• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Suns exploring trade for Pau Gasol

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami is very happy they added an aging player past his prime named Ray Allen.
They did it in the offseason, though, after seeing what their team needed. The Suns dont know what they need yet. Imo

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Middle of the pack team that has no shot of winning a ship. Happy now?

Adding a quality player past his prime is a piece that can help the Suns in the next few years. You might not know this, but championship teams dont have all young players in their prime.

LOL - That aging player on his last leg and a crutch hopping all over the court is the ONLY REASON MIAMI HAS TWO CHAMPIONSHIPS WITH LEBRON. Without his miracle shot made with a Hail Mary, the Spurs would be enjoying their last title with Duncan and Parker.

WORD

AZ Sun

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thinking about this trade over and over and I would be willing to do it if the price is right. A Gasol rental (which is near certain with his asking price) is not worth more than Okafor's contact and a second round pick IMO.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They did it in the offseason, though, after seeing what their team needed. The Suns dont know what they need yet. Imo

The Lakers added Gasol in the middle of the season though and went straight to the finals as a result.

It has worked both ways - Just saying

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Middle of the pack team that has no shot of winning a ship. Happy now?

Adding a quality player past his prime is a piece that can help the Suns in the next few years. You might not know this, but championship teams dont have all young players in their prime.

Miami also won a title without Ray Allen. To me middle of the pack means a .500 team. Not a team currently in playoff position.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The logic isnt if you would want a player like that, its if you ONLY want players like that.

You got to take risk and that's the reason losers like the Suns have never won a championship. They don't want to move the cheese outside of the box they are in.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers added Gasol in the middle of the season though and went straight to the finals as a result.

It has worked both ways - Just saying
At the time, though, that was a no brainer trade for a C/PF hitting his prime when the Lakers had a player that they could go to war with (Kobe)

The Suns are in a totally different spot, imo

AZ Sun

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this team is a second round team at the very most as it is, Gasol might take us one more round but that's all I see. I don't think he would fit into our future plans considering the plethora of picks we have that can be packaged for a younger player of the same skill set.

AZ Sun

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your logic is very half-assed seeing that you are comparing a team that had a superstar and was in position to make a deep playoff run. The Suns are on the come up and I don't really see what more a Gasol rental would do than make us a loser in the Semis or WCF. And I say rental because locking up Bledsoe and going after another FA is a bigger priority.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thinking about this trade over and over and I would be willing to do it if the price is right. A Gasol rental (which is near certain with his asking price) is not worth more than Okafor's contact and a second round pick IMO.

That's what these other Lakers fans have been trying to tell you. Here is what the Lakers get

They drop the difference of 19.2 and 14 million and places them within strking distance of avoiding the luxary tax. They also save money because 80% of Okafor's salary is being paid by the insurance which means they pay the premiums and the 20% of Okafor's salary. Clearly they save money and with one small trade before the trade deadline, they would drop below the repeater tax

The Suns get the rental and opportunity for 3 months to see if it works and if they like what they see.

There is no way the Suns lose and in fact it's the Lakers that lose because they will lose the good will and possibility of signing Gasol to a new contract for less money and letting him finish his career in Los Angeles.

I would be happy if the Lakers could get one nice first round draft pick to go with the one they will get in the lottery.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My God Suns fans are something else. For the last time, it dont matter if Gasol will bring you a ship or not this year, he can be a nice piece for yall to build a championship team in the future. You have to take steps!

How is that not hard to understand?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My God Suns fans are something else. For the last time, it dont matter if Gasol will bring you a ship or not this year, he can be a nice piece for yall to build a championship team in the future. You have to take steps!

Its a better trade for the Lakers. You know it and most of the posters in this thread know it. You wouldn't be pushing it if it didnt involve a 1st rounder going to LA

AZ Sun

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Lakers are trying to pursue K Love in 2015,right? So tell me would you rather acquire K Love and use a young guy like him as a championship piece or resign 33 year old Gasol instead? The Suns are essentially in the same boat, minus the chances of getting Love. The answer is simple, you get the guy nearing his prime over the guy who's just about done.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what these other Lakers fans have been trying to tell you. Here is what the Lakers get

They drop the difference of 19.2 and 14 million and places them within strking distance of avoiding the luxary tax. They also save money because 80% of Okafor's salary is being paid by the insurance which means they pay the premiums and the 20% of Okafor's salary. Clearly they save money and with one small trade before the trade deadline, they would drop below the repeater tax

The Suns get the rental and opportunity for 3 months to see if it works and if they like what they see.

There is no way the Suns lose and in fact it's the Lakers that lose because they will lose the good will and possibility of signing Gasol to a new contract for less money and letting him finish his career in Los Angeles.

I would be happy if the Lakers could get one nice first round draft pick to go with the one they will get in the lottery.

Exactly well said, these Suns fans don't know what it takes to make a run in the playoff's & are hard headed about it. This is why they have never won anything, but I see AZ Sun does see the light wich is very rare to find in a Suns fan.

And what better way to learn from a fan base like the Lakers ? who have years of knowledge & know what it takes to win. We are trying to teach them for their own good, If they were to put their pride a side because they hate us, they might learn something, but it's a long shot they will be perceptive. :L

Last edited by a moderator:

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly well said, these Suns fans don't know what it takes to make a run in the playoff's & are hard headed about it. This is why they have never won anything, but I see AZ Sun does see the light wich is very rare to find in a Suns fan.

And what better way to learn from a fan base like the Lakers ? who have years of knowledge & know what it takes to win. We are trying to teach them for their own good, If they were to put their pride a side because they hate us, they might learn something, but it's a long shot they will be perceptive. :L

You're kidding me with this right? You act like you have experience running a professional sports franchise. Everyone knows you just sit on the couch with a beer in hand and chip crumbs on your shirt. Let be real here.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're kidding me with this right? You act like you have experience running a professional sports franchise. Everyone knows you just sit on the couch with a beer in hand and chip crumbs on your shirt. Let be real here.

Ah sorry I don't drink beer or do drugs....Fail!!

But thanks for telling me your life style, it sounds invigorating. :rofl:

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Missed the point. :doh:

A-WacksAZ first tells me that I drink beer & sit on my couch with chip crums on my shirt all day, wich was a Fail. :laugh3:

And now he says I missed the point, really ?? so far every Laker fan has been telling you what's common sense & even now AZ sun see's the light, maybe you will some day two. Let's pray & hope for your own good. :pray:

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A-WacksAZ first tells me that I drink beer & sit on my couch with chips all day, wich was a Fail. :laugh3:

And now he says I missed the point, really ?? so far every Laker fan has been telling you what's common sense & even now AZ sun see's the light, maybe you will some day two. Let's pray & hope for your own good. :pray:

I was referring to you being a casual fan just like 99.9% of us are and you talking about how other fanbases should be taking notes from Lakers fans like you guys are some sort of professor when it comes to running an NBA franchise. Simply laughable.