• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sullivan injury not too serious

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If not, Blythe will fill in. Blythe came in yesterday and did one helluva job as we ran up the gut on numerous occasions without any decline in offensive production.
He also looked real good when Sullivan went down a few weeks ago. McVay is some kind of crazy. Having 2 Centers (as opposed to our usual 0.0) that can actually play on the same team.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i still like Sullivan getting the ok to start over Blythe for experience, but its nice to know we may have a future at center with Blythe

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why I liken McVay to a combo between Knox and Vermeil. Both of those HCs had teams loaded with talent, two and three deep, year-in and year-out. The man has been taught well and is making all the right moves way above his years!!

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why I liken McVay to a combo between Knox and Vermeil. Both of those HCs had teams loaded with talent, two and three deep, year-in and year-out. The man has been taught well and is making all the right moves way above his years!!

He and his staff certainly seem to have an eye for talent that fits the system!!! :suds:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sullivan's leadership in-game and Whitworth's in-game and off-the-field leadership have turned a couple of three also-ran O-lineman (Havenstein, Brown, and Saffold) into pretty darn good players to date. The overall blocking in both run and pass and the down-field blocking is 1000% better than ever before and this line reminds me of the 1999 snooperbowl O-line when we had two perennial all-pros in Pace and Timmerman who, collectively made the other three way better. I like this development a great deal and we can only get better.

Last edited:

RamCub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I couldn't believe my ears the other day as the highlights of the London game came on when I heard a commentator say " the Rams have one of the best offensive lines in football".

Hearing it from a third party makes it more real!

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I couldn't believe my ears the other day as the highlights of the London game came on when I heard a commentator say " the Rams have one of the best offensive lines in football".

Hearing it from a third party makes it more real!

If you remember the preseason, the current and former players were saying how McVay knows every linemans position on each play. Where they're supposed to move, and who they're supposed to block, he knows it all.... They're probably scared to death to miss a block since they'll have to hear it from not just the line coach, but the HC as well...:lol:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn straight RamCub and LTRF. McVay may be the HC steal-away hire of the NFL decade if this all works out the way so many want it to at least for the foreseeable future. McVay's mentor and training have really produced a kid who draws the best out of everyone by being genuine, authentic, and extremely smart that he can't be fooled by athletes or FO people alike and he gains the trust of his players by providing convincing results on the field. In other words, McVay and company "walks-the-walk" with intensity, integrity, and knowledge and demands the same from his players and coaches. We shall see if he continues onward and upward in the coming weeks and months.

Last edited:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting side note about Sean McVay. His grandfather is none other than John McVay, the architect of the five snooperbowls of the 49ers under Bill Walsh back-in-the-day. This is really getting way better!!!

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the squad had a line this good since Pace, Timmerman, Mccullum, Nutten, Fred miller and that was the yr the boys won the chip.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya' forgot Mike Gruttadauria in the middle Jermaine. Let's see, it was (L to R) Pace, Nutten, Gruttadauria, Timmerman, Miller. McCullum came later, I believe.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, y'all remember all the bitching we all did about the Rams 'failing' to address the Center position in draft?

:lol:

I guess we all got so comfortable second guessing Snisher, and for good reason, that it just seemed like we were wiffing on an obvious position of need once again.

Now here we sit, 8 weeks into the season, and not only see the team had a plan to address the Center spot with an experienced free agent, they also upgraded our depth at Center too as we claimed Blythe off of waivers from Indy.

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya' forgot Mike Gruttadauria in the middle Jermaine. Let's see, it was (L to R) Pace, Nutten, Gruttadauria, Timmerman, Miller. McCullum came later, I believe.

lol yeah i forgot cause i couldn't pronounce it at the time..

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, y'all remember all the bitching we all did about the Rams 'failing' to address the Center position in draft?

I guess we all got so comfortable second guessing Snisher, and for good reason, that it just seemed like we were wiffing on an obvious position of need once again.

Now here we sit, 8 weeks into the season, and not only see the team had a plan to address the Center spot with an experienced free agent, they also upgraded our depth at Center too as we claimed Blythe off of waivers from Indy.

couple that in with fresh play calling...Fishers was a shit show. Hell i think some of the players IQ's dropped when he was the coach. Glad that pos Grob is Detroits problem now...dude just needs to call it quits at LT and just move to guard, clearly he doesn't have the intangibles needed for that role.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Funny enough, one of those names we were suggesting to draft when complaining about the center position was Blythe. Luckily enough, someone else made him available lol. Sullivan has been a solid FA signing for sure.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now we have two damn good centers. Sullivan's knees and lower legs are pretty beat-up. If he goes down, Blythe's substitution will absolutely not be a decline in Rams O-line blocking efficiency and performance by any stretch of the imagination. Blythe has already demonstrated that much!