• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Strength of Victory of Playoff Teams

boltfan72

ex-Charger fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
San Diego 0.549
Cincinnati 0.494
New Orleans 0.455
Carolina 0.451
Indianapolis 0.449
Seattle 0.445
New England 0.427
Denver 0.423
San Francisco 0.414
Philadelphia 0.391
Green Bay 0.371
Kansas City 0.335

Top two meet this week in what many consider the worst game of the weekend. SD and Cincy have a combined 9 wins against teams on this list.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
San Diego 0.549
Cincinnati 0.494
New Orleans 0.455
Carolina 0.451
Indianapolis 0.449
Seattle 0.445
New England 0.427
Denver 0.423
San Francisco 0.414
Philadelphia 0.391
Green Bay 0.371
Kansas City 0.335

Top two meet this week in what many consider the worst game of the weekend. SD and Cincy have a combined 9 wins against teams on this list.

Stop posting things that are fact. San Diego sucks and will get blown out. Remember? :rollseyes:

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
San Diego 0.549
Cincinnati 0.494
New Orleans 0.455
Carolina 0.451
Indianapolis 0.449
Seattle 0.445
New England 0.427
Denver 0.423
San Francisco 0.414
Philadelphia 0.391
Green Bay 0.371
Kansas City 0.335

The Bengals are more heavily favored than any team playing this weekend, but that certainly doesn't mean that game will be the "worst" game. I guess that to the extent those "strength of victory" figures are informative, being an underdog hurts SD's chances less than it might other teams.

boltfan72

ex-Charger fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop posting things that are fact. San Diego sucks and will get blown out. Remember? :rollseyes:

:lol: I just hope they don't get blown out. That dbag won't stop running his mouth for at least another week. It's funny, my team is one of around a dozen that still doesn't have a Super Bowl, but has twice as many playoff wins in it's history than Cincy. I'm amazed there's a Bengals fan that acts like that.

boltfan72

ex-Charger fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bengals are more heavily favored than any team playing this weekend, but that certainly doesn't mean that game will be the "worst" game. I guess that to the extent those "strength of victory" figures are informative, being an underdog hurts SD's chances less than it might other teams.

Had the Bolts not laid an egg against the Chiefs backups it would probably be a tighter spread. Should be interesting though. Bengals are 8-0 at home and 8-0 at home against the spread, while the Chargers worst loss this year was by 8 points. Something's gotta give.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had the Bolts not laid an egg against the Chiefs backups it would probably be a tighter spread. Should be interesting though. Bengals are 8-0 at home and 8-0 at home against the spread, while the Chargers worst loss this year was by 8 points. Something's gotta give.

I definitely think that had to add a couple of points to the spread. Not really sure how meaningful any of the statistics or history are. Really all comes down to which team plays better. I think that the Bengals are more likely to win, but I won't be shocked if SD pulls the upset.

boltfan72

ex-Charger fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I definitely think that had to add a couple of points to the spread. Not really sure how meaningful any of the statistics or history are. Really all comes down to which team plays better. I think that the Bengals are more likely to win, but I won't be shocked if SD pulls the upset.

I agree. The Bolts have been so inconsistent this year that they could win by 20 or lose by 20 and I wouldn't be shocked either way.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Have to agree here, Football is filled with complex relationships that are not easily quantifiable as they are in a sport like Baseball.

Baseballnut77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could this finally be the year that rivers takes the next step? wouldn't surprise me one bit. way to talented to not be able to shake up the playoffs

Ties5o11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Chargers are the ultimate hot cold team. They beat the Broncos in Denver one week and lose to the Raiders the next. I would never bet on a game involving them this year.

Stevein2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It certainly helps SDs SOV that they lost to 3 teams that have top 5 draft picks.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Remember that Cincy took a knee on the 3 yard line, or whatever it was to end the 1st meeting. Game could have easily been a 14 point game.

SD will be tough, no doubt. Rivers is one of those guys, but, IMO, the matchup heavily favors the Bengals.

Cold weather game with winds, makes it tough to throw. Bengals defense has only allowed 5 passing TD's all year at home, plus their pass-rush is really good. Add in the fact that the run defense is also really good, and you can understand why the matchup here favors the Bengals. Rivers had his worst day against the Bengals, I believe (but I could be wrong on that, maybe just one of his worst). Matthews has been much better in the last few games, but he's not running wild on the bengals defense.

Swing to the other side, and you know that the Chargers are going to bring pressure to rattle Dalton, but the OL has one of the best protection rates (2nd behind Denver) in the NFL. Also, SD doesn't defense the pass, or the run very well at all. Seeing how it'll be cold and windy, I expect to see more of the same power running sets that SD failed to stop before.

Ultimately, the plays will come down to Dalton vs SD Defense and Rivers vs Cin Defense...while Dalton is the weaker of the two, SD defense has too many holes, and Cincinnati's defense, overall, is IMO just too good. They've held the likes of Brady, Luck, Rodgers, Roethlisburger all in check this year. Stafford was the only QB to pass for more than 1 TD against the Bengals (in Det) since early 2012.

