• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stoops 9 BCS Bowls in 12 years

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They beat two top 10 schools and several other ranked teams. Their SOS was better than Alabama's so put that in your bong and toke it. BOOM

NCAA College Football Future SOS Rankings & Ratings

You might want to learn how to look at that link you included because FSU is behind both Alabama and Auburn on SOS. BOOM!!!!

I also don't need one formula to tell me a SOS, I know enough about football to know FSU's schedule absolutely sucked! BOOM Again!!!!

Rather Be Fishin'

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You might want to learn how to look at that link you included because FSU is behind both Alabama and Auburn on SOS. BOOM!!!!

I also don't need one formula to tell me a SOS, I know enough about football to know FSU's schedule absolutely sucked! BOOM Again!!!!

Since when is 19 a higher number than 10? Don't they teach math in Oklahoma? BOOM

And it's more than ONE formula, the college football world knows that FSU had a stronger SOS than Bama. Double BOOM BOOM

BoomerNTX

~Boomer FN Sooner~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm a musician, I'm happy to be nominated for a Grammy, even if I don't win it. Better than not getting the recognition of your peers.

If I'm an actor, I'm happy to be nominated for an Oscar, even if I don't win it. Better than not getting recognition from your peers.

If I'm an Div I team, I'm happy to get an invite to the NCG, even if I don't win it. Better than sitting on your ass watching it from home.

There are 120+ teams. 2 get to play in the NCG. This means 118 or so get to watch. Stoops has led his team to the NCG 4 times in 15 seasons. In other words, about 1/4th of the time he has coached there. In other words, he has had one of the top 2 teams in the nation about 25% of the time. He has dominated the B12. He has the upper hand against OU's rival, UT. True, OU doesn't always win their bowls.....especially the bigger ones. As a fan, I'm happier watching OU play in big games in Jan. than not playing in them.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama is a great team STILL. They're not as dominant on the OL I don't think. Slightly suspect on the D at times. I just hope they're inspired and give it their all...we need to know how far away we are from getting there. I want to know how we can matchup against the current best..I want to know if our players AND coaching staff can rise to the occasion...but more than anything else, I want to know one simple thing.....................
HEY OD!
HOW'S OUR ASS TASTE?

Phantom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To answer your question, it's much better to get to the big dance instead of playing in the Alamo or Holiday bowl. If you don't get there, I'm pretty sure you don't have the opportunity to win it. Pretty sure.

It's so funny. Stoops has been to the BCS 9 times and I think Mack Brown has been to the Holiday and Alamo bowl 9 times. Ok, i'm exaggerating a little but it sure feels like 9 times.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the second at large bid OU has got.

4 bcs title games 1-3
3 fiesta bowls for winning the Big XII 1-2
2 at large (2002 rose bowl, 2013 sugar bowl) 1-0

:dance::dance::dance:

Last edited by a moderator:

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I so want to pass all over this thread and Bob, but you have give the man respect. He got to BCS bowl with a team held together by saliva and duct tape.

Rather Be Fishin'

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm a musician, I'm happy to be nominated for a Grammy, even if I don't win it. Better than not getting the recognition of your peers.

If I'm an actor, I'm happy to be nominated for an Oscar, even if I don't win it. Better than not getting recognition from your peers.

If I'm an Div I team, I'm happy to get an invite to the NCG, even if I don't win it. Better than sitting on your ass watching it from home.

There are 120+ teams. 2 get to play in the NCG. This means 118 or so get to watch. Stoops has led his team to the NCG 4 times in 15 seasons. In other words, about 1/4th of the time he has coached there. In other words, he has had one of the top 2 teams in the nation about 25% of the time. He has dominated the B12. He has the upper hand against OU's rival, UT. True, OU doesn't always win their bowls.....especially the bigger ones. As a fan, I'm happier watching OU play in big games in Jan. than not playing in them.

Great post.

