• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Such a contrast.....

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been posting on the Giants ESPN MB and the Sharks ESPN MB probably about 4 years of active participation and have been reading both boards for about, well since February 2003 apparently (according to my profile), lol.

That said, the Sharks board has pretty much no trolls at all (the lone exception is during playoff time). It's been that way for a very long time. Now I know hockey (especially in the bay area) is about 1/5th as popular as baseball is (if not a smaller ratio than that), but I've never seen a board that is non-centralized (i.e. - MLB MB Home or NHL MB Home.....NOT individual teams) that has sooo many trolls.....and bad, bad trolls at that. I mean Tito, Nolan, inoutrepeat, livindisup, SD_E, etc. is a large burden to bare. Usually Message Boards that have a decent amount of regular posters seems to only have 2 trolls or so and if there are others, they don't post very regularly at least. It's simply amazing to me the sheer volume of trolls the ESPN SF Board has. It's too bad too because I used to really like that board a lot.

The lot of you guys here are fighting the good fight over there, but that board seems especially chaotic today.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I've been posting on the Giants ESPN MB and the Sharks ESPN MB probably about 4 years of active participation and have been reading both boards for about, well since February 2003 apparently (according to my profile), lol.

That said, the Sharks board has pretty much no trolls at all (the lone exception is during playoff time). It's been that way for a very long time. Now I know hockey (especially in the bay area) is about 1/5th as popular as baseball is (if not a smaller ratio than that), but I've never seen a board that is non-centralized (i.e. - MLB MB Home or NHL MB Home.....NOT individual teams) that has sooo many trolls.....and bad, bad trolls at that. I mean Tito, Nolan, inoutrepeat, livindisup, SD_E, etc. is a large burden to bare. Usually Message Boards that have a decent amount of regular posters seems to only have 2 trolls or so and if there are others, they don't post very regularly at least. It's simply amazing to me the sheer volume of trolls the ESPN SF Board has. It's too bad too because I used to really like that board a lot.

The lot of you guys here are fighting the good fight over there, but that board seems especially chaotic today.

Aside from a few more forays into that board (after Cain pitchers the clincher) I'm done with the ESPN board. Even the punking of the regular trolls is losing it's appeal to entertain.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aside from a few more forays into that board (after Cain pitchers the clincher) I'm done with the ESPN board. Even the punking of the regular trolls is losing it's appeal to entertain.

I agree. It just a bummer, that used to be a very fun and lively board.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I'm with gp on this. Only so many times you can mess around and show you are smarter than people. They keep coming back for more. And they multiply, actual people and alts. It's all The Abyss now.

This is supposed to be about sports, and rooting for the Giants. I'll likely lurk over there but I think I'm done posting.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a troll driven board.

I will still hang out on both, free time is a rarity these days, but I can almost predict how bad the board will be before i go there.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'll settle down in the offseason, as always and hopefully most don't come back.

nateistheshi

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Perhaps the trolls over there have become such great friends that they have started to synchronize their periods?

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps the trolls over there have become such great friends that they have started to synchronize their periods?

LOL! Well played nate. Well played.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm less and less interested in that board. Punking Senseless is about all that's left for me now.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm less and less interested in that board. Punking Senseless is about all that's left for me now.

I'm even done with that part of it. 4North posts well but I can read his stuff without conversing with the others there.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
So Tito is saying that you can throw out stats in the post season..... I think most would agree - small sample size and all. What's funny is that he is creating a scenario where he'll conclude that Halliday has no "heart" if he doesn't pitch well in the playoffs. Petitio Principii in a nutshell.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Tito is saying that you can throw out stats in the post season..... I think most would agree - small sample size and all. What's funny is that he is creating a scenario where he'll conclude that Halliday has no "heart" if he doesn't pitch well in the playoffs. Petitio Principii in a nutshell.

Or, considering Tito's disability, since he's decided Halladay is a warrior full of 'heart', any Halladay losses will not actually be his fault. Umps maybe, or start time, or losing 3-2 = a good start (unless Cain does it, then it's a bad L).

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As things stand now on the other board, we can call it the Abyss Board. He seems to have taken control. Almost by brute force of his postings. Again, everything seems to be in semi-rant mode. He continually posts his opinions and tries to pass them off as absolute truths. If I have to read again why Sanchez is the best pitcher we have or will ever have I'm going to throw up.
He continually is in Cain attack mode while he over evaluates Sanchez. His best quote of today was that most of Sanchez's walks are intentional. I've never seen someone try and hold a position as hard as the Abyss does. Someone threw an interesting stat at the Abyss the other day. It surprised me. It seems that Sanchez rarely gets into the 7th inning in most of his starts. There are quite a few times he's pulled after 5 and 6 innings. His control has always been an issue. I've never questioned the nastiness of his stuff. He seems prone to a two walk, cheap single followed by a blast inning. Damn walks always come back to haunt. He actually stated that he wanted Zito over Cain in the rotation. I did notice that he never mentioned Velez's excellent bunt attempt yesterday. I'm at the point where I think he is more annoying than NN.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Just a note:

Beanpolesucks is Tito.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a note:

Beanpolesucks is Tito.

Really? Speculating, or pretty sure?

Now that you mention it I do see similarities, but that could be confirmation bias.