• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Suh will not be franchised tagged

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Breaking news on nfl.com everyone wants Shelton so bad can you imagine him Suh and Hatcher on the line

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as most folks like to bash Snyder I am amazed at how many Snyder-esque suggestions are made here & in similar forums. I keep reading suggestions to get Suh, Hardy, Murray, AP, etc. People must have short memories since these are the type of moves that have gotten this team into a lot of trouble in the past.

People need to be more patient & stop looking for the quick fix. I am pretty sure that the current GM built his reputation by making a series of non-spectacular moves over time that eventually resulted in solid football teams. Let's all just wait & see what happens.

HTTR

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as most folks like to bash Snyder I am amazed at how many Snyder-esque suggestions are made here & in similar forums. I keep reading suggestions to get Suh, Hardy, Murray, AP, etc. People must have short memories since these are the type of moves that have gotten this team into a lot of trouble in the past.

People need to be more patient & stop looking for the quick fix. I am pretty sure that the current GM built his reputation by making a series of non-spectacular moves over time that eventually resulted in solid football teams. Let's all just wait & see what happens.

HTTR

Yeah, this makes me chuckle also. I guess it's like being a drug addict. People need their big splash FA signing fix. Unfortunately for them, I don't see scot signing any big splash FAs this year, with the exception of maybe one of the top interior OL men. Suh will not be one we pursue.

Lonewate44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard Rumbelings that the Patriots may Tag their Kicker...In which case...their Safty..Mccorty...I would be ok if he was the one and only big ticket Splash signing!!!!

Not saying we NEED the big splash...but if they are gonna spend big $$ on a player...he gets my vote......When all said and done however....Im betting he wont be a Redskin

Last edited:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
suh the player , i dont have an issue with , suh the freaking contract i do

martinez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he's one of my favorite players but no, too much money. hopefully he stays with the lions or goes to the afc

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sources with the organization" tell NBC Washington that the Redskins are interested in free agent Ndamukong Suh.
Consider this the least-surprising development of the offseason. Owner Daniel Snyder has long thought games are won in March, not September-December. Per the Washington Post, the Redskins have about $25 million in cap space. A run at Suh isn't a pipe dream, but would limit new GM Scot McCloughan's options in his first year on the job. The Redskins are 12-15 players away from being a contender, not one.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NBC Washington reports that the Redskins won't franchise tag free agent Brian Orakpo for the second-consecutive season, but that "both sides" are working on a new deal.

Orakpo was never going to be tagged after tearing his pec for the third time last season. He mustered just half a sack across seven games. With Orakpo going on 29, the 'Skins will try to bring him back at a discount.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just never know with this team.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suh the contract might not hurt too bad in year one.... its years 3-7 that might be painful as slipping off the pedal of your big brothers ten speed going down hill in flip flops on fresh asphault

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i wouldnt want to spend on one guy . again suh the player should be an asset . suh the contract can be an albatross especially when guys like kerrigan , williams and yes even Rak get snubbed by the team drafting them

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sources with the organization" tell NBC Washington that the Redskins are interested in free agent Ndamukong Suh.
Consider this the least-surprising development of the offseason. Owner Daniel Snyder has long thought games are won in March, not September-December. Per the Washington Post, the Redskins have about $25 million in cap space. A run at Suh isn't a pipe dream, but would limit new GM Scot McCloughan's options in his first year on the job. The Redskins are 12-15 players away from being a contender, not one.

Just shoot me now

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just shoot me now

You guys have got to remember that Dan also has to sell HOPE NOW while the season ticket holders are about to be hit up for the yearly donation. ( Most of whom do NOT follow the team nearly as close as some of us) Moves like Suh, trading up for players two months before the draft, and big name hunting in general are not meant to impress us lowly general admission types. Its to get the casual fan excited because THESE are the names they hear on sports center every weekend. So like as not, there will be some names associated with the team even if we dont sign a single one... its called advertising to a degree.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First, I don't see this happening. But if it does, can anyone really say that Dan is not still calling the shots on personnel? No way Scot signs a guy like this for that kind of money with so many other holes he needs to fill.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First, I don't see this happening. But if it does, can anyone really say that Dan is not still calling the shots on personnel? No way Scot signs a guy like this for that kind of money with so many other holes he needs to fill.

Depends... First off we have roughly $31 million in cap space right now. Add in getting rid of Chester which I expect to happen and all of a sudden you are up to $34 million.

We are going to have to spend alot to meet the league minimum this year. Thats in CASH outlay, not cap dollars. Dont get me wrong, Suh is not going to come for less than $10 million against the cap this year, and Im figuring more like $15 million.

But on the flip side, they are going to load up on the defense. Basically they blamed last season on the defense and brought Barry in to be the savior, part of that is dramatically increasing the talent pool on that side of the ball. And as much as we all want to say we are in a total rebuild, the people that actually fund the team are not going to sit back and take a 6-10 season.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends... First off we have roughly $31 million in cap space right now. Add in getting rid of Chester which I expect to happen and all of a sudden you are up to $34 million.

We are going to have to spend alot to meet the league minimum this year. Thats in CASH outlay, not cap dollars. Dont get me wrong, Suh is not going to come for less than $10 million against the cap this year, and Im figuring more like $15 million.

But on the flip side, they are going to load up on the defense. Basically they blamed last season on the defense and brought Barry in to be the savior, part of that is dramatically increasing the talent pool on that side of the ball. And as much as we all want to say we are in a total rebuild, the people that actually fund the team are not going to sit back and take a 6-10 season.

well i truly hope you and j-y are wrong because then the hiring of scotty was just more lipstick on a sick pig

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Then take that $15m and fill 2 or 3 holes with good players, not one hole with a great, but troubled, player.