• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SU @ Duke - Not a Game Thread

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just your thoughts.

Both SU and Duke are coming off of a loss. SU to a RPI 200 team and Duke already with 6 losses, 4 in the ACC.

My guess is come Monday, either Duke or SU will be out of the Top 10. Thoughts?

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just your thoughts.

Both SU and Duke are coming off of a loss. SU to a RPI 200 team and Duke already with 6 losses, 4 in the ACC.

I cannot image SU dropping out of the top 10.

If they beat duke, I'd have them still at #1. If they lose... they drop below Florida and possibly WSU, and maybe Zona (if none of them lose) but no further. #4 at worse for SU in my opinion, and still a #1 seed.

Duke, on the other hand probably woulddrop out of top-10 with 7 losses, but not much further.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If they beat duke, I'd have them still at #1. If they lose... they drop below Florida and WSU, and maybe Zona (if none of them lose) but no further. #4 at worse for SU in my opinion, and still a #1 seed.

Duke, on the other hand probably woulddrop out of top-10 with 7 losses, but not much further.

Gary Parish, cbs 25 & 1 has SU at 4 right now. SU is the only top 20 team with a loss to a rpi 200 team....at home no less. Add in the luck shots in the Pitt late comeback in the NC State game...SU is being questioned.

It sounds like you do agree Duke will fall out of the top ten though.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just your thoughts.

If Duke loses, then they are out of the top ten because of the bad losses earlier. Syracuse is another matter; even with a loss they are still just a two loss team. No worse than 8th, imo. That said, if Syracuse then loses to Virginia, that would be bad and no doubt leaving the top 10. I take either team on a neutral court and call them both top 5 for sure. These rankings can really get skewed. Where would Wichita St. be if they were in the AC C......not NR 3 for sure.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Cuse drops from the top 10 if they lose. Arizona lost two games to unranked opponents (although both were miles better than Boston College) but we still stayed in the top 4. No way Cuse drops out of the top 10.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coach K after the SU loss: "I can't ask anything more from my guys,"

Coach K after the UNC loss: "We didn't have life ... and that, to me, is the disappointing thing. I'm not afraid to lose and respect people who beat us. But I would've liked to have done more tonight in the second half. So I'm walking out of here frustrated -- not with the loss but with the fact that we didn't ante up the way we should've."

I wonder how the bus ride home went. :nod: Or pratice today.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gary Parish, cbs 25 & 1 has SU at 4 right now. SU is the only top 20 team with a loss to a rpi 200 team....at home no less. Add in the luck shots in the Pitt late comeback in the NC State game...SU is being questioned.

It sounds like you do agree Duke will fall out of the top ten though.

Yeah, the fact that the loss was to BC is pretty bad. Still, being a 1 or 2 loss team in a power conference right now... that equals a top 5 IMO, even if 1 loss is bad.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coach Boeheim after the NC State Win on Rakeem Christmas: “I thought he was good the whole game. He’s learning to stay out of foul trouble and made a couple blocks out there,” he offered. “He was really the difference in the game—made his free throws. All those free throws he took and made were crucial.”

Coach Boeheim after the BC Loss on Rakeem Christmas: "I thought Rak would have a big game tonight and he was non-existent," Boeheim said. "Non-existent the whole game."

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If they beat duke, I'd have them still at #1. If they lose... they drop below Florida and possibly WSU, and maybe Zona (if none of them lose) but no further. #4 at worse for SU in my opinion, and still a #1 seed.

beating duke won't keep them at #1. When you lose to a team as bad as BC you drop, no matter what. Consider Florida's two losses were to top 25 teams in true road games early in the season. The voters have noticed how bad syracuse was playing before the BC game, I promise you, so a win against Duke will allow them to potentially stay ahead of WSU and definitely stay ahead of us. A loss to Duke and they drop to would be my guess

Lukekraus45

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that Duke would fall to 10 or 11 if they lost, but I don't think Cuse would fall out only because they are playing at Duke. The AP voters don't seem to move teams based on margin of victory but rather wish and losses. What I mean is that just because the games vs. Pitt and NCSU were close shouldn't affect their ranking, rather they will only look at the BC game and result of Duke game which would not be enough to knock them out of the top 10

CoolStoryBro

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Cuse wins at Duke I think it'll be one of the those things where Florida or Syracuse get 35 or 30 votes, it'll be close I think. Florida will go number one and we would stay In front of WSU. We lose we drop to behind Zona. We lose at UVA we drop to 6/7. We win out after a loss to UVA and Duke with a couple games in the ACC tourney we will grab a 1 seed in the dance.

BEAT DUKE BABY

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coach Boeheim after the NC State Win on Rakeem Christmas: “I thought he was good the whole game. He’s learning to stay out of foul trouble and made a couple blocks out there,” he offered. “He was really the difference in the game—made his free throws. All those free throws he took and made were crucial.”

Coach Boeheim after the BC Loss on Rakeem Christmas: "I thought Rak would have a big game tonight and he was non-existent," Boeheim said. "Non-existent the whole game."

I'm thinking Coach K gave them all cupcakes today and a walk thru.:omg:

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL if you think the voters give more than 2 seconds thought. They look at the records. That's it. SU wins and they stay #1. You can take that to the bank.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL if you think the voters give more than 2 seconds thought. They look at the records. That's it. SU wins and they stay #1. You can take that to the bank.

You are a funny guy....the other day you predicted Duke by 20; how did that work out?

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are a funny guy....the other day you predicted Duke by 20; how did that work out?

That was a reverse-jinx prediction and it worked brilliantly. I hate Duke with a passion.