• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stephon Diggs - Will He want out?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I just said to my buddy;

Imagine being a millionaire athlete and barking on Twitter like it was a high school locker room

OC was fired today. Josh just isn’t playing well.

The 2nd INT was bad (as well as that botched hand-off), but Josh played OK IMO. There were a bunch of drops. The play calling often made no sense. Have success with the run on several plays in a row, then don't run for the next stretch of plays. Broncos certainly get some credit for their defense, but they were getting gashed at times.

The OC is the scapegoat and the first to fall, but it's not without merit. The real question is at head coach. The Bills had inexplicable brain farts on all 3 phases last night. I like McDermott, but these guys just seem so ill-prepared at times and play down to their opponents.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know many blame coaches for team mistakes, including Pats fans, but in the case of the Bills it seems a lot of the turnovers which have lost them games are on the players.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had to happen. Play calling has really fallen off since he took over for Daboll.
So the question is, is the alleged poor play calling resulting causing Josh Allen to become even more reckless, forcing passes into double/triple coverage? Or, is Josh just becoming more and more reckless the longer he is in the league? Because if the answer is the latter rather than the former, no OC is going to improve the offense.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the question is, is the alleged poor play calling resulting causing Josh Allen to become even more reckless, forcing passes into double/triple coverage? Or, is Josh just becoming more and more reckless the longer he is in the league? Because if the answer is the latter rather than the former, no OC is going to improve the offense.
Not sure if this is what did it, but I’ve long maintained that the Bills inability and lack of commitment in running the ball is a problem. Last night, they were facing the worst run defense in the league. Looked at the stats midway through the 2nd quarter and saw that the Bills were 2:1 pass to run. Personally, I’m not understanding team construction when you play in Buffalo. The goal is to be good and to get home playoff games. If you’re in Buffalo in January, it’s gonna be cold and you’re likely to play in bad weather. Last year was eye opening. Snow playoff game vs the Bengals should have been advantage Bills. It wasn’t. Bengals handled that stuff much better and the Bills looked lost. Is Dorsey the reasoning behind their refusal to run the ball even when a matchup is presented to them in a must win situation? Or is he just the scapegoat here? I have no idea.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if this is what did it, but I’ve long maintained that the Bills inability and lack of commitment in running the ball is a problem. Last night, they were facing the worst run defense in the league. Looked at the stats midway through the 2nd quarter and saw that the Bills were 2:1 pass to run. Personally, I’m not understanding team construction when you play in Buffalo. The goal is to be good and to get home playoff games. If you’re in Buffalo in January, it’s gonna be cold and you’re likely to play in bad weather. Last year was eye opening. Snow playoff game vs the Bengals should have been advantage Bills. It wasn’t. Bengals handled that stuff much better and the Bills looked lost. Is Dorsey the reasoning behind their refusal to run the ball even when a matchup is presented to them in a must win situation? Or is he just the scapegoat here? I have no idea.
Lot a truth to what you are saying. Bills are 3-4 in their last 7 games and in those games, Cook has averaged only 13 touches per game. This is a guy who averages 5.1 yards per carry (4th in the NFL among RBs) and 9.3 yards per reception. He should be getting 20 touches per game.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lot a truth to what you are saying. Bills are 3-4 in their last 7 games and in those games, Cook has averaged only 13 touches per game. This is a guy who averages 5.1 yards per carry (4th in the NFL among RBs) and 9.3 yards per reception. He should be getting 20 touches per game.

I agree completely too....

.....but I was chuckling to myself last night thinking maybe the reason they dont call the run as often as they should because they figure they will turn the ball over more than they would passing with the way he was dribbling the football down the field last night.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Especially because he’s on my fantasy team!

DonMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that part of the problem is lack of commitment to the running game, but it's not obvious where to point the finger.

For example, one change the Bills made in the offseason was drafting Kincaid, with the idea of using more 2 TE sets. (with one often in the slot) This is a more balanced look where you might run/pass roughly equally split, compared to a 3 WR set where tendency is to pass more often.
The problem is, once Knox got hurt, the Bills completely abandoned the 2 TE sets. They have another TE on the roster, and one more on the practice squad, but they apparently weren't comfortable even putting those players on the field. Is that the front office's fault, for not getting them the proper personnel, or the coaches, for not using the talent available?

Another change I noticed this season was the Bills were using a RBBC approach, with Cook, Murray, and Harris all seeing significant minutes. Most games earlier in the season, Cook was getting about 10 carries, and Murray and Harris about 5 each. Unfortunately, Harris got hurt, and the end result was those snaps/carries got replaced with passing formations/plays. Did Dorsey decide to make that change, or was it essentially forced on him?

