• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sunday Night Football: Steelers vs Fins right fucking now on NBC

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need a thread......

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dolphins score and take a 7-0 lead.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tua looking good.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They fixing to score again.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Liking the protection from the line as well. He is one hit away from mush IMO

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dinner smells delicious.

Its Time Sport GIF by UFC

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami D playing to soft of coverage

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a terrible decision to go for it. Just go up 2 scores and play defense (against a bad offense).

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did he drop that interception. It looked almost impossible

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a terrible decision to go for it. Just go up 2 scores and play defense (against a bad offense).
Agreed in a tight defensive game why not take the 9 point lead. If anything why run it twice up the gut when they are sitting there. Learning experience for MM. Fins will be better next week Tua needs the practice time.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Unreal, especially in such a low-scoring game... and then throwing (incomplete) on 3rd & long on their last meaningful possession, giving the Steelers an extra 30 seconds. I had no rooting interest, but I so wanted the Steelers to score on that last drive and shove it in the face of SF's "boy genius".

Last edited:

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unreal, especially in such a low-scoring game... and then throwing (incomplete) on 3rd & long on their last meaningful possession, giving the Steelers an extra 30 seconds. I had no rooting interest, but I so wanted the Steelers to score on that last drive and shove it in the face of SF's "boy genius".

s/b the Fin's not SF.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It is funny to listen to announcers and see the coaches try things like that because of the "analytics". What people don't realize is that the analytics dont take into account ANYTHING about the opposing team or your team. It is just a general rule of thumb for any random NFL game.

Which means when it says you should go for it and try to put up more points rather than just take the 3 points is that it doesn't care if you are facing a bad offense like the Steelers or a great offense like KC's. It also doesn't take into account your defense and whether it is solid or awful. If you feed factors like that into an analytical formula, it would be RADICALLY different numbers than the numbers they are using to make the decision.

I'm not saying analytics are useless. But without realizing things like the above, they will lead you to the wrong analytical decision way more often than not because there is no such thing as a generic up 6 at the end of the 3rd quarter. If you aren't factoring in such things as your offense, their offense, your defense, their defense, your ability to successfully convert a 4th and 2 and a whole host of other factors, you really aren't using an analytical approach.

I think it was Collinsworth who said it a couple of weeks ago and it is completely true: Analytics in the modern NFL are really just used as an excuse that a coach can point to as to why he went with his gut instinct and went for it on 4th. Because most of the decisions they are making aren't really using analytics correctly.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is funny to listen to announcers and see the coaches try things like that because of the "analytics". What people don't realize is that the analytics dont take into account ANYTHING about the opposing team or your team. It is just a general rule of thumb for any random NFL game.

Which means when it says you should go for it and try to put up more points rather than just take the 3 points is that it doesn't care if you are facing a bad offense like the Steelers or a great offense like KC's. It also doesn't take into account your defense and whether it is solid or awful. If you feed factors like that into an analytical formula, it would be RADICALLY different numbers than the numbers they are using to make the decision.

I'm not saying analytics are useless. But without realizing things like the above, they will lead you to the wrong analytical decision way more often than not because there is no such thing as a generic up 6 at the end of the 3rd quarter. If you aren't factoring in such things as your offense, their offense, your defense, their defense, your ability to successfully convert a 4th and 2 and a whole host of other factors, you really aren't using an analytical approach.

I think it was Collinsworth who said it a couple of weeks ago and it is completely true: Analytics in the modern NFL are really just used as an excuse that a coach can point to as to why he went with his gut instinct and went for it on 4th. Because most of the decisions they are making aren't really using analytics correctly.

and I think it was actually 4th & 3 and from the 14. If the analytics directed him to go for it in that situation, the analytics were wrong. You go up by 2 scores in that situation every time.. but especially in such a low scoring game against an anemic offense.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And some don't think all that much about this somewhat new NFL Buss word.

Football is still that