying that Pau will sign with PHX in the off season. There's no guarantee of that.

No, we made it very clear in the beginning of the thread that the argument is, if Gasol resign with the Sun.

No one said he will. Pay attention!

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting one more step farther in the playoffs is only part of the equation. You have a couple of young bigs that some of your fans seem a bit happy about.

If you were to get Pau and the re-sign him for 1-2 years at a reduced rate, don't you think he might be able to teach your young bigs a few things that may help your team in the long run?
:agree::10:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And Miami added Ray Allen to Lebron, D-Wade and Bosh to win a second title. How did that work out? There are no guarantees with any trade, no matter what the age of the player. It worked for the Heat because Ray Allen stayed healthy.

The trade for Dwight and Nash didn't work out for the Lakers because Nash suffered a freak injury and Dwight is an idiot.

The point is, if you want to move your franchise forward, you need to take some calculated risks along the way.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, we made it very clear in the beginning of the thread that the argument is, if Gasol resign with the Sun.

No one said he will. Pay attention!

No, they're implying that he can be signed for cheap in the off season with PHX if he's dealt there. No chance of knowing that now.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, they're implying that he can be signed for cheap in the off season with PHX if he's dealt there. No chance of knowing that now.

Pau isn't getting another deal like the one that is currently expiring. So yes, he can be signed for cheap by the Suns or anyone else. The only question is: how cheap?

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pau isn't getting another deal like the one that is currently expiring. So yes, he can be signed for cheap by the Suns or anyone else. The only question is: how cheap?
Correct.

But if the Suns have no intentions of making him an offer (which we don't know) then there's really no reason to bring him in or give up what LA would want. Especially with his health conditions.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not convinced that Gasoft will re-sign with the Suns because I think there are other teams that will offer him more money. Minnesota for example would love to have a big to go with Love.

It's not even close to be 50-50 that Gasol stays in Phoenix.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correct.

But if the Suns have no intentions of making him an offer (which we don't know) then there's really no reason to bring him in or give up what LA would want. Especially with his health conditions.

I would assume that, if he plays well for them, they would look to re-sign him for at least another season or 2. Why else would they be in talks to trade for him? He doesn't make them an instant contender, but he would make them better.

It would seem logical that they would have greater plans for him than a half season rental.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not convinced that Gasoft will re-sign with the Suns because I think there are other teams that will offer him more money. Minnesota for example would love to have a big to go with Love.

It's not even close to be 50-50 that Gasol stays in Phoenix.

Minnesota has 6'11'' Nikola Pekovic who averages 18 points and 9 rebounds a game.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 things we've learned from this thread:

1) Laker fans want this deal to happen to receive a first rounder and cap space. They're also defending Pau's talent (which Suns fans are not questioning)

2) Suns fans do not want to give up first rounder to land a 33 year old that isn't even guaranteed to re-sign this summer.

3) LA and PHX fans hate each other.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 things we've learned from this thread:

1) Laker fans want this deal to happen to receive a first rounder and cap space. They're also defending Pau's talent (which Suns fans are not questioning)

2) Suns fans do not want to give up first rounder to land a 33 year old that isn't even guaranteed to re-sign this summer.

3) LA and PHX fans hate each other.

For the record, I have no problems with Suns fans.

It's sounding like this deal may happen (at least on the sportstalk shows out here). It's sounding like Okafor and the first round pick from Indy (so probably the #30 pick). We'll see.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record, I have no problems with Suns fans.

It's sounding like this deal may happen (at least on the sportstalk shows out here). It's sounding like Okafor and the first round pick from Indy (so probably the #30 pick). We'll see.

My guess is the Suns are willing to give up Indy's pick which will be in the 28-30 range, but the Lakers are going to try to get a better pick and that's what's holding the trade back for now.

I think once they realize they won't do much better anywhere else they'll cave and do Pau for Okafor, the Pacers pick and a future second rounder or something.