• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stoops 9 BCS Bowls in 12 years

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And he gets no credit. So is it better to get to a Bcs game and lose to a great program or get to a Holliday/Alamo Bowl and blow out a lesser team?

tideguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,211.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's best to win

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's normally better to go to a lesser bowl and win but in Oklahoma's case we are at a tipping point. Either the program continues to decline (by OU standards) or we right the ship and start turning things around. OU needs to play a game like this to see where we really stand. Are we capable of playing an elite team a hard game or not? Can we play a SEC powerhouse and not embarrass ourselves? Or are we to the point we have to finally admit that a bad loss is hard evidence Oklahoma is not the program it used to be. I am praying for a win, expecting a close loss and hoping we don't get blown out. It is going to be a game that OU fans will look back on for years to come because it truly gave the coaches, the players and the OU administration a clear understanding of what the condition of the OU football program really was. Bend over OU, here comes the colonoscopy.

offshore1509

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It's normally better to go to a lesser bowl and win but in Oklahoma's case we are at a tipping point. Either the program continues to decline (by OU standards) or we right the ship and start turning things around. OU needs to play a game like this to see where we really stand. Are we capable of playing an elite team a hard game or not? Can we play a SEC powerhouse and not embarrass ourselves? Or are we to the point we have to finally admit that a bad loss is hard evidence Oklahoma is not the program it used to be. I am praying for a win, expecting a close loss and hoping we don't get blown out. It is going to be a game that OU fans will look back on for years to come because it truly gave the coaches, the players and the OU administration a clear understanding of what the condition of the OU football program really was. Bend over OU, here comes the colonoscopy.

This will be a better game than most believe it will be.

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as much as i hate alabama, a small piece of me wants saban to show stoops what the SEC is all about since he evidently didn't learn his lesson in last season's cotton bowl.

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And he gets no credit. So is it better to get to a Bcs game and lose to a great program or get to a Holliday/Alamo Bowl and blow out a lesser team?

At schools like OU, ND, USC, Texas, etc., going to a BCS game isn't getting it done. Winning is what it's all about.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stoops gets no credit because of his repeated failures in BCS bowls. The only BCS win OU has in the last decade is over 8-4 UConn who was only there because they were the shiniest turd from the Big LEast, but wasn't even ranked. This year would be a HUGE step in the right direction for him.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as much as i hate alabama, a small piece of me wants saban to show stoops what the SEC is all about since he evidently didn't learn his lesson in last season's cotton bowl.

Why is it that when I try and talk actual football with you, you ignore me and only continue to put up troll posts like this one?

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is it that when I try and talk actual football with you, you ignore me and only continue to put up troll posts like this one?

you really need to narrow your definition of a troll post. stoops mocked the SEC this season despite getting trashed by texas a&m in last year's cotton bowl.

how is it a troll post for me to come in a thread about bob stoops and let people know that as much as i hate bama, part of me wouldn't mine seeing him get embarrassed by the SEC again?

and furthermore, how was i supposed to respond to you when you hadn't even posted in the thread.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you really need to narrow your definition of a troll post. stoops mocked the SEC this season despite getting trashed by texas a&m in last year's cotton bowl.

how is it a troll post for me to come in a thread about bob stoops and let people know that as much as i hate bama, part of me wouldn't mine seeing him get embarrassed by the SEC again?

and furthermore, how was i supposed to respond to you when you hadn't even posted in the thread.

There we go, knew that would get your attention.

I tried twice to talk to you about your thoughts on the FSU-Auburn matchups yesterday in both the NCG game thread and one more, and even though you were online you refused to discuss. See, I'm trying to give posters like you the benefit of the doubt and see if you'll actually talk football.

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There we go, knew that would get your attention.

I tried twice to talk to you about your thoughts on the FSU-Auburn matchups yesterday in both the NCG game thread and one more, and even though you were online you refused to discuss. See, I'm trying to give posters like you the benefit of the doubt and see if you'll actually talk football.

i didn't see the posts. since you didn't link me to the posts, i'll go look at your post history and find them myself and respond.

EDIT: went back and looked at your post history and couldn't find them.

Last edited by a moderator:

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC!

LSU

T-Shirt fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saban is the better coach and is damn near unstoppable with a month to prepare. That being said I wouldnt mind seeing Big Game Bob beat him. I like to pull for underdogs when I dont have a dog in the fight.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you mean he gets no credit? Being chosen this year over Oregon can be considered credit. Given the nick name Big Game Bob implies credit given.

He just needs to live up to that respect now.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting monkey stomped, curb stomped, clown stomped, embarrassed, raped and shat on in BCS bowls is nothing to be proud about. LOL at the stupid Sooner fan bragging about this.....

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"big game bob" owes it to us all to reach up into his ass and pull out a great gameplan to give us one hell of a football game in the Sugar bowl.

offshore1509

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I believe he said they were top heavy just like most conferences are, how is that mocking.

offshore1509

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
"big game bob" owes it to us all to reach up into his ass and pull out a great gameplan to give us one hell of a football game in the Sugar bowl.

I really think he will, he showed a little of the old Bob in the OSU game. OU comes into this game with nothing to lose because nobody gives them a chance, that is motivation at it's best.

Rather Be Fishin'

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's Stoops' record in BCS games?

Nuff said.