• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

STEELER 2014 OPPONENTS

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
01012014_2014_Opponents_ArticleEmbed.jpg

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Want to surprise my daughter with tkts to the ATL game. May road trip to Nashville for the Titans game if it's a 1p game.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like a nasty season! TEN, JAX, NYJ are the only games I can see that will be a "should win" situation. HOU, TEN & TB will be much better next season IMO. 6 of their 2014 opponents are (or were) in the playoffs this season.

Lets hope that PIT has another successful offseason and figures out their defense, or else its going to be a long season!

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now with Whiz at the helm in TEN, they look a whole lot stronger. I'm curious to see what they do with Chris Johnson now.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now with Whiz at the helm in TEN, they look a whole lot stronger. I'm curious to see what they do with Chris Johnson now.

We had enough problem with the Titan when they had Munchak...lol...that game is on my radar for a road trip...Nashville is only 3.5 hrs from my driveway...if it's a 1p start I might go but the Steelers do come to ATL also.

Really sounds like CJ is done in TN...big cap hit guy and he's no longer the bell cow.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We had enough problem with the Titan when they had Munchak...lol...that game is on my radar for a road trip...Nashville is only 3.5 hrs from my driveway...if it's a 1p start I might go but the Steelers do come to ATL also.

Really sounds like CJ is done in TN...big cap hit guy and he's no longer the bell cow.

I wish I could be at those games! I will not know if I'll be in the area for most of the away games, just depends on where my work sends me. But you bet your ass I'll be at all the home games!

I wonder where CJ will land? Maybe CLE, MIA or NYJ? Can't think of a whole lot of places in need.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish I could be at those games! I will not know if I'll be in the area for most of the away games, just depends on where my work sends me. But you bet your ass I'll be at all the home games!

I wonder where CJ will land? Maybe CLE, MIA or NYJ? Can't think of a whole lot of places in need.

I'm envious...been to see the Steelers in the Orange Bowl (yea I'm getting old), Joe Robbie or whatever the new name is, PHI, Meadowlands, ATL, DC, DEN (Mile High), and one other city I'm missing, oh JAX, but never in PIT... my brother in law in N. Cali is a huge KC fan...if we can pull that one off next year, that would be akin to a bucket list scratch off for both of us.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell man if you ever wandered up towards PIT you should let me know beforehand. I've got lots of friends that are season ticket holders and every now and then they give their tickets away!

But I'm envious that you've been to that many different away games. I think the new Joe Robbie is the Sun Life Stadium? But I've been to PHI (obviously the easiest for me), MetLife Stadium, Gillette, FirstEnergy, Paul Brown, M&T Bank, and a few others. I haven't wandered too far outside of the northeast.

I think TEN or JAX could be worth the trip for me. Might have to consider it this year.

Last edited by a moderator:

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell man if you ever wandered up towards PIT you should let me know beforehand. I've got lots of friends that are season ticket holders and every now and then they give their tickets away!

But I'm envious that you've been to that many different away games. I think the new Joe Robbie is the Sun Life Stadium? But I've been to PHI (obviously the easiest for me), MetLife Stadium, Gillette, FirstEnergy, Paul Brown, M&T Bank, and a few others. I haven't wandered too far outside of the northeast.

I think TEN or JAX could be worth the trip for me. Might have to consider it this year.

I'm sure my BIL already knows KC will be going to PIT next season...once the schedule comes out if it looks like we can do I it I certainly will let you know.

Unfortunately...a lot of those games I went to, in fact all but one were pre-Ben so the OFC was not very good. But I did get to see Noll, Cowher, so if Tomlin is still around next season I would have seen each of the HC live covering 40 yrs of Steelers football.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure my BIL already knows KC will be going to PIT next season...once the schedule comes out if it looks like we can do I it I certainly will let you know.

Unfortunately...a lot of those games I went to, in fact all but one were pre-Ben so the OFC was not very good. But I did get to see Noll, Cowher, so if Tomlin is still around next season I would have seen each of the HC live covering 40 yrs of Steelers football.

Wow that's amazing. I would have loved to see Noll. I've only seen Cowher & Tomlin. I was pretty young when Noll was still around but never got to see a game in person (not that I would have remembered at that age).

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like a tough stretch after the bye to close out the regular season…

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ratbirds will be pissed they have to play us both games in prime time!!!!

Its about damn time we got the bye later in the season instead of the first 5 weeks!!!

It should be a good year "IF" our boys play up to their potential!!!

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say 11-5

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
11-5 would be great… I think we have what it takes to sweep Cincy this year. Maybe not the ratbirds since I believe they will rebound. But I still have PIT on top of the division in the end. Playoff bound is what I hope for…

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Kitties underwent quite the overturn this offseason. Losing BOTH coordinators is going to sting whether they like it or not. Having both hired in-house will at least keep them from having to install new schemes. But they lost Michael Johnson (best edge rusher), Anthony Collins (starting OT), Andrew Hawkins (WR3), Kyle Cook (starting C), & James Harrison to FA & cuts. I think they will still be a contender, but once again their fate clings to Dalton. And from past experience that never ends well lol.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see good things coming this season for the Black & Gold! :suds:

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoyer is not terrible, but I don't fear him...CLE is tough defensively, but PIT can dbl up on them imo. Split with BAL/CIN...the key as it's been every year lately...we need to beat the marginal teams and Tomlin has struggled with that.

Steelers will be favored (3 to 6 pts) most likely in all of these non DIV games...TB, @ JAX, HOU, @NYJ, @TN, IND. They need to win 5 of the 6.

Thy will be slight underdog to very slight favorite in these gms...NO @ ATL, KC...need to win 2 of the 3.

I think this a 10 win team today, I think 11 is feasible depending on how they start. I can really see .500 after 4 games...if they're 3-1 after 4, I think 11 games is probable...barring any major injuries.