I've always believed that for the Bills and Josh Allen to succeed, they have to make it easy for Josh. Run the ball enough that he doesn't have to throw 30-40 times a game.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that part of the problem is lack of commitment to the running game, but it's not obvious where to point the finger.

For example, one change the Bills made in the offseason was drafting Kincaid, with the idea of using more 2 TE sets. (with one often in the slot) This is a more balanced look where you might run/pass roughly equally split, compared to a 3 WR set where tendency is to pass more often.
The problem is, once Knox got hurt, the Bills completely abandoned the 2 TE sets. They have another TE on the roster, and one more on the practice squad, but they apparently weren't comfortable even putting those players on the field. Is that the front office's fault, for not getting them the proper personnel, or the coaches, for not using the talent available?

Another change I noticed this season was the Bills were using a RBBC approach, with Cook, Murray, and Harris all seeing significant minutes. Most games earlier in the season, Cook was getting about 10 carries, and Murray and Harris about 5 each. Unfortunately, Harris got hurt, and the end result was those snaps/carries got replaced with passing formations/plays. Did Dorsey decide to make that change, or was it essentially forced on him?

I've always believed that for the Bills and Josh Allen to succeed, they have to make it easy for Josh. Run the ball enough that he doesn't have to throw 30-40 times a game.
And that’s not a Josh Allen thing either. That’s all QBs who benefit from a solid run game behind them.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems that it’s more a thing about giving Allen a lot of leeway to change plays and stuff, and he loves pass the ball or run it himself, so maybe that has something to do with it. Bills fans probably have more insights.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems that it’s more a thing about giving Allen a lot of leeway to change plays and stuff, and he loves pass the ball or run it himself, so maybe that has something to do with it. Bills fans probably have more insights.
That needs to be coached out of him or that freedom needs to be taken away from him. You have an audible system to get you into the best play vs a specific defense. If the QB can’t or is unwilling to get into the right play then there’s no point in changing the play just to go from bad to bad.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 2nd INT was bad (as well as that botched hand-off), but Josh played OK IMO. There were a bunch of drops. The play calling often made no sense. Have success with the run on several plays in a row, then don't run for the next stretch of plays. Broncos certainly get some credit for their defense, but they were getting gashed at times.

The OC is the scapegoat and the first to fall, but it's not without merit. The real question is at head coach. The Bills had inexplicable brain farts on all 3 phases last night. I like McDermott, but these guys just seem so ill-prepared at times and play down to their opponents.

Nah. I’m pretty sick of coaches taking blame. McDermott turned this team around, Beane too yes, but Derm is a rock.

But he will probably get fired next loss… and that will be incredibly stupid.

Josh has played terrible most of each game for most of the season. Terrible. He squished the fish… and had some sprinkles elsewhere… but that isn’t Josh Allen. My running (no longer a) joke: he needs a haircut.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He’s the scapegoat.

Not that he’ll be missed for anything extra, but Dorsey is just running last year’s playbook (updated obviously)…

Josh has treated first quarters this year like the plane ride home after a long vacation.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Send him to the Panthers, sounds like a win win to me.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Send him to the Panthers, sounds like a win win to me.

I'm telling you, he will end up on 3 or 4 other teams before he retires, because he's such a pain in the ass. Then he'll retire with no team that wants anything to do with him and won't even bring him back to honor his accomplishments.

Keyshawn Diggs.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He has always been turnover prone as they rely too heavily on his play-making ability. Calling more running plays will certainly help, and calling plays that create better check-down opportunities and short crosses couldn't hurt either.

With Monday night's game as an example, only one INT was a questionable decision by Josh. However, with how successful their running game was (9.6 ypc for Cook, 7.6 ypc for Murray), they should've called more than 21 runs for those two.

It's not just on the OC though, as I question McDermott's ability to get his team ready and up for these games. They shouldn't be scratching tooth and nail to beat teams like the Giants, Broncos and Bucs.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah. I’m pretty sick of coaches taking blame. McDermott turned this team around, Beane too yes, but Derm is a rock.

But he will probably get fired next loss… and that will be incredibly stupid.

Josh has played terrible most of each game for most of the season. Terrible. He squished the fish… and had some sprinkles elsewhere… but that isn’t Josh Allen. My running (no longer a) joke: he needs a haircut.

I personally don't like firing coaches without a targeted replacement already in mind. They obviously wouldn't be promoting from within (the DC walked over the summer and they just fired the OC). With the OC now gone, McDermott is the next head to roll, like it or not.