However, UT has won more RRSO's than OU. As far as the NCG goes, Stoops does seem to take them to the promised land at a great clip. Just can't seem to get er done at a great clip.

Whatever happened to that Jason White dude? He was awesome.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I so want to pass all over this thread and Bob, but you have give the man respect. He got to BCS bowl with a team held together by saliva and duct tape.

Ha that's funny right there! Only because it's true. The injurys this year to overcome where unbelievable.

And Jason White blew out both his knees.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great post.

However, UT has won more RRSO's than OU. As far as the NCG goes, Stoops does seem to take them to the promised land at a great clip. Just can't seem to get er done at a great clip.

I get sick of these "Harry Connick's" talking shit about us "FRANK SINATRA'S". Really. I really really do.

I do believe they are a givin' me the vapors!
[YOUTUBE]xIeW1Laio-c[/YOUTUBE]

BoomerNTX

~Boomer FN Sooner~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great post.

Yeah, UT won alot more RRR's when OU was basically a junior college and the players wore leather helmets. In the Stoops era, Stoops has the upper hand against Brown. A 9-6 advantage. The year after Stoops took over OU, he won 5 in a row. Before this season, he won 3 in a row, the past 2 winning by 40 pts. If you look at the last 10, 20, 30, 40 or 50 years, OU has the advantage in the RRR.

The inability to close the deal by Stoops is frustrating. He doesn't prepare well for bowl games. He has averaged 10-1/2 wins at OU per season, which ain't bad. As a team, OU does get revenge well. If we lose to a team in a season, we don't lose to them the next season. OU has done well with home and away OOC matchups with FSU, ND and other good teams.

Jason White was too beat up to get drafted in the NFL. His knees were silly putty by the time his OU career ended. He basically got into various business adventures since football.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as much as i hate alabama, a small piece of me wants saban to show stoops what the SEC is all about since he evidently didn't learn his lesson in last season's cotton bowl.

TEAM SEC!

We know.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most BCS bowl appearances: Ohio St 11 (counting this year)

Most BCS bowl wins: Ohio St 6

Yeah, guess who is 2nd. Oklahoma. Yeah they might not have been as successful winning them, but with the BCS being around for 16 years that is 10 appearances in 16 years. Very impressive!

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

and a good dose of Sooner Magic!~

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama is a great team STILL. They're not as dominant on the OL I don't think. Slightly suspect on the D at times. I just hope they're inspired and give it their all...we need to know how far away we are from getting there. I want to know how we can matchup against the current best..I want to know if our players AND coaching staff can rise to the occasion...but more than anything else, I want to know one simple thing.....................
HEY OD!
HOW'S OUR ASS TASTE?

BRB - Let me go complain to a mod about this.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:humble::bounce:Sugar Bowl :bounce: :humble:

:whoo::happyshake::whoo:

sooner78wakeboard

Sooner Born, Sooner Bred
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This....what Stoops has done this year is amazing. If you looked at the beginning of the year predicted it was going to be a 10 win season and OU would be in a BCS game, folks would think your smoking some ganja. Let alone we have played 3 QB's, had injuries galore to anyone with experience.

OU only has two seniors on defense, mainly just freshman and sophomores. At one point OU had 2 true freshman linebackers starting with a true freshman at DE and redshirt freshman at NG and CB.

This is a team that has fought for everything that they have gotten.

offshore1509

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This....what Stoops has done this year is amazing. If you looked at the beginning of the year predicted it was going to be a 10 win season and OU would be in a BCS game, folks would think your smoking some ganja. Let alone we have played 3 QB's, had injuries galore to anyone with experience.

OU only has two seniors on defense, mainly just freshman and sophomores. At one point OU had 2 true freshman linebackers starting with a true freshman at DE and redshirt freshman at NG and CB.

This is a team that has fought for everything that they have gotten.

Says a lot about the prospects of putting a really good team on the field next year.