• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Steve Moore

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Y! SPORTS
68-million-in-todd-bertuzzi-suit-133149964.html

Pretty crazy that this is still going on. I read before that they had to pick which country would even take the case since it was Moore vs Canucks essentially. That, and Canucks have new ownership now.

I guess Moore and his "experts" are trying to claim that he would have become a top 6 guy while Canucks and their "experts" are claiming that he would have worked a tractor. Getting real spicy. But to Moore's argument, he is suing for an additional $30mil (Total of $65mil).

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the T6 argument is reaching, it's hard to predict what he would have been since he only had about 70 NHL games experience when the incident happened.

The 1998 1st round produced a ton of quality NHLers (and the Kings took Biron. Nice job!), even some in the 2nd round but Moore wasn't one of them (guys drafted after him to went on to have good careers are Brad Richards, Brian Gionta, Erik Cole, Shawn Horcoff) but it drops off significantly after that round. I also think the attorney's prediction that he would be a cook is off too, he attended Harvard so it's not like he was a dummy.

I think the $38 million should hold, and I think they'll settle somewhere around $50 million. What a mess for both Moore and Bertuzzi, I would hate to wake up every morning knowing that this is still over my head a decade later.

Last edited by a moderator:

histkng23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, at least Biron was included in the deal that brought Palffy & Smolinski prior to the 1999 season. But yeah, he was another "Al Murray Special." Came from the QMJHL which at the time (and still to this day some) produced players with insane offensive numbers that didn't translate to the NHL at all (Pavel Rosa, Yannik Lehoux anyone!?!). At least he never wore the Kings sweater more than putting it on onstage at the draft.