• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Steph 4 for 44 mil, or Cousins 4 for 62 mil

$ for $, Steph or D. Cousins?

• Steph 4 years 44 mil

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • D. Cousins 4 years 62 mil

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which would you rather have?

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess this is how bad teams stay bad?

When 'motivated', Cousins, plays like a top 10 Center in the league, has tools to be top 5, but the knucklehead in him makes me wonder if he will ever live up to that deal.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess this is how bad teams stay bad?

When 'motivated', Cousins, plays like a top 10 Center in the league, has tools to be top 5, but the knucklehead in him makes me wonder if he will ever live up to that deal.

Having Shaq now added to the Kings virtually assures them of having a future blow up with Cousins. Shaq's (inevitable) bashing of Cousins and Cousin's already fragile psyche could lead to having the Kings trade him for pennies on the dollar.

I think Boogie has all the talent in the world, but I hate when players do not play with a focus or passion that should come along with being able to play in the NBA (and for millions of dollars). You can teach a player to defend better, you can teach them have to shoot better, handle better, box out better. You can't teach a player to hustle. You can't a player to play with heart. You can't force a player to focus or mature. I'll take a guy with a love for the game and the passion any day over one who half asses it only when he feels like it.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having Shaq now added to the Kings virtually assures them of having a future blow up with Cousins. Shaq's (inevitable) bashing of Cousins and Cousin's already fragile psyche could lead to having the Kings trade him for pennies on the dollar.

I think Boogie has all the talent in the world, but I hate when players do not play with a focus or passion that should come along with being able to play in the NBA (and for millions of dollars). You can teach a player to defend better, you can teach them have to shoot better, handle better, box out better. You can't teach a player to hustle. You can't a player to play with heart. You can't force a player to focus or mature. I'll take a guy with a love for the game and the passion any day over one who half asses it only when he feels like it.

:agree:

Well said, thing that kills me, is what has Cousins really done in the league to justify that contract?

One thing I know for sure is Mike Malone isn't going to last 3 years up there, may not even make it out of his second year. Can you imagine practice sessions where Malone is trying to install his defense, D. Cousins looks up and points at his checkbook and tells Malone to quiet down.

gsw_lightning

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough to choose. IF Shaq can get it through to Cousins that he "only" has D12 as competition in the West, maybe Cousins might be "motivated" enough to succeed. Curry is a self-motivated kind of guy, so I expect him to expand his ceiling by going beyond being the 3pt NBA leader, maybe lead the West or NBA in assists as a new goal with Bogut finally healthy. We'll see.

_so_money_

Dubmaster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you guys nuts? Curry is probably the best contract in the NBA right now. I bet you 30 out of 30 GMs would make the same choice.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lf-TF09iTP4"]Random Steph Video[/ame]

Did Steph single handedly get George Karl fired after those playoffs? How does a team leave El Fuego that open so often?

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Are you guys nuts? Curry is probably the best contract in the NBA right now. I bet you 30 out of 30 GMs would make the same choice.

Any GM who would choose Cousins' contract over Steph's contract SHOULD be fired. Don't get me wrong. I understand hoops. If Cousins - a center - is playing to the best of his ability, he has more of an impact on his team than does Curry - a point guard.

But reality says that Curry has already proven to be worth MORE than $11 mil per year while Cousins has yet to prove even once that he is worthy of $15.5 mil per.

In the battle of which contract is better, Curry wins hands down.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any GM who would choose Cousins' contract over Steph's contract SHOULD be fired. Don't get me wrong. I understand hoops. If Cousins - a center - is playing to the best of his ability, he has more of an impact on his team than does Curry - a point guard.

But reality says that Curry has already proven to be worth MORE than $11 mil per year while Cousins has yet to prove even once that he is worthy of $15.5 mil per.

In the battle of which contract is better, Curry wins hands down.

Yeah pretty sure only one person in this entire thread thought that it was even a close decision. Curry is easily the better contract with all of Cousins problems, past and future.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bump, Cousins got outplayed by Bogut from the tip off tonight 11/2

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A good friend of mine is a Kings fan, so I root for them unless they are playing the Warriors.

The Kings look improved, and with the new coach and ownership, the future looks bright. That said, I couldn't stand watching that big baby Cousins play every night. Contrast Cousins the head case with Curry, the kind of guy you want your daughter to bring home.

The awesome contract is only bonus.

CohanHater

Long Time Warrior Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KD will be back and Bron is turning it on in Cleveland. I wouldn't jump to MVP levels yet, but it's been entertaining for sure