I think it will be good, but I think the Bengals will pull away late behind a few timely stops (2nd in NFL in 3-and-outs behind 49ers) and their running game as they did in SD.

But, as we've all said...this is why they play the games.

indypatfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can any cincy fan talk trash about any teams history.

boltfan72

ex-Charger fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It certainly helps SDs SOV that they lost to 3 teams that have top 5 draft picks.

True, but had they won those 3 games the SOV would still be 0.458, 2nd of all playoff teams. The point is they won 5 games against playoff teams, most of any team.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but had they won those 3 games the SOV would still be 0.458, 2nd of all playoff teams. The point is they won 5 games against playoff teams, most of any team.

That 5 games though was helped in playing the KC back ups in the final game. The back ups made a game of it and in theory should have won at least if the refs had made the calls they should have but hey that is ancient history. That would then put the Chargers right in line with quite a few of the other teams in the playoffs with only 4 wins against playoff teams which would tie them with the Broncos, Cincinnati, and Indy. Throw in the Broncos and Chargers were at somewhat an advantage having more opportunities with a couple extra games since 3 teams went to the playoffs in the division.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That 5 games though was helped in playing the KC back ups in the final game. The back ups made a game of it and in theory should have won at least if the refs had made the calls they should have but hey that is ancient history. That would then put the Chargers right in line with quite a few of the other teams in the playoffs with only 4 wins against playoff teams which would tie them with the Broncos, Cincinnati, and Indy. Throw in the Broncos and Chargers were at somewhat an advantage having more opportunities with a couple extra games since 3 teams went to the playoffs in the division.

Indeed. I don't think you can count the last game against KC. They didn't play a playoff team in week 17, they played the backups. So, they are 4-2, which is still really good. Cincinnati happens to be 4-0. Not that it means anything on Sunday.

Also, it's not like they beat murderer's row to get into the playoffs. The win @Denver was impressive, there's no doubt about that. Beating the Giants, and Oakland, and barely getting by the KC scrubs is hardly what you would call a solid win streak.

But, they are in, and that's all that matters. I think it will be close, but I think Cincinnati will pull away late.

boltfan72

ex-Charger fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, attempt to diminish it all you want, but road wins at Philly, KC, and Denver are nothing to laugh at. They were heavy underdogs in all those games, and not only covered, they won.

Indy was also favored in the Monday night game that the Bolts won by 10.

Point is, they can play with anyone. They are also very capable of laying an egg. So we'll see who shows up on Sunday.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, attempt to diminish it all you want, but road wins at Philly, KC, and Denver are nothing to laugh at. They were heavy underdogs in all those games, and not only covered, they won.

Point is, they can play with anyone. They are also very capable of laying an egg. So we'll see who shows up on Sunday.

No one's diminishing anything. If anything, SD did that on their own when they nearly choked away a shot at the playoffs against a bunch of scrubs, at home. It's also fair to point out the competition down the stretch wasn't "great". But, as I said, it doesn't matter, because they are in. Don't get your panties in a twist. Nearly everything I've posted has been reasonable and fairly diplomatic.

You bitch about the guy who makes grandoise claims, and then bitch about the guy who's making an attempt to have an actual discussion.

Quit bein' a bitch.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wasn't laughing at those wins. I was impressed by the Bolts in Denver. They did what every team hopes to do in get pressure up the middle on Peyton and keep him off the field with great ball control. Honestly of all the teams in the AFC that worry the most I would say it is San Diego. Just was pointing towards I don't know if that SOV is as objective as you would like it to be considering some of the losses that you suffered against inferior teams as has been pointed out plus playing the second and third string Chiefs team and needing some help to win that. IF there has been one consistency in the NFL this year it has been inconsistency in my opinion. I don't know if I have ever seen playoff teams lay so many eggs against bad teams this year such as the Bolts and Indy. At the same time then you have the Chiefs who beat almost everybody that a playoff team should but not really win any that show they can hang with the big boys yet here we are having no clue especially in the AFC what the heck is going to happen. Like I said I am more afraid of the 6 seed than I am of the 2 seed at this point in the season for the Broncos.

boltfan72

ex-Charger fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one's diminishing anything. If anything, SD did that on their own when they nearly choked away a shot at the playoffs against a bunch of scrubs, at home. It's also fair to point out the competition down the stretch wasn't "great". But, as I said, it doesn't matter, because they are in. Don't get your panties in a twist. Nearly everything I've posted has been reasonable and fairly diplomatic.

You bitch about the guy who makes grandoise claims, and then bitch about the guy who's making an attempt to have an actual discussion.

Quit bein' a bitch.

5-1 down the stretch against with the opponents combined records being 57-39. What are these "grandiose claims" I'm making? The only point I'm making is the Chargers are capable of beating anyone, anywhere. They're also capable of losing. Try to stay with me. And don't worry, I won't resort to name calling on a message board. Any pussy can do that.