• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sumlin to Arizona

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK about that. His system set every single offensive record in the 3 yds and a cloud of dust conference in his 1st year. Not really sure what happened after that season; I mean, Sherman left him Manziel, but he had every single 5 star QB and couldn't make it work after JF left. Even the only other relevant team in your conference is running HUNH, although Bama doesn't run it the entire game, but they make it work. If Aggy was in the East, they would have won that division a few times. Not going to happen in the West with bama there.
Coach GQ was able to deal with JFF's and the general drama surrounding other diva QBs. Once he left....

^^^
Side note: It looks like that is Coach GQ's ceiling!

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Aggy also averaged like 8 home games every year or would play a non conference game in Houston every now and then. Not sure he'll be able to pull that off in the Pac.....
One other upside for Sumlin...

...Tucson > BCS!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KS recruiting ties in Texas is the big difference. Rich Rod was too scared to recruit Texas because of all the competition from other colleges. Let’s see if Sumlin can start reeling in some 4* players from this state.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KS recruiting ties in Texas is the big difference. Rich Rod was too scared to recruit Texas because of all the competition from other colleges. Let’s see if Sumlin can start reeling in some 4* players from this state.

He won't get many kids out of Texas.......he'd be better off focusing on Arizona and Cali

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He won't get many kids out of Texas.......he'd be better off focusing on Arizona and Cali

Well even a few kids from Texas is better than Rich Rod did. Rich Rod only had like 1 Texas recruit the whole time at Arizona. I think Sumlin will be able to pull more than a few decent players out of there.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a bad hire, Maybe you guys will eventually make your first Rose Bowl :dhd:

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dorian Gerald, College of the Canyons, Strong-Side Defensive End

rP64bzB.jpg

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good hire. Upgrade over Rodriguez but it's a mild one at that.

Rich wasn't that bad.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arizona got a better HC than Oregon.

:lol:

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Herm will be perfect in college football.....not as good as Carroll but close.
He has to figure out what compression jerseys are first.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a bad hire, Maybe you guys will eventually make your first Rose Bowl :dhd:

Lol ya that’s the running joke for our football program BUT in 2014 when the NCAA went to the playoff system, we WOULD have made it to the Rose Bowl that year under the old bowl system. Instead, we played in the Fiesta Bowl (and got spanked) and finished the season 10-3. I wish the NCAA would have waited just one more year to change the post season.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well even a few kids from Texas is better than Rich Rod did. Rich Rod only had like 1 Texas recruit the whole time at Arizona. I think Sumlin will be able to pull more than a few decent players out of there.

I'll just say this......temper your expectations.

Not even Ohio State pulled any kids out of Texas this year......maybe ONE. The ACC didn't get any. ND hasn't landed any. The PAC I think hasn't landed but 1 or 2 TOTAL. The B1G is getting 4, 2 to Michigan and 2 to Illinois. The SEC has 2 to Bama......I think like 2 to LSU and whoever goes to A&M....

Kids aren't in a hurry to leave the state.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not even Ohio State pulled any kids out of Texas this year......maybe ONE. The ACC didn't get any. ND hasn't landed any. The PAC I think hasn't landed but 1 or 2 TOTAL. The B1G is getting 4, 2 to Michigan and 2 to Illinois. The SEC has 2 to Bama......I think like 2 to LSU and whoever goes to A&M....

Yeah, but those two suckers North of the Red River are always pilfering several of ours. OU showing 9 (I'm not smart enough to figure out if either of the two IMG players are Texans or not) this year and Okie Lite showing 13.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but those two suckers North of the Red River are always pilfering several of ours. OU showing 9 (I'm not smart enough to figure out if either of the two IMG players are Texans or not) this year and Okie Lite showing 13.

yeah but virtually none of them are top 100 players. Might not be top 300, I'll have to check.

In essence, unless it's a diamond in the rough, they aren't landing difference makers. Texas alone took damn near the entire top 20, I've never seen that

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My expectations are definitely tempered but optimistic. Kevin Sumlin WONT ignore Texas, I can guarantee that. He has connections there and recruiting the state of Texas was a point of emphasis with this hire. I don’t expect to pull 5* players out of there but he might be able to reel in some 3*s and hopefully a few 4s. We’ll just have to wait and see but yes I understand that it’s a tough state to recruit from but in Sumlin we trust.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My expectations are definitely tempered but optimistic. Kevin Sumlin WONT ignore Texas, I can guarantee that. He has connections there and recruiting the state of Texas was a point of emphasis with this hire. I don’t expect to pull 5* players out of there but he might be able to reel in some 3*s and hopefully a few 4s. We’ll just have to wait and see but yes I understand that it’s a tough state to recruit from but in Sumlin we trust.

On the plus side.......Tucson is an easier sell than College Station, plus the coeds should help.