• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Streaker at SB made six figures?

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I worked security at Fenway for 4 years. They were adamant about NOT doing that if anyone ever went on the field. Tons of liability.
It all depends though. Is private security in Fenway under the supervision of the BPD? I know at least in Seattle dude could get the shit kicked out of him because security at the two stadiums while being paid by the teams, teams also pay the police officers and security can’t do anything without approval from whichever officer is in charge of the game.

Ron G

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never have had a problem with arresting these disrupters. But if the guy did the same thing (with clothes on) at my kids birthday party in the backyard, he would not be arrested and if I tackled him, I might be. It seems that trespassing is enforced at different levels.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It all depends though. Is private security in Fenway under the supervision of the BPD? I know at least in Seattle dude could get the shit kicked out of him because security at the two stadiums while being paid by the teams, teams also pay the police officers and security can’t do anything without approval from whichever officer is in charge of the game.

Red Sox security are Red Sox employees. The BPD at the game are not paid directly by the Red Sox. They request to be on that “detail”. The city pays them detail pay but the Red Sox reimburse the city for that. By doing it this way the BPD still maintain all their police powers (and police immunity) because they are not Red Sox employees

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Red Sox security are Red Sox employees. The BPD at the game are not paid directly by the Red Sox. They request to be on that “detail”. The city pays them detail pay but the Red Sox reimburse the city for that. By doing it this way the BPD still maintain all their police powers (and police immunity) because they are not Red Sox employees
Hmm, that is weird cause Boston is a union town or maybe it could be Fenway is privately owned? Out here at least, if any public stadium has private security the promoter has to pay police officers overtime and they run point on all situations. It is actually a great gig and why Seattle Police officers make so much money.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm, that is weird cause Boston is a union town or maybe it could be Fenway is privately owned? Out here at least, if any public stadium has private security the promoter has to pay police officers overtime and they run point on all situations. It is actually a great gig and why Seattle Police officers make so much money.

BPD does most definitely NOT “run point” at Fenway security. The security does and they have BPD as “back up”.

Before security ever ejects anyone the “unit leader” will radio their boss to tell them they want to eject someone. (i.e. Unit 11 to unit 9. I have 2 to go in section 32). The boss will then bring BPD to assist in the removal of the fan